Radisson Blu Saga Hotel
Hotel Reykjavik Centrum(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$267
$328
$289
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
City Center Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$256
$195
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$308
$284
$242
$204
$565
$493
Travelocity
2,284 results
All reviewsbusiness classnational museumminute walkcity centreevening buffetbit datedtop floordecent hotelnorthern lightsbreakfast was excellentskyrdomestic airporttwin roomcold meatshappy hourshort breakbread
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here on the first and last day of our tour. The rooms are a good size and clean. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful. We did not have a dinner here but we did enjoy the breakfast which had a lot of variety. It is about a ten minute walk from the centre of town but this is a small price to pay to have a good quiet night's sleep. I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leonie G
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Saga and for taking the time to write these very nice comments.

We are looking forward to welcome you back

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed on first and last two nights of a Titan 10 day accompanied circuit of Iceland in late July.
The evening buffet in the restaurant was excellent with a wide choice and up to 5 courses available. The lamb was probably the best I've ever tasted. The breakfast choice in a more basic restaurant was also extensive and only let down in the peak period 0730-0830 by the quantity of uncleared crockery and some stained table cloths, due to the numbers eating at the same time, also making it difficult for groups to find enough seats to sit together. The hotel do warn about this but could help more if there were places to stack the 'dirties' left by others or to open both restaurants.
The location about 15-20 minutes from the centre is made more interesting if you walk via the town hall and park/lake or take the half hourly number 11 bus from immediately outside the front door for 350 kroner (valid for about 90 minutes on all buses). Maps showing the town centre and bus routes are freely available but ensure you know which hotel to return to as there are 2 Radisson Blu hotels in Reykjavik.
The separate company managing the basement spa/fitness area let us down twice-once not opening within 15 minutes of it's scheduled 0700 opening time, when I had to get a tour bus at 0900 after a shower and breakfast and secondly when the fitness room was left untidy one evening with heavy weights left on the floor, not put away, in potentially dangerous positions in a well equiped but somewhat crowded space.
The staff were always friendly and helpful but not always knowledgeable about events in town, in our case classical music and jazz. Numerous free leaflets are available in reception.
Unfortunately there was nowhere at the hotel to sit outside in the sun if you are lucky enough to get warm sunshine,which we did. However I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank trevorg1uk

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback that you have shared about your stay in Radisson Blu Saga hotel. We both value and respect your kind comments.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stopped here in mid-July for 5 nights in a standard room. Overall impressions of the room are excellent - good size, clean, well presented and with a good view of the city airport and the hills beyond. Curtains were very thick and heavy in an attempt to bring darkness into the room at this time of year. The bathroom was modern and had complementary soaps, shampoos,etc. A definite plus were the tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Facilities in the hotel also include a bar, restaurant and reception snack area in addition to an Iceland tourist office (where trips and excursions can be arranged). The staff were friendly, efficient and very helpful. Maps and directions were readily provided, Flybus coach places booked and they even posted a postcard for me. The buffet breakfast is, without doubt, in my top 3 of the best ever. In addition to the usual fayre other items included cream cheeses flavoured with birch, moss and angelica; a variety of fruit and vegetable smoothies, several types of bread, numerous cheeses, fruits and crispbreads. A very big plus for us non-flesh eaters was the addition of vegetarian "meat style" balls in the hot food section (excellent with gratin potatoes and baked beans!). The only downside for some may be the location - the hotel is a 15 minute walk to the downtown area of Reykjavik. I would not let this put you off, the walk is pleasant, safe and does not go through any unpleasant areas. Our stay here was excellent and was good value.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Yorkshire-hiker

Dear guest
I appreciate the time you took to share your beautiful comments about Radisson Blu Saga Hotel. It is an honor for us to hear such nice words from you about our hotel and to know you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I'm a bit late reviewing this, but I haven't forgotten it. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed my stay here with a friend in February. Nice clean, comfortable rooms, friendly with efficient staff. (I'd also like to say, I've just come back from the USA and it's really made me appreciate European staff who do not passive/aggressively demand tips).
The food - the breakfast here is amazing - everything you could possibly want. We also ate in the bar - very good and we went for the 'fine dining' experience experience in the rooftop restaurant - again, highly recommended. I've travelled to many cities and this is one of the best hotels I've stayed in - and my friends and family would say that I've got high standards. There were also many ladies like me (middle aged and on a trip with friends) staying here and having a good time. Thanks for a great trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank CITYGIRL024

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This Hotel caters for (from my observation) the short stay tourist market and to that end it does a very good job, the rooms are clean, facilities are adequate and the staff are friendly, it has a spa on site and a noted restaurant, I did not eat there but spoke with people you did and they were complimentary. Breakfast buffet caters for all tastes and is well managed, would like to give it a higher rating (above average but not "very good") but I have to be consistent with my reviews, For a short term stay I would use it again.

Room Tip: Top floor has a smoking area outside which gives a very good panoramic view of Reykjavic
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank msg101

Dear guest

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again