We stayed 5 nights at the Hotel Natura while we attended a conference. The hotel is nice and clean but a bit spartan. The only amenity I saw in the bathroom was a shower cap. But the liquid soap dispensers were a nice touch.
The beds were single, but could be pushed together on the (slippery) wood floor. Each had it's own comforter as the only blanket. That was all that was needed, as the hot water heat kept the room comfortable, but was a bit hard to adjust, as there was no thermostat.
Due to our busy schedule, we didn't get to the pool. The one time we seriously tried was Sunday morning, when we found out the pool opened at 11 AM, and that was too late for us, as we had a tour at 12. But I did get to the bedtime stories on Thursday night, which I found interesting.
The staff was most helpful in answering all our questions and attending to all our needs. This included the front desk staff, the tour guide expert, and the dining room staff.
The hotel is a fair hike from town, so either plan on doing a lot of walking (in very changeable weather) or taking taxis often, as the free shuttle doesn't run that often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir