“Decent place crowded with locals”

Hamborgarafabrikkan
Ranked #120 of 535 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: PLEASED TO "MEAT" YOU Ok. You're in Iceland. Probably not for the first time. Not something you do every year, right? You will probably bathe in the Blue Lagoon and take a road trip to Gullfoss and Geysir. That's all well and good. But neither is something you eat. That's why we have 15 brilliant and creative hamburgers at the Hamburger Factory. And they are all perfectly square. Made from 100% fresh high-quality ingredients, directly from Icelandic nature. The Hamburger Factory is Iceland's most innovative gourmet burger chain. Packed with burger-craving customers since its opening in 2010, among the regulars is Iceland's best known fisherman, Eric Clapton. We have three wonderful restaurants in Iceland. The mothership opened in 2010 on the groundfloor of the highest tower in Reykjavík, right opposite Höfdi house. Our second one is in Akureyri, the capital of the north. It opened in 2013 on the groundfloor of the historic Hotel Kea in the heart of the town's center. The third one opened in the spring of 2014 in Icelander's favorite shopping mall, Kringlan. Be sure to stop by before you leave. You will love it. And we will love you back. BE SQUARE AND BE THERE!
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Since me and my girlfriend were staying in the Bolholt Apartments and didn't want to go into the city center, we were looking for a restaurant close by. So, we found this burger place and reserved a table via email. Despite the fact that we didn't get any reply we went anyway. When we arrived the restaurant was already very crowded and people waiting in line. But as soon as we reached the counter and told them that we actually sent an email, they tried to get us a table asap, which happend within less than a minute. We got a table for two close to the bar. Quite ok. As a starter we took the fried jalapenos filled with cream cheese. The plus was definitely that they were not from the freezer. However, they were not as hot (spicy) as I would have liked them. The main course had to be burgers which were decent but lacked some seasoning as did the fries. The dessert again was really good and tasty.
We really enjoyed our stay and had a good time in this very atmospheric restaurant although I expected the burgers to be better, to be more like those you get in real scottish pubs which are full of this meaty, greasy, cheesy flavor. Anyhow, if you are also staying far away from the center then you should give it a try.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went here today with my 2-year-old son. I had the lamburger and he had the octopus hot dogs (regular hot dogs cut as an octopus). The lamburger was amazing, though the sauce was very runny and ended up making the bun soggy in the end. Nevertheless it was a very good burger. Fried were good too, not too salty or greasy. The octopus hot dogs were fine and the veggies that came with the meal tasted very fresh.

Service was good, nothing to complain. Very kid friendly, they offer colored pencils and a coloring book or a dvd player with kids shows to keep the kids occupied. The best part of the restaurant was the skyr cake, regular cheesecake will never taste as good again. I have no idea what the bill was in USD or €, frankly I have tried not to think about since everything seems to be so expensive here. :) I would recommend this to anyone visiting Reykjavik and will go back if I'm ever in Iceland again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been there around 10-15 times. This place is great for groups to grab a burger and beer. I love a burger named " forsetinn" or "the president" a burger with premium cheese,parma ham and dijon mustard.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

It's a nice restaurant serving hamburgers as well as a few other dishes that taste well enough to most people wanting to return.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

It is a good Hard Rock stile hamburger place. It is one of the in placeless of icelandic youngsters.

1  Thank Thorkell T