“Greenland's Wild West”

Nordic Visitor Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #21 of 364 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Reykjavik, Iceland since 2002, Nordic Visitor offers wide range of excursions, from wilderness adventures to culture-focused city tours. Our selection of guided small group tours, privately-guided tours and self-guided tours are handpicked by our own local travel experts.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We booked the 5 day, 4 night Greenland's wild west tour for mid-March 2013. Alexandra, our contact at Nordic Visitor, was incredibly helpful throughout the booking process and provided great information. Our trip to Ilulissat, Greenland and all activities and accommodations while there went off without a hitch and was an amazing experience we will never forget. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was my favorite day in Iceland! I took the Natural Magic Tour. The flight out from Reykavik was easy to get to (a short walk from my hotel) and a wonderful short flight. Picked up by my guide Tifican, who was a local to the area. The day was spent not only seeing the highlights of the area, but also hearing about all of the local customs, culture, and way of life for typical Icelandic citizens. This part of Iceland is beautiful and should not be missed!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

In planning our trip to Iceland we were unsure where to stay, how to get around and how to see Iceland. We searched Iceland Tours and many companies came up; so we read some reviews and most were favorable for all the companies. We then searched a few of their websites and found the Nordic Visitor's website was clear, concise, had many tour options to offer and all the reviews were positive, so we decided to book our trip with them. From that point every detail was handled by Nordic Visitor, we received email confirmations for airport pick-up, hotel and tours. Then a bad snow storm hit Boston and we had to make a change in our travel dates. We anticipated that we would lose money and pay a few but much to our surprise, Nordic Visitor was able to change our travel dates, find us a comparable hotel near the city and rearrange every detail of our trip. Once we arrived in Iceland, our trip was flawless, every pick-up, tour and detail went just as it was planned. What a fantastic trip, thank you Nordic Visitor!

3  Thank jkabj
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I normally organize my own travel because I like to be in control and take joy in planning my trips. However, after doing some internet research, I thought it would be easier to get professionals to organise my trip to arctic Norway since there are many companies offering the various activities I wanted to try. I found Nordic Visitor through Google. Although I was sceptical about having my trip of a life time organised by a company on the other side of the world, I emailed Nordic Visitor for an initial enquiry on their tours. One of their travel consultants, Kolbrún, responded my email and we began a five month email correspondence! There wasn’t a tour on their website that included all the things I wanted to do. Kolbrún was able to mix and match their existing tours to tailor to what I want. Whenever I have a question, she would respond within no more than 2 days (most of the time just overnight).

My trip of a life time turned out to be great! The hotels and day tour activities were all good. The only lowlight was the northern lights chase tour offered by an unethical company. After I returned home, I complained to Kolbrún about the company. I wanted Nordic Visitor to be aware of it so that future customers will not have to experience what I had experienced. Kolbrún responded the next day telling me that they take their customers’ complaints very seriously. Nordic Visitor also refunded me the cost of that tour, which I did not expect.

I am very happy with the service provided by Kolbrún and Nordic Visitor. I will not give up until I see the aurora. Hopefully, in the near future, I can get Nordic Visitor to help me plan a trip to Iceland to try my luck there.

4  Thank Nashi_Devil
nordicvisitor, Owner at Nordic Visitor Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Hi,
Thanks for writing about your experience with us! I'd also like to thank you again for giving timely and thorough feedback to your travel consultant about your northern lights excursion.

Through customer surveys, routine site inspections and close communications with our suppliers, we strive to ensure that all services in our tours meet the highest standards of quality. And if something isn't up to par, we certainly appreciate hearing about it straight away so we can take appropriate action.

Thanks again for travelling with us, and we look forward to assisting with your future travel plans in Iceland!

Best regards,
Ásberg Jónsson
CEO, Nordic Visitor

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My father and I used Nordic Visitor to book our February father/daughter trip to Iceland. These guys were great! They let us customize our own package, allowed to to make scheduling changes at the last minute and were concerned with customer service every step of the way.

Larus helped us with our rather complicated arrangements just three weeks before we left and I was nervous. However, all was well as they allowed us to take a package and shave off part of the guided tours and rent a car to drive further south, instead. They booked for us nice hotel rooms along the way and for the most part were reachable whenever we needed them

Out trip to Iceland was great and I have Nordic Visitor to thank for the hassle-free vacation.

3  Thank VapidParagon