Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura
Reykjavik4you Apartments Hotel(Reykjavik)
$228
$209
Hotel Reykjavik Centrum(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$267
$191
  • Breakfast included
$307
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$320
$458
$382
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
City Center Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$196
TripAdvisor
2,369 results
All reviewsdomestic airportfree bus passsatt restaurantsmall airportbedtime storiescity airportthe pearlicelandair packagenice hotelincluded in our packagebreakfast buffetminute walktour deskhotel restaurantnorthern lightsspa areaiceland air
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This hotel was ideal for our 3 night Northern Lights reasonably priced package booked with Icelandair. Some people on Tripadvisor have complained about the free bus into the city but we used it nearly every day and it was just right.Yes the hotel is away from the centre but not so far that its a problem as long as you are aware of that.After advice on here I requested a room at the front which had everything we wanted and was very quiet with comfy beds- part of our package-but there are better rooms available if you want to pay more.They say its the only hotel in Reykjavik with an indoor swimming pool, and what a lovely pool it is- very calm atmosphere, very warm sea water pool with a very hot 'hot-tub' ,steam and sauna rooms and an indoor patio to relax in- very spa like- great after a full day of exploring. On first night we were going out on our Northern Lights tour and didn't have time to look around so had a light meal in the restaurant, good service, nice atmosphere, menu and food ok- there is a 3 course menu for approx £28 each, just bear in mind there are no shops nearby to pop out to for food, but some snacks are available from restaurant and there is a small selection available in reception.We were room only and had full breakfast one day- plenty of choice for approx £10 and there is a kettle in the room.One last thing- we didn't change any money at all- you can pay for everything with your credit card, just be carefull if you have one that charges for every use abroad.I am happy to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a room at the front- you can see over car park to the city,view at back of airport buildings and runways.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Icelandairhotel, Front Office Manager at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Dear guest from Wales

Thank you for your much valued feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Since the recent re-opening of the spa/swimming pool area, this has been a great hit both with guests and locals.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We bought a package deal, and were placed at the Natura. Though its a bit out of town, it is conveniently located to the Bus Terminal and walking distance to Hertz car rental center. The staff at check-in was a bit slow, and there was not great order when we arrived. We finally checked in (at 7am which was really nice) and headed to our room. The room was a basic European twin, with nice bathroom with shower and hairdryer, a small TV, and tea/coffee. Nothing to write home about, but comfortable.

We did not try the spa out, but it looked divine, and use of the pool is free.

We had a very pricey breakfast, which was typical European fare, and great for a long day on the road. They also have grab and go snacks like Skyr and sandwiches, cereals, drinks for those on the run.

We had a problem with our bathroom light, it flashed in a very annoying way, so much so that we had to shower in the dark. We called down in the morning to have it fixed and the receptionist said he would take care of it. When we returned in the evening though, the light was just turned off...when we called down, the new person at the desk had no idea what we were talking about and basically told me I was not using the light correctly. Then he had to come up and fix it, but only after we insisted. This is my logic for only 3 stars, the front desk reps do not talk to each other, and that is just not cool.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Icelandairhotel, Front Office Manager at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Icelandair Hótel Reykjavik Natura. I was glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel, which is perfect as a base for shorter or longer trips from Reykjavik

I am disappointed that you had an issue with our service during your stay with us. We have a double system to prevent these communication mishaps between different departments and shifts from happening. Although usually this system works well, in your case it did not for which we sincerely apologize. I am looking further into how we can prevent this from happening again.
We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and hope that you wil give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for en week on holiday in Reykjavik. It's a 20-25 min. walk from the centre of the city, close to nature, - which I liked. Great breakfast-buffet with everything you could possible want. Had a standard room, it's like any standard room in a fourstared hotel. Coffee-/teafacilities, a good thing. Would stay here again on a future stay in Reykjavik.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Icelandairhotel, Front Office Manager at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear Dorte Dalsgaard

Thank you for your kind words. Indeed the hotel lives up to its name; we are very close to nature, but still within walkable distance from downtown.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

They left us in the Restaraunt for 1 hr still no food.
Booked 72 people for northern lights trip and sent Coach for 52 so we was put on another coach and didn't get ack until 1 30am and then found they had a party going on and we had to be up at 4 to fly home
Very disappointed

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Elboy1

Thank you for your comments on your stay at our hotel. It is only through feedback like yours that we can improve our service.
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We purchased our package through Icelandair like many others. According to our package, the hotel planned for an early check-in. Upon arrival we were told that there would be no rooms available until at least 9am. This was not necessarily the staff's fault, however Icelandair packages should not false advertise as far as 'early check-in'. We were told we could get breakfast at the buffet if we wanted (unfortunately we were not compensated for the wait and it cost $40 per couple!). Since we had 2 hours to waste we figured we had nothing better to do. The breakfast does have a very large selection of fruits, breads, meats, sausage, eggs, coffee and other assortments....so if you are VERY hungry it is a decent value. But make sure you are VERY hungry for it to be worth it! We did not have a breakfast included in our package and I suppose if you are big breakfast eater it might be worth getting that price included in your stay.

We did finally get into our rooms and I was not thrilled. Between 3 couples we had 3 rooms. Our room in particular seemed to be older with an old (slightly stained and smelly) carpet. The other couples rooms had an updated bathroom and newer basic pergo floor which definitely lightened the room and made it more comfortable. Our view was decent and we were able to see the church, the mountains, and the Perlan. We heard no noise at all from the airport. The beds were very comfortable and I slept well every night. The rooms are VERY basic, so dont expect much!

After settling into our rooms we headed out to the city center. It was cold, wet, windy that day and when we returned we decided to recover in the pool/spa area. It was very nice and free to use by all guests. In fact, this was the main reason we chose this hotel over the other choice (the hilton...where they charge you every time you use it). I wish we had more time to use this during our stay but unfortunately our time only allowed for these few hours. But the free spa made the hotel worth all the negatives

The shuttles also worked out for us while we were there. I can see how the times might not work for some people...but we were certainly able to work our plans around their schedule. One warmer night we did walk back from the city center and it was actually an enjoyable walk.

The only horrible thing I have to say about this hotel visit was their restaurant Satt. I would give it less than 1 star if I could. ABSOLUTELY do not waste your money. Initially we were told it would be a 15-20 minute wait to be seated. 45 minutes later we spoke to the hostess who CLEARLY forgot about us. 10 minutes later we were seated. The service continued to be absolutely horrible and the food was not worth any wait. The 6 of us started with soup. The lamb soup was mostly broth and had minimal flavor other than salt. My brussel sprout soup literally had ONE brussel sprout. We then waited for at least 30 minutes with no food and no service....I am sure that our awful waiter forgot about us. Finally the hostess returned and we asked about our entrees. Our meals soon came with no apology or explanation from our waiter. After finishing our dinner we again waited and waited and waited for our waiter to return...but no such luck. I found him standing near the bar having a converstation with someone. Stood there and was unacknowlegded and had to interupt him mid-conversation. I stated to him that we have been waiting for him for a long time and would like our check. At that time he was very rude and said ok, waved his hand for me to go back to the table, and began to continue with his converstation. Only when the person he was speaking with suggested that he take care of us did he get us our bill. This was a VERY VERY unpleasant evening and certainly left a bad taste (no pun intended) in all 6 of our mouths. Go to the Icelandic Bar in town for fabulous service and delicious True Iclandic cuisine!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chelsarah711

Dear Chelsarah

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Icelandair Hótel Reykjavík Natura. Thank you for mentioning the pros and cons and some good tips for future guests – we really value your opinion.
I was saddened though to read that there were some aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations.
Especially your disappointment with both staff and the quality of food at our restaurant is surprising to me. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unacceptable service, which you described. I can assure you that your comments have already been passed on to the restaurant management team who will review them with their staff.
Regarding the rooms: we do have variety of rooms within each category and I was sorry to hear that we did not have the opportunity to move you to a more suitable room.
Just a short note on the early check-in: We fully understand that waiting can be difficult after night flights and we always check in guests that have bought packages with Icelandair as soon as rooms become available. This early check-in is guaranteed, as clearly stated on the Icelandair website, no later than 10 am.
I am glad you enjoyed the warm and relaxing ambiance of our wonderful Sóley Natura Spa here at the hotel. It truly is a gem.
Please accept my apologies once again for the disappointments you experienced during your stay.
I do sincerely hope to see you again soon.