“nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Island

Hotel Island
Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The hotel is not in the center of the city, but take a taxi and you are there in a few minutes.

When we arrived on April 3rd, we were received very hospitable. My compliments, that feels good after a long trip from Amsterdam airport! (many hotels could learn from this) The next morning, breakfast was more than OK. manager from the reception arranged a taxi for the evening, no questions asked. The next day however, an other manager on service, did not want to take a similar request in the morning, we should ask that in the evening again....... I did not get that, it is just a request from a guest........ Room was clean and neat. Last day, we had to leave at 04.30 hours, we couldn't have breakfast, but sandwiches, fruit and coffee was arranged for the early birds. My compliments for this.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 6, 2014

When you arrive at this hotel you may not think its in the best location, but it does appear that most of the hotels in Reykjavik are a little out of the way of the main parts of the city. It was around a 20 minute walk into the main part of town where we found some nice little restaurants and bars.

The hotel itself was very nice, good quality rooms and service, and one of the best breakfasts I have ever had in a hotel - a great range of foods, including freshly baked breads that you slice yourself.

We had a parking space which was very handy, and the staff at reception were friendly and helpful - I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone passing through the city (we stayed two nights).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chili4417
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Having recently just got back from Reykjavik I just wanted to write a brief review on this hotel.

Check in process was swift and efficient with room ready to check in to late morning. I was given a large dual aspect room (702) with an amazing view of the mountains right up on the top floor. The room was clean, warm, comfortable and had everything needed for a short stay (including room safe, fridge, tv and coffee making facilities). As with everywhere in Iceland hot water was plentiful and very hot and there was good pressure even being right at the top of the building. No complaints with regards to the room whatsoever!

Breakfast which was included was the standard breakfast that you seem to get anywhere in Europe - hot drinks, juices, bread and pastries, fruit, cheese, cold meat and hot items such as bacon, eggs and sausages. I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant in the evening or use the bar so couldn't possibly comment on these.

This hotel is a good base to use, a walk into the city centre takes around 25 minutes, but if you aren't into walking there are buses running frequently from the nearby 'Lagmuli' bus stop for a very reasonable 350Kr. There are also numerous local restaurants on the main road behind the hotel (my favourite being Brasserie Askur - a steak house catering for a wide range of tastes at "reasonable for Iceland" prices), just ask the hotel staff if you need directions.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Park Inn and would happily stay here again when visiting Reykjavik.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank chris3569
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the 3rd Floor in a big room with a view on the Reykjavik fjord. Besides 2 beds, there was a couch, sofa, desk and a fridge there was always hot water for our shower during our stay. The hotel has enough parking so did the city centre. Breakfast had enough choice of fresh products. No in-house dining restaurant during our stay but there were restaurants in the neighborhood. There is a shopping mall nearby, it is called Kringlan.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MKoNetherlands
Reviewed February 27, 2014

After arriving like two snow trolls coming back from a day trip, we where happy to be welcomed by friendly staff, spacious rooms and a big comfy bed.
If you came to Reykjavik for the daytrips and excursions I would advice this as the place to be, ok it's not in the centre of the buzz, but there's a great park with geothermal baths around the corner and the hotel itself is perfect for pick ups and such.
We stayed here during our last 3 nights and it was a perfect place to relax after a windy south coast adventure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angelique R
RD_Saga, Manager at Hotel Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review on our hotel . I think you made a really good summary about why this is the place to stay!.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope you will be back soon for another nice vacation.
With warm regards from the entire team,
Sigridur Ingvarsdottir
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ended our stay in Iceland with 3 nights at the Park Inn. We had a lovely large room with a view and very comfortable beds which was wonderful after a long day of winter adventures outside the city. We enjoyed the good service, warm and friendly staff who were very helpful and made us feel at home. We didn't discover the extensive and delicious breakfast until our last morning, unfortunately. We had a wonderful stay and intend to return!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank ameliev
RD_Saga, Manager at Hotel Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your excellent review on our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed the accomodation and the welcoming attitude of our staff. Also happy to hear that you liked the adventurous winter excursions, really worth experiencing. We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even better. On behalf of your Park Inn team in Iceland, Sigridur Ingvarsdottir Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We (family of 5) had an extremely spacious and comfortable double and triple rooms for four nights in February. I had originally wanted a city centre hotel which was full so I chose the Park Inn for equivalent cost to the hotel I originally wanted. I knew when I booked that it was not in the city centre (we managed to walk it in 25 minutes) so it was located where I expected. On arrival we were very pleasantly surprised at the room sizes which were spacious and very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was excellent (although the 'hot' food was luke warm rather than hot) and the reception staff were incredibly helpful. We might have been allocated superior rooms because we had coffee and tea making facilities and it was specified that these were only in superior rooms; however, I did not specifically book a superior room. There is supposed to be a nightclub next door but this seemed to be closed when we were there and the hotel is located in a very quiet area. We would be very happy to stay there again and are happy to recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RobertJE
RD_Saga, Manager at Hotel Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your nice and detailed review. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us and that the services met your expectation or even exceeded them.
You are right that you and your family stayed in superior rooms. They are the ones that are suitable for families as they are more spacious and have a sofa bed.
Again thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit!
With very best regards from the entire team,

Sigridur Ingvarsdottir