“new year 2012-2013”

Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Reykjavik
Moscow, Russia
“new year 2012-2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again myself. Great location, very friendly reception staff. Receoptionists are very helpful. There was a guy who even spoke Russian which was nice:-)
Rooms are ok. They even have a teapot and a selection of green and black tea.Breakfast is very good.
Two things which could be improved: cleaning services (one day they did not clean my room at all and did not take away used towels Well, I've stayed there for New Year holidays, so maybe hotel was fully booked and that was the reason. but still...) and hotel's restaurant. I had only one dinner there but I wish I went to the town instead. Don't be lazy - nice eating places are just 5-10 mins walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review :)

We are happy to hear that you would recommend our hotel and that you liked our location.
We are also glad to hear that the reception staff was friendly and the breakfast very good.

I’m sorry to hear that you room did not get cleaned for one of the days that you stayed with us as we do have cleaning service every day.

For other reviewers, if you need extra towels or if there is some problems during your stay with us please don´t hesitate contacting the reception which is open 24 hour and we will try our very best to solve the problem. We are always happy to help and want you to have the best experience possible at our hotel.

Thank you so much for you kind comments.

We wish you a wonderful day and hope to see you again in Fosshótel Lind

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Young Couple, 5 Nights over New Year 2012-13

Would really recommend this hotel and would defietely stay there again. The location was brilliant, really close to the main street and the harbour was only a ten minute walk. The staff were very helpful!! Especially Eilen on reception, she booked all our transfers, trips and resteraunt reservations for us, went out of her way to reorganise one of our trips when it got called off due to bad weather (making sure it didn't clash with any other actvities). Her tips on where to go to eat were also great.

The room is small but comfortable, beds extremely comfortable, bathroom small but clean. Shower sulphur (eggy) smell is something to get used to but made my hair feel thick and lovely! Must be something in the water. We had a double room, which was two twin beds pushed together, which worked for us being selfish duvet stealing sleepers, once they saw we were a couple they offered us a proper double so specify your preference beforehand.

For New Years Eve I would really recommend going to the big church on the hill in the city- It looks very impressive on its own but the fireworks and atmosphere were amazing. If your scared of fireworks, bangs ect though.. everyone brings them and sets them off all around you from the street so health and safety nuts maybe leave this one out but we thought it was brilliant!

Room Tip: We got a double room but it was two twins pushed together- although this worked for us as we are bot...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Erna D, Manager at Fosshotel Lind, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review :)

We are happy to hear your kind comments.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here back in June 2012, and I was just looking for a decent but reasonably-priced hotel near the historic part of Reykjavik. The hotel exceeded my expectations. I flew to Iceland from the U.S., so I arrived at the hotel fairly early in the morning, but the staff got me into my room right away and encouraged me to enjoy the breakfast buffet, which was far and away better than breakfast buffets at comparable U.S. hotels. The room was small, but I wasn't there except to sleep. The staff was very helpful in setting up my bus trip back to the airport too. The main inconvenience was not having wi-fi available in the rooms, but otherwise I thought I got my money's worth.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Erna D, Manager at Fosshotel Lind, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review :)

We are happy to hear your kind comments and that the hotel exceeded your expectations.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Let's face it, you're probably going to stay here because you are on a bit of a budget and don't really expect a 5-, or even 4-, star hotel. Fosshotel Lind is a spartan hotel which will provide you with an adequate base to explore Reykjavik from, no more and no less. The hotel is only 4 floors tall, so it's not particularly busy, and when I was here a week and a half ago, there were only several other guests staying there (it was winter). The double room was small by even NYC hotel standards, and you may have a tough time finding space to place your luggage if you are sharing the room and have more than 2 carry-on sized bags each.

Technically the hotel is in the city center, but is about a 10 min walk to where the actual action is. The immediate vicinity of the hotel is quite quiet with not much going on, though there is a grocery store around the corner should you need any supplies.

The hotel provided free breakfast buffet, which was on the robust side after learning of other free breakfasts offered at other hotels. I wouldn't get too excited about this feature because after days of having the same food, you will probably be more keen on going out for some breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank gnowad
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

This and other Foss hotels, we stayed in, do not pretend to be more than 2 or 3 * hotels. They are simple and straight forward and ok for one night. Friendly staff, no problems. Foss hotels can be useful when touring through Iceland. Do not expect your suitcases to be delivered to your room. Lind is well located in the centre, Although we had a room at the street, we had no traffic noise as there was little traffic. Restaurants and shopping are one block away.

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank HarryDS
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review :)

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay , the location and our friendly staff.

To other reviewers, if you would prefer to have a room facing from the street the reception is happy to help you with your room choice when you book.

Thank you so much for you kind comments.

Hawes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Excellent value for money.Clean bedrooms and communal areas. Very comfortable beds. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. Nice bars and restaurants close by (go to Harrys for fish and chips). We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank WaveandtheFeegs
Graz, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in November 2012 having found it online. Two days after the non-refundable immediate payment reservation was made, and one day after payment was taken from my credit card, I received an email from the hotel telling me that they could not accept my credit card and I needed to provide another one.
I had a very similar issue in the Fosshotel Dalvik in Northern Iceland in 2011.
Fosshotel Lind did email me again later in the day to say 'the payment had now gone through', but the payment had actually been taken around 24 hours before the first email, so rather odd that they wanted further card details (in 2011 I was told the Dalvik branch of the chain had LOST my credit card details and i needed to provide them again, but I had forgotten this until I had issues again this time).
The hotel was clean and nice and very quiet although really close to the city centre. There is a public swimming pool close by and the reception staff were helpful in telling me how to reach it (although they did not know the opening times) and equally helpful when leaving luggage on the day we left.
The breakfast staff were less helpful - no coffee (as well as no bacon, no sausages and a few other things) at 09:15 when breakfast is served until 10:00 and no member of staff in sight. Everybody was drinking hot chocolate so we knocked on an unmarked door to discover 3 members of staff in a back room - two of whom immediately ran off. Not really the service one expects.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anglaisenautriche
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review :)

We are happy to hear that you liked the location of our hotel and that our reception staff were helpful.
I´m also glad to hear that the rooms were nice and clean.
I´m sorry to hear that there was a problem with the transaction of your prepaid booking. We do charge the credit cards for the prepaid offers as soon as the bookings arrive, if the credit card does not work for some reason we do contact our guest to see if they want us to proceed with the booking. I do assure other reviewers that we have a very good work ethics regarding online payments.
Thank you so much for you kind comments and we assure you that we will look into your points regarding the payment and the breakfast.