“Iceland short break”

GreenLeadersGold level
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Iceland short break”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful, however breakfast on first morning no tables available had to take breakfast to bar area to eat, also the hot breakfast was cold every morning, needed to be up early to ensure a seat in the dining area.
Everything was very expensive that is food and drink always make sure you have lots of money with you.
Also coaches arrive early hours of morning ie 4.50 not turning off engines waking you up.

Room Tip: Room at the back of hotel so not to be woken up early hours with deliveries arriving or coaches arri...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shirleyjet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson Blu for business. Older hotel, guessing built in the 70's or older. Outside needs attention, rooms need updating. Bathroom is very small, shower is less than 30"x30". Room has a TV/Ironing board/coffee stand (no coffee pot/boiler) and room is so small that you can't open the press/ironing board. They have recently updated the elevators. Breakfast is good and the ladies there work very hard to make sure you are all set. during the week, the eggs are over cooked & cold, the potatoes are hard & not hot, barely warm. Weekend was much better (no fried eggs today though). Would be much better if they had a simple omelette bar. Room is clean, water is hot......what more can we ask?

Room Tip: do the lobby side....back side is the sunny side & with the long days here, less light is good...
1 Thank embassyworker
Boston, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Radisson Blu Saga. When we came to room was a beautiful surprise for us. We had heart with flowers on the bed. Also we had a perfect mountain view from our room.
The most of staff were helpful. I had just a small problem with one old icelandic lady ( I think supervisor) she didn't understand what I asked about. Also housekeepers were loud in the morning (4 Thai girls). But they are many nice staff who always help as and show us everything. I remember just a few names (Magnus, Osk, Miroslava, Erol...)
Walking distance of the city centre is around 15 min. around a beautiful lake with swans ;)
Close by hotel is the national museum of Iceland.
Rooms are clean just furniture is old. But I understand, hotel is 50 years.
Breakfast good.
If you want to come to Reykjavik, visit Radisson Blu Saga.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sophia W
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The customer service is really good, with front desk + excursions booking excelling...unfortunately the rooms are a little bit dated and with simpler furniture...also...the free wifi connection is not working properly...we had to keep the door to our room open to receive a signal in the rooms further from the main area. The breqkfast buffet is good with smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and all the usual items, but the grab to go breakfast is a joke...a bowl with apples and oranges, chocolate bars and tea/coffee, worst I have seen in a SAS Radisson. Generally I think the customer service was good, but there are too many glitches to make it a well run Radisson...for business...a good functioning wifi is really important and bothered me a a lot, I told the front desk about the problem..and they notfied me that an internet. E person from Denmark could call my room and work out the problem...too much hassle when it was obvious that the problem was not my devices (tried both mac, Ipad and phone and we were several persons with the same problem)....try the other one in the town centre is my tip. Nice gym though!

1 Thank travel_junkie_w_kids
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in early April on business. Th eoverall impressio is of a good hotel: clean, well-organised and with ample facilities. The rooms were as expected of this chain: comfortable, well equipped and perfectly adequate for working in. Although my room was not in an ideal condition - there were some marks on the walls and the furniture had seen better days - it was perfectly adequate. I understand the hotel is being renovated, hence the title of the review, so you may not have the same experience.

My breakfast was perfectly good and coffee was served quite promptly. Although I did not eat there in the evening, when I passed at about 9pm local time the restaurant downstairs was quite full and had a happy buzz: usually a sign that it is quite good.

There is a lot that is right about this hotel. The staff are unfailingly helpful, the rooms OK (even before renovation) and the public areas are magnificent. The one thing I hope doesn't change following renovation is the reception which is a marvel of Nordic design and local materials. Although the location is 20 minutes walk away from the centre of Reykjavik, don't be put off. It is not an arduous walk by any means - just come dressed for Icelandic weather!

I have to visit Reykjavik again soon and will happily book this hotel again. I would also consider this hotel if I were travelling on holiday.

Room Tip: Get a room looking towards Reykjavik - the scenery is amazing.
2 Thank Lewis-Graham
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your very nice comments about your stay and the hotel. It is a pleasure to hear you found our hotel staff excellent and It is refreshing to learn our service quality has met your expectations

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in this wonderful city and the Blu Saga was a great place to stay....good location for walking to the heart of the city, lovely views, friendly staff, clean and comfy rooms, and a nice breakfast. The front office staff were very helpful in arranging day tours for us. The area around the hotel was lovely, peaceful with some shops close by to pick up a snack or libation. And, the price was very easy on our pocketbook.

Room Tip: Do remember to close your blinds during the day when not in the room as that sun is bright and will...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jean P
Dear guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your beautiful comments about Radisson Blu Saga Hotel. It is an honor for us to hear such nice words from you about our hotel and to know you enjoyed your stay.

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at this Radisson. During our stay they were in the process of updating the rooms and the interior of the building. The staff was pleasant. They have an onsite tour person that can help you with all your needs. It takes at most 20 walking to get downtown. We were happy that we did not have a hotel down town because during the summer time the bars stay open late and there is partying going on. Its a good hotel. You will not be disappointed. From all the walking we did we believe this hotel is probably one of the better options because of its location and what it has to offer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adam080
RD_Saga, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your very nice comments about your stay and the hotel. I am happy to hear you like the location, its a plesant 10 min walk to town and on the way you pass the national museum of Iceland that has a great cafe.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.