“A fun place”
Review of Laugardalslaug

Laugardalslaug
Ranked #2 of 23 Fun & Games in Reykjavik
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Big nice pool outside. Try the waterslide, it's not very fast. You can swim or just hang in the second pool. Good price and inside Reykjavik, worth an afternoon visit!

All reviews
"olympic pool"
"disco lights"
"remove your shoes"

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very good place to visit at any weather conditions! Clean and neat, recommendable for children and for anyone who likes it hot! :) Plus very fair price! A good end of the day in Reyjkavik!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We visited with our sons aged 6 and almost 4 during a long weekend in Reykjavik. They absolutely loved it. We caught the No14 bus from the bus station there. Entrance to the pool was reasonable with the youngest being free. What bumped the price up was 550isk per towel rental, so 2200 on towel rental being about £12 just to rent the towels. There were armbands there free to help yourselves to borrow.

The floats and general appearance of the pool was run down, in need of some investment, but suppose the harsh winters must speed up the weathering of it. It didn't stop the children enjoying it. We used the kids pool (warm) and tried the very hot relaxing pool.

Beware, like other Icelandic pools, the signs instruct that you shower naked before leaving the changing rooms. The locals don't appear to have any issues with being naked.

Changing room lockers use wristbands so no need to have change for the locker. There was food available to purchase where you enterred but no pool-side cafe. We stopped at the hotdog takeaway just outside afterwards.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

After reading the reviews on this website my boyfriend was worried about having to shower in public but you didn't have to. On entrance to swimming pool I showed my Reykjavik Welcome Card to the member of staff who issued me with a wrist band which let me through the turnstiles and also locked my locker (on the way out I had to place the wrist band in a slot to be let out of the turnstiles).
You have to remove your shoes outside the changing rooms and then once inside the changing rooms, you get changed and put your belongings in a locker. There are communal and single showers. There wasn't anyone checking to see if you had showered. I left my towel in a cubby hole near the showers but my boyfriend brought his out to the pool and left it hanging up outside.
The main pool was around 28 degrees and there were several jacuzzi type pools next to the pool which ranged from around 38 - 44 degrees, one contained sea water. They felt far too hot for me on my first day but I soon got used to it. Next to the childrens' pool there was another hot pool and a round flat one which was bliss to lie in as the weather was very sunny during our visit. I could have stayed a few hours but my boyfriend wanted to leave. I went twice at around 7pm so it wasn't too busy but I would love to go again. It was a highlight of our trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 16, 2014

It's a bit worn in places - and has obviously had some alterations but generally good value for money. A good choice of pools for serious training or just splashing about. Different temperature 'hot pots' for relaxing in and a nice saltwater tub at the end of the outdoor pool.

Be prepared to follow the rules when going in:
1) Remove shoes before entering the changing area, either leaving them on the racks outside or bagging and carrying in with you.
2) Take your towel with you to the shower area (where there are small racks for storage) - you need it when you return to keep the changing area dry
3) Prepare to shower naked before entering the pool area - they obviously take cleanliness seriously.
4) After swimming shower and dry off before going back to the changing area.

All the lockers are electronic controlled by an armband so no change is necessary.