The exterior is certainly pretty grim, and interior is fairly dated too. However, the rooms are comfy; we went for the Arts upgrade and the room was good for two. Beds very good, and all in-room facility up to scratch. All very clean (of course), chocolates on a tray, not bad.
Avoid the restaurant (except for breakfast, obviously) - it's overpriced without a compensation of getting decent food, which happens in most of Reykjavik centre restaurants. Service is rather slow, and the dishes are not good at all. "Fish gratin" was disgusting with no fish in it. The guy at the other table sent it back to the kitchen "for the dogs", and I understand the feeling.
The pool and area around it are nice for relaxation if you have time. It's for floating, not swimming. Sauna and steam bath are very good, and you can get yourself a robe and sip your drinks next to the pool.
Staff is extra friendly, but this is a feature of the country, not of the hotel as such.
The big problem is location - too far from town to walk in bad weather, so you have to rely on taxis a lot. A taxi trip is about 1500 kronas, so return trip is about £15-16. Nothing dramatic, just keep this in mind. Hotel shuttle is only five times a day. If the weather is fine you can walk to the city centre in 20-25 minutes, but a large part of that is along a busy road so not very scenic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir