“Nordic Awesome”

Nordic Visitor Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #29 of 343 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Reykjavik, Iceland since 2002, Nordic Visitor offers wide range of excursions, from wilderness adventures to culture-focused city tours. Our selection of guided small group tours, privately-guided tours and self-guided tours are handpicked by our own local travel experts.
North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nordic Awesome”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My father and I used Nordic Visitor to book our February father/daughter trip to Iceland. These guys were great! They let us customize our own package, allowed to to make scheduling changes at the last minute and were concerned with customer service every step of the way.

Larus helped us with our rather complicated arrangements just three weeks before we left and I was nervous. However, all was well as they allowed us to take a package and shave off part of the guided tours and rent a car to drive further south, instead. They booked for us nice hotel rooms along the way and for the most part were reachable whenever we needed them

Out trip to Iceland was great and I have Nordic Visitor to thank for the hassle-free vacation.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank VapidParagon

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unbelievable trip to Iceland”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

From the word go Larus at Nordic Visitor helped us plan our holiday perfectly, and enjoy it to the maximum. We wanted a 5-6 day trip taking in some superjeep experiences both from Reykjavik and up in the north around Akureyri as we didn't want large coach groups or anything too touristy. The Superjeep trip to the Eyjafjallajokull Glacier and black sand beaches south of the island was phenomenal, and as the other couple in the jeep had booked to do a glacier hike, the guide asked if we minded combining the two trips which would prolong the day by a couple of hours which we were all thrilled about, and boy was it a great decision! Despite rain the six of us did the glacier hike which was amazing fun! An arctic char lunch followed by bouncing up and down sand dunes on the black sand beaches was excellent.
Up in Akureyri we were booked in to Hotel Kea which was lovely, and this was a good job as we ended up having to stay an extra night due to a snow blizzard which closed Akureyri airport... apparently they had not had snow all winter, but this more than made up for it as I've never seen snow like it! Our day trip to Myvatn (courtesy of Saga tours) was the highlight of our trip and picked perfectly for us by Nordic Visitor... the weather was beautiful - crisp but with sunshine - and our guide Sigi (who was the star of our whole holiday) took our jeep 'skating' on a frozen lake with us still inside it which was hilarious fun, before going off road round lava fields and up the side of an enormous crater amongst other things. Finally, the part of our holiday we had been waiting for: Jarbodin Nature Baths. These geothermal pools were stunning. With a little snow falling, perfect blue sunshine, and snow capped mountains as a view, my friend and I had the most lovely soak in the warm water, almost in splendid isolation. Nothing like the crowds at The Blue Lagoon which we had heard from some people to avoid in favour of Jarbodin. And they were right - this was one of life's utterly magical experiences which I am desperate to do again.

I wanted to give Nordic Visitor 5/5m, and the only reason I didn't was the following: as I mentioned, a snow blizzard meant that our internal flights back to Reykjavik had to be postponed until the following day when conditions improved. In doing this, we had to fork out for not only another night's accommodation but also had to change our flights back to London as the delay meant we would miss them. Whilst Larus was an absolute star in keeping us informed about the conditions at Akureyri airport (and we are more grateful for this than we could even begin to explain), and even spoke to our international flight providers on our behalf when Nordic had had nothing to do with our flight bookings, all of these changes were at our own cost and nothing was covered by Nordic's insurance. This is only a small complaint, as I realize that the weather is an 'act of God' and hardly their fault, but other travellers at our hotel who were experiencing the same delays and costly knock-on effects were being financially compensated by their tour companies which was a bit gutting as we weren't.

But I would go with Nordic Visitor again in a split second as this really was the holiday of a life time, and Larus provided an absolute first class service. All our questions prior to travelling were responded to swiftly, sometimes the same day, and always with the exact information we required. Many thanks again!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sarah C
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Short But Very Sweet”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

After planning to fly to Iceland from Australia for just a week, I was feeling a little extravagant. This feeling was reinforced by another Australian during the week, who proclaimed it "excessive"!

Well, excessive it may have been, but worth every cent!

The organisation by Nordic Visitor, not only enhanced the enjoyment of a wonderful visit to an extrordinary part of the world, but was an inspiration to observe. Having had a background in management in my working life, I still get a buzz from highly effective organization when I come accross it.
From the comprehensive welcome pack on the seat of the taxi, which was waiting for me at the airport and presented proudly by the driver, to the hotel, which was exactly what I had ordered and expected and to each element of my programme. It was all superbly conceived and delivered.
I loved Iceland, the Northern Lights ( 8 out of 9"!), the Blue Lagoon and the Icy North out of Akureyri, ( taking off and landing into and out of the fjord was amazing.
I will certainly use Nordic Visitor again, for any future trip to Scandanavia.
Thank you Thordis and your team. The incredible Northern Lights, may have been 8 out of 9, but you and the team were 15 out of 10!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Mendactin
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Christmas spent in Wonderland”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

From the moment I found them on the net, until I left Finland, the staff at Nordic Visitor did everything they could to make my Christmas trip to visit Santa in Lapland, a trip of a lifetime. Each and every person I had an dealings with, was highly professional and extremely friendly, making it an easy trip and so incredibly enjoyable. The christmas tour was fit with reindeer sleigh rides, husky rides, arctic animals, a visit to Santa, christmas presents and feats and wonderful friends made. Such a fantastic experience and a great company.

Visited December 2012
Brisbane, Australia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Excellence and organisation in a neat package.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Iceland in Oct/Nov 2012 and did not hesitate to enlist the services of Nordic Visitor, you see two years earlier we were introduced to this superb company when we did a two week driving tour of Norway. That was such a success that we felt confident our good experience would be repeated, it was! Our Iceland 10 night self drive was all and more we could have hoped for. Now, let me add on both trips we had already completed 6 weeks in Europe under our own steam and fully independent. It is a relief to hand the reins to these local experts. Even though I believe the planning is half the fun, the folk at NV organise a diverse and fun filled tour with all the major highlights included.At every stage of the booking you are well looked after, emails answered so promptly and hard copies aswell as electronic copiues of all vouchers,maps, information etc. They also provide a mobile phone with all important numbers in and enough credit for any calls back to the office should you need help, also 24 hour assistance.This trip however, their skills were really tested as we ended up snow bound by unseasonally bad weather on the East coast for 3 nights which meant once we were able to get back on the road, we had to back track and not complete the circuit . One phone call was all it took for our reliable consultant to reorganise,rebook and reshuffle our trip. I feel this would have been stressful had I had to do it all. So we are determined to return to Iceland one day to catch what we missed. WE will definitely use the services of Nordic Visitor for this or any other Scandinavian adventure.

Visited November 2012