Fosshotel Lind
Hotel Klettur(Reykjavik)
  • Bar/Lounge
Fosshotel Baron(Reykjavik)
1,053 results
All reviewswaffle makerthe main shopping streetwet roomhot watermake your own wafflesbasic hotelbreakfast buffetbreadsulphur smellrooms are smallreception staffstayed here for nightsshops and restaurantsfresh fruithappy hourcold meatsquiet location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I satyed here for a week visiting firends before a weekend conference that was held at a community center. This was the hotel the conference recommended for out of town guests. The room rate of 30 euros per night was a steal and included breakfast which had a large selection but no bacon. The fresh waffles from the waffle iron were delicious. The hotel is right at the end of the main street so many of the city's shops and resyaurants were withtin walking distance but at least a couple of blocks away. The hotel offers high speed internet. The restaurant was closed on New Year's Eve so I had to try to find a restaurant on the main street before I went to a New Year's Eve party at a friend's house. The room was clean but there was not a lot of space to put my belongings. I put some of them on the second twin bed. The price was the best part.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Here for a 3 night short break on 10th Jan. Arrived airport 1030 in the morning. Arrivals duty free (in the baggage pick-up area, not the ones you may walk past en-route), good value for drinks. Pre-booked Bustravel for airport pick-up, took us to Blue Lagoon and then afterwards onto our hotel. Blue Lagoon fabulous, a must experience. May need help to understand locker locking system, check to make sure your locker is locked ! Plastic bags available on roller to put your wet things into after. BL is very well organised, we stayed around 2 hours. A quick, problem-free hotel check-in. Our room overlooked the hotel front & road, no problem with noise. Hotel quiet, not full. Room had enough space for the two of us, compact bathroom but OK. Everything clean, nice and warm. kettle provided and hot drink supplies. For more choice, there was also an automatic Coffee machine in hotel corridor (coins needed). Beds really comfortable, had good nights sleep. Cold tap water drinkable (nice taste). Hot water smelt of sulpher but was OK. Switch on wall outside Bathroom enabled the Hot water (discovered this fairly quickly when turned on cold shower). Fair Breakfast selection available of usual items (up to 10am). Hot food was beans, scrambled egg & mini sausages. Nice surprise was the Pancake/Waffle making machine, make your own, tasty! Happy with what was on offer for Breakfast. As hotel was not busy there was usually only one or two other couples in the Breakfast room. We did not use the Hotel dining room, just off reception, with a small bar. Happy hour was 4-7pm. Helpful reception - free map of Reykjavik available. Take a free 'Visitor's Guide' mini-book from the small table in Reception. Free to use PC just off Reception. The hotel is in a great location, near the main street Laugavegur. Across the road from the hotel and on the right is 3 restaurants nearby (we had a good 3-course meal in the Madonna restaurant). Turn left outside of the hotel to head for Laugavegur and it's many restaurants. Did some walking around Reykjavik. Had a hot dog near the harbour, tasted great! Took a bus ride, fixed price 350Kr, exact change needed for driver. Pre-booked a Golden CIrcle day tour by a mini-bus with Iceland Guided Tours- very enjoyable & memorable. Weather was a mixture - rain, overcast, snow but not too cold. Did not see Northern Lights so will have to come back again. Booked and paid for our hotel to airport bus, using Reception the night before departure. Reception gave us an Airport Express/Grayline voucher. We were picked up from the hotel and taken to a transfer area. We then had to change our voucher for a bus ticket and transfer our luggage from the small bus to a large bus for the trip to the airport. Could have done with a longer stay as plenty to see and do, also would improve your chance of seeing the NL.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phil02
Erna D, Manager at Fosshotel Lind, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review :)

We are happy to hear your kind comments.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again myself. Great location, very friendly reception staff. Receoptionists are very helpful. There was a guy who even spoke Russian which was nice:-)
Rooms are ok. They even have a teapot and a selection of green and black tea.Breakfast is very good.
Two things which could be improved: cleaning services (one day they did not clean my room at all and did not take away used towels Well, I've stayed there for New Year holidays, so maybe hotel was fully booked and that was the reason. but still...) and hotel's restaurant. I had only one dinner there but I wish I went to the town instead. Don't be lazy - nice eating places are just 5-10 mins walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review :)

We are happy to hear that you would recommend our hotel and that you liked our location.
We are also glad to hear that the reception staff was friendly and the breakfast very good.

I’m sorry to hear that you room did not get cleaned for one of the days that you stayed with us as we do have cleaning service every day.

For other reviewers, if you need extra towels or if there is some problems during your stay with us please don´t hesitate contacting the reception which is open 24 hour and we will try our very best to solve the problem. We are always happy to help and want you to have the best experience possible at our hotel.

Thank you so much for you kind comments.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Young Couple, 5 Nights over New Year 2012-13

Would really recommend this hotel and would defietely stay there again. The location was brilliant, really close to the main street and the harbour was only a ten minute walk. The staff were very helpful!! Especially Eilen on reception, she booked all our transfers, trips and resteraunt reservations for us, went out of her way to reorganise one of our trips when it got called off due to bad weather (making sure it didn't clash with any other actvities). Her tips on where to go to eat were also great.

The room is small but comfortable, beds extremely comfortable, bathroom small but clean. Shower sulphur (eggy) smell is something to get used to but made my hair feel thick and lovely! Must be something in the water. We had a double room, which was two twin beds pushed together, which worked for us being selfish duvet stealing sleepers, once they saw we were a couple they offered us a proper double so specify your preference beforehand.

For New Years Eve I would really recommend going to the big church on the hill in the city- It looks very impressive on its own but the fireworks and atmosphere were amazing. If your scared of fireworks, bangs ect though.. everyone brings them and sets them off all around you from the street so health and safety nuts maybe leave this one out but we thought it was brilliant!

Room Tip: We got a double room but it was two twins pushed together- although this worked for us as we are both selfish duvet stealers you should request a double if you want one, the hotel did offer us this choice once they saw we were a couple though.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Erna D, Manager at Fosshotel Lind, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review :)

We are happy to hear your kind comments.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here back in June 2012, and I was just looking for a decent but reasonably-priced hotel near the historic part of Reykjavik. The hotel exceeded my expectations. I flew to Iceland from the U.S., so I arrived at the hotel fairly early in the morning, but the staff got me into my room right away and encouraged me to enjoy the breakfast buffet, which was far and away better than breakfast buffets at comparable U.S. hotels. The room was small, but I wasn't there except to sleep. The staff was very helpful in setting up my bus trip back to the airport too. The main inconvenience was not having wi-fi available in the rooms, but otherwise I thought I got my money's worth.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review :)

We are happy to hear your kind comments and that the hotel exceeded your expectations.