“Good company, but here are some tips to make your trip smoother” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nordic Visitor Tours - Day Tours

Nordic Visitor Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #27 of 329 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Reykjavik, Iceland since 2002, Nordic Visitor offers wide range of excursions, from wilderness adventures to culture-focused city tours. Our selection of guided small group tours, privately-guided tours and self-guided tours are handpicked by our own local travel experts.
Los Angeles, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Good company, but here are some tips to make your trip smoother”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I booked two trips through Nordic Visitor, and both of them were really nice, for the most part. One was the south coast + glacier lagoon and the other one was Landmannalaugar, with the bus.

1. When they send you the email confirmation of the booking with the vouchers, this is what it states: "Please notice that you must print out the vouchers and present them to the operator for each pick-up."
So I printed the voucher and presented to what I thought was the operator. I was picked up at a hotel, the driver didn't want my voucher, but didn't say anything else. Then, I was about to board my actual tour bus, and the tour guide refused to take my voucher and told me he needed a ticket. That's it, no helpful guidance, just that he needed a ticket. So I had to ask him where I would get a ticket, and I ended up having to walk back to the office to exchange it for an actual ticket. This made me lose first choice for seats and caused quite some annoyance during the 14hr+ trip :/ I know you can't choose your fellow passengers (kids who will not stop talking, seat mate overextending, sometimes into my face and keep accidentally touching me), but that's why I like to board first. Anyway. The girl in the office instead of apologizing for the confusion, stated to me that what I had was a voucher and not a ticket. No kiddin'. It would be super helpful if your emails would explain what the procedure is and / or the pickup drivers advise about this. Oh and a bit of courtesy goes a long way. There are plenty of other tour operators to choose from. This is likely not your fault entirely, as I had to deal with the company directly that *you* contracted.

2. When food is not included in the price, you're at the mercy of road side cafes and gas stations and you gotta order and eat quickly, especially when the 30 other people on the bus is trying to do the same thing, including use the restrooms... and 2 other tour busses just stopped by. Suggestion: pack your food and bring it with you. It stays cold enough on the bus.
It would be helpful is the tour companies listed some sort of idea of what to expect, ahead of time, but it's doable. You could also call ahead and get some details, and they may able to provide it for you.

3. No restrooms on the bus (at least not the ones I took). So yeah, keep that in mind. They are nice enough to list all the breaks that are coming up, so you can so some 'planning', hehe.

So yeah, all in all, good experience, the drivers were nice, and the programs were good.

Visited July 2013
nordicvisitor, Director of Sales at Nordic Visitor Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hi Andrea_Traveller,
Thank you for booking your day tours through us and for taking the time to write about your experience in detail. You certainly bring up some valid points for us to consider in terms of how we can improve the flow of information to our clients.

Although we recently made improvements to our vouchers, it is becoming clear to us that for certain day tours, we still need to provide more precise details such as where specifically to exchange vouchers and what to expect with bathrooms and food breaks in the Icelandic countryside.

Unfortunately most tour buses, vans and jeeps are not equipped with a WC and the food/bathroom breaks at service stations or country cafes are kept to a tight schedule so that passengers can be returned to Reykjavik at a reasonable time. We also advise bringing snacks on long trips, and I can see that it would be useful to include this information in our future communications to clients.

I do also apologize on behalf of the tour operator for the confusion at the departure point. I am sorry that their staff was not as helpful in this case as they could have been.

Again, I thank you for sharing your thoughts here, and I am glad to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your time on your excursions in South Iceland.

Best regards,
Þórlaug Sæmundsdóttir
Director of Sales
Nordic Visitor

McLean, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you Alexandra and Nordic Visitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Together with Alexandra at Nordic Visitor, we planned a 10-day trip around Iceland. From the very first contact, Alexandra was extremely helpful and creative in responding to our wishes. The entire (interactive) planning process ran very smoothly. All the information sent to us (by regular mail and email) before the start of the trip was very informative. From the moment we landed in Iceland, everything was again very well organized. The Road Atlas that the company provides is a great asset. Hotels and guesthouses were of high quality and everywhere we went, the food was great. The pre-booked excursions were very well-organized too! In general, we noticed that Nordic Visitor has an excellent network of hotels and guesthouses, and of companies for local excursions (glacier hike, whale watching, where, by the way, we got a great show by one whale). Thank you Alexandra and thank you Nordic Visitor. You are a great company to work with. Too bad Nordic Visitor has no control over the Icelandic weather..... that should be your next objective!
Pat and Marc

1 Thank Marc Q
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Alexandra at Nordic Visitor is amazing! A++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am generally accustomed to making my own travel arrangements via the internet, but due to time constraints I decided to choose a travel agent to take care of things for me. From the first questions to the last, Alexandra at NV was fantastic. She arranged everything as we requested it for our custom tour of the Westfjords of Iceland! She even rearranged accommodations at the last minute at our request and did so graciously and kindly.

We fell in love with Iceland and will treasure our visit there for years to come. If we decided to visit another country serviced by Nordic Visitor Tours, we will once again call on Alex and her team! Can't go wrong!

1 Thank bethg921
Virginia, USA
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nordic Visitor was incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

While I was excited about visiting Iceland with my family (2 adults and 2 20-something sons), I knew that I was not going to have the time to plan my trip due to my busy spring work schedule. Nordic Visitor made the trip so easy and took care of everything from cars, to hotels and even booking some activities upfront. Upon arrival, we received a beautifully bound personalized itinerary and map marked with a suggested route. Since it was my first visit to Iceland, I followed many of their suggestions on places to visit, have dinner or do extra activities and was not disappointed. I worked with Lárus as my consultant and even though we booked the Full Circle Tour relatively late, he came through with great accommodations that varied from a rustic guesthouse on a working farm to a brand new luxury guesthouse. He went on vacation the two weeks prior to our trip, but introduced me to a colleague who was super helpful in putting together some last minute details. If there is any minor criticism I would have it would be that one of the days involved a particularly long drive and felt a big rushed.

Because of my delightful experience with Nordic Visitor, I will most definitely use them again. Scandinavia is on my bucket list and I am looking forward to visiting these locations with their help!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank 1parislover
Albuquerque, New Mexico
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“12 Days Around Iceland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Nordic Visitor took care of ALL of the details for us. The only thing we needed to arrange was our airfare to/from Reykjavik! Alexandra did all the rest. Nordic Visitor provides a car, maps, cell phone, and detailed itinerary for the drive-around vacations. Our hotels were arranged at each stop; each evening was a pleasant surprise. We stayed in city hotels, country cabins, historic building B&Bs, and newly constructed hotels. We had detailed maps to get where we needed to go, AND details about other places in case we wished to digress from our route to see more of this amazing country. We tacked on a few days at the end in Reykjavik, and had the chance to soak in the Blue Lagoon for a day, as well as see "How To Become Icelandic In 60 Minutes" at The HARPA (gorgeous national performing space on the harbor in Reykjavik). All in all, a marvelous 12 days! Thanks, Nordic Visitor, and Alexandra!

1 Thank Karen B