“Great value for money”

Ranked #40 of 52 Hotels in Reykjavik
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. Staff were always helpful and cheerful. The food was excellent! The breakfast catered for every taste. Grains, fish, bacon, eggs,fruit, cheeses, range of milks, juices, smoothies, bread I could go on and on! Evening buffet was also decent and included soups, salads, cold meats, fish, Also, always at least two roast meats and fish to choose from for mains with a range of vegetables! Only crititism - air con too strong in the restaurant and food went cold quickly - plates should be warmed. Obviously you can see food very important to us! Room was clean and comfortable. Good 15 minutes walk to centre but would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We only had a shower in our room so check before you book if you would like a bath
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank callybird
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear guest
I appreciate the time you took to share your beautiful comments about Radisson Blu Saga Hotel. It is an honor for us to hear such nice words from you about our hotel and to know you enjoyed your stay.

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again
Isey Thorgrimsdottir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Worcs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at The Radisson Blu Saga for my birthday. The staff were all excellent, very friendly and helpful. The Sky Bar is a great place to look out across the city from. Lovely breakfasts with a fab choice of dishes and creative displays.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracgod
Dear guest,
Happy birthday, I hope you had a great time in Iceland. I appreciate the time you took to share your beautiful comments about Radisson Blu Saga Hotel.

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a certain charm. I thought it felt modern with a touch of 60s character, which is no bad thing. We stayed in a refurbished twin room which was big enough, with a huge window overlooking the city. At first sight the beds looked very narrow but actually they were very comfortable indeed and were made up or changed every day. The bathroom was fine - not luxurious but clean. I like the free wifi which was accessible everywhere in the hotel.
The breakfast buffet - included in our stay - was fantastic. There was a huge choice of options. I really liked the corn bread and the pancakes but you could be as healthy as you liked and still have lots of variety. The coffee was good, though the bespoke juices were a bit weird I thought. It was interesting to try them, though.
The bar snacks were fine - better on one day than the other... The top floor restaurant also looked great, though we spent our money on sight-seeing this time round.
The hotel itself is about 10 minutes out of town - it was a very scenic walk through the park or past some lovely houses down the road to the harbour. I preferred being a tiny bit out rather than right in the middle of things. For me it added to the peace and quiet of Iceland.
I really liked the Reykjavik - bleak but beautiful, with lots of snug watering holes to escape the Arctic blast. We also did the Golden Circle tour and the Blue Lagoon, both excellent, though both would have been cheaper by car and the roads are good. I would come back and do that next time.
I really rate Iceland, having never been north on holiday before. I didn't realise somewhere cold could be so colourful. If anything Britain looks drab by comparison at this time of year! I would go back and stay at the Saga again without hesitation.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank d28smair99
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this very nice review, I am so happy we met your expectations. We are very proud of our breakfast buffet.

We look forward welcoming you again soon
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have now stayed in this hotel a couple of times, and can honestly say that I find it a Very Nice Hotel. Not quite right in the centre of Reyjavik, but close enough to walk to every part of the City. The Décor in the hotel is a bit dated, but the helpfulness of the staff more than makes up for this. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to Iceland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul W
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear guest,
We are really happy to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and appreciate your recommendation. Thank you for a great review.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Got this hotel as part of an Iceland weekend package and was very happy with it.

It’s around a 15 minute walk into the town centre but that’s no real issue. There is nice bar onsite that does good burgers and fries for around a tenner, plus a happy (couple) hours between 4-6pm.

The breakfast buffet is excellent and has lots of choice, with smoked salmon too and fresh smoothies on the bar.

The only slight downside was being given a room with a double bed when I was clearly sharing with my father – the lady on reception gave a bit of unnecessary attitude when we asked for a twin room, angrily commenting that she wished the agents had specified this – they had – and that the hotel was full and we might have to make do with a double bed; it wasn’t full and we had no intention of ‘making do.’ It was resolved pretty quickly, but does mar the stay unfortunately.

Other than that, it seems like a good choice for those who are happy to be a short walk away from the town centre.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Paul H
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear guest
Thank you for your very nice review. I would like to apologize for your inconvenience upon check in,I can assure you that I have started an investigation as soon as I saw your comments and have taken precautions that similar issues do not happen again in the future.

I hope that this unfortunate experience has given you a wrong impression about the Hotel’s services and standards and I sincerely hope that the experience will not deter you from returning to one of our properties in the future.

We are looking forward to welcome you back

El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Saga recently for 5 nights and really enjoyed our time there. The room was very spacious, clean, and well-appointed - very comfortable after the day tours we took. All the staff was helpful and kind. It was a pleasure to deal with them. I especially appreciate the front desk gentleman who patiently answered all our questions, and we had a number of them. I plan to return to Iceland for another visit and will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank SWTraveler777
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed our services and your review is a great compliment to our staff. We are really happy to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and appreciate your recommendation.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked this hotel seeing the real mixed reviews on here but hoped for the best! We arrived and the first thing that annoyed me was the gentleman on reception who was very rude! There was no welcome, very blunt and I was bit impresses at all! The next thing was when we went to the room, an apparent 'Junior Suite' which was dated, tatty and the bathroom smelt of mould. Not to mention the fact that the double bed had two single covers?! Really not impressed with this hotel, it needs a bi makeover! Certainly not up to the standard of other Radissons!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write our feedback, I am sad to hear we did not met your expectations like we wish to do on every occasion. I assure that your comments are very valuable to us and will be taken very seriously without any delay.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to in the near future