Castle House Luxury Apartments
$277
$245
$212
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $279/night.

Fosshotel Baron(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$204
$183
$194
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $248/night.

$303
$818
$784
$560
$505
All reviewsnational gallerygreat locationsmall kitchenliving roomapartment was cleanminute walkself cateringcity hallthe bushome away from homequiet neighborhoodown mealsstreet parkingbathroom floorheated floorsone bedroom apartmentgreat apartment
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great place to stay. You have a kitchen and everything you need in it, internet, cleaning service and it is close to the city center and many restaurants, shops and supermarkets. The room was very clean and had a sofa, fridge, stove and everything needed to cook. We had a great time.

Room Tip: Rooms outside at the garden are on ground floor and easier to get to
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great location next to a quaint old church and small lake. 5-10 minute walk into the main part of town. 10-15 minute walk to the old harbour if you book excursions. Apartment great - no reception or anything like a hotel - when we arrived we were dealt with remotely ie we buzzed and they opened the door remotely and have a camera in the small entrance hall where we left the case as we couldn't check in until 3pm - they would have let us in if there wasn't somebody in the apartment the night before. Free wifi. Big flat screen tv. Double bed. Small kitchen but had what we needed. All nicely decorated. Only thing missing is a safe. Apartment is cleaned daily. Reykjavik Excursions pick up and drop off from the apartment for excursions and airport pick up and drop off. Supermarket nearby. Would recommend for a couple. A lovely apartment.

Room Tip: No 10 Castle Apartments is on the ground floor and would recommend.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed July 11, 2013

These apartments are centrally located. Walking distance to some attractions and sightseeing ticket center. On a quiet street. You never meet the owner or manager. A key awaits you in an envelope as you enter the building. If you forget to remove the DO NOT DISTURB sign, somebody will leave a clean set of towels in a bag at your door.

Room Tip: We stayed in apartment 40. You climb a few steps to get to it. Not extraordinary but very comfortable. Kitchen has all the gadgets you need. 24 hour 7/11 mart equivalent all night three blocks away.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After the great reviews I happily booked to stay here for 2 nights, and I was not disappointed.

After a busy schedule it was lovely to relax in apartment 20, it was home from home. Apart from nipping to the shop for groceries we decided to spend our last day relaxing in the apartment. Unfortunately it was raining so we did not sit out on the balcony but it was lovely to watch the ducks from the window on the pond.

I called the owners as we were heading from akureryi to reykjavik informing them that we would be arriving very late. This was no issue, the lady told us exactly what to do. Your booking email clearly explains which street you need depending on the apartment your staying in. We parked right outside and the charges 10 til 6 weekdays is so cheap it's not a concern 80 isk per hour for first two hours and 20 krona thereafter. You press the call buzzer on the door and they buzz you in remotely and your keys are in a clearly labelled envelope. I loved how they call shortly after you arrive to see if everything is to your liking. For those located in the castle house apartments, jut go down to the bottom of skalholtsstiggur and the apartments are behind the beautiful green and white church that you can see from the pond, you cannot miss them as they castle shaped turrets, the entrance is set back of the street behind the church and adjacent to listafn island the national museum of art, you will see a lit sign next to the setback entrance. It did not take us long to find at all.

They really really care that your stay is enjoyable and they go out of their wAy to ensure you understand how everything works with a great guide. We liked the remote service there if you need it but otherwise totally uninvasive. We did not need our apartment cleaning as we landed so late, but they still left clean towels etc in a lovely paper bag next to the door.

The apartment was absolutely sparkling clean, had candles you can light, slippers, free tea and coffee and wifi, satellite tv was a bonus, and a free phone for iceland numbers, flowers on the table,

The water did not appear sulphury to me as it had in other places. It was great that they have an iron and ironing board and a kettle as lot of other places have only a percolator this apartment has both and a toaster.

The only suggestion I have would be for milk to be in the fridge so that folk can make a cup of tea/coffee on arrival, if they arrive very late, however even this is a small suggestion as there was a sachet of creamer I was able to use with the coffee

It's close to all amenities, perfect location and quiet with exception of infrequent planes which fly low nearby which my husband loved taking photos off and I have to admit I liked looking at these small planes, I really would recommend staying here if I'm ever back in Reykjavik guess where I'm staying that's right back here, I leave tomorrow and I'm so comfortable in this apartment I'm sad to leave as is my husband

Well done and thank you from Dr Collister-Bartlett

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The first and last nights of our stay in Iceland were at Castle House. The apartments are clean, fully equipped, and convenient for walks in the middle of Reykjavik: right next door to the national art gallery, and about 2 blocks from the Parliament (Althing) and City Hall. The apartment for the second night was very small, but sufficient to fit us. For the first night we were upgraded to #20, one of two apartments with a view of the lake and the city, with much more space and even a balcony. Our only complaint was that our contacts with the management were all by telephone, and that did not allow for them to help us get connected to their WiFi for the first night, or most of the TV stations listed for both nights. The phone connections on the first day were mostly unintelligible, which was very frustrating.

Room Tip: ## 20 and 30 have the best views, most space, and highest price. ##50, 60, 61 and 62 are on the ground level.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank roadtrekker
IcelanderReykjavik, Manager at Castle House Luxury Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your review and our exchange of emails. And thank you for your comments about our apartments  Our reception is in the small office in the back and we meet most of our guests on arrival. We have also set up a system of quick check-in even if we are tending to other apartments so you never have to wait and can check straight in.
We also have 24/7 service for hellp and advise.
You have told me that on the day of arrival you phoned several times to check if you coud check in early but we were unable to confirm this. Our check out time is 12 noon and then we need to clean the apartments and get them ready for arriving guest so our check in time is at 3 pm. If guests check out early we try to give our arriving guests free early check in. Sorry this was not possible on this occation.
When you did check in we let you in via the door phone but everything was ready for you and you could go straight to the apartment and we called you on the apartment phone to make sure everyting was to yoru satisfaction.
The apartments have satellite TV with around 60 English channels plus the handful of Icelandic channels. As explained in the guide in the apartment one remote turns on the TV and the second, marked sattellite, turns on the sattelite TV. I am sorry you could not get this to work and apologize that we did not come to the apartment to help you with this and finding the WiFi signal. Our member off staff clearly made a mistake simply telling you both were working. You should have called again to complain but I understand this is our fault and will make sure our member of staff understands this.
I do hope you stay with us on your next visit. Please let me know in advance and I will make sure you get a discount as well as our normal service which people say is just great.