“Perfect travel planner”

Nordic Visitor Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #27 of 338 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Reykjavik, Iceland since 2002, Nordic Visitor offers wide range of excursions, from wilderness adventures to culture-focused city tours. Our selection of guided small group tours, privately-guided tours and self-guided tours are handpicked by our own local travel experts.
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Perfect travel planner”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've used Nordic Visitor for two self-drive vacations now. The first, Iceland Full Circle in June 2011 was so enjoyable that I used them again this June to travel through Scandinavia. For Iceland, I followed their set itinerary, but in Scandinavia I asked them to customize their Highlights of Scandinavia tour to add stops or extra days at some locations. Although all communication took place via email, I felt that an actual person was helping to plan my trip. For both vacations, Nordic Visitor responded to my every request and provided everything they promised. We were picked up at the airport on arrival, our rental cars were excellent, the cities/towns where we stayed all had something to interest us, and our hotels were well-located -- ranging in quality from adequate to outstanding. I'd definitely use them again if I travel to the countries where they operate.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank SanJay235

Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Your Friend in ICELAND!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Even though we travel to Europe at least a couple of times a year and do it indepently (find our own accomodation, etc.), Iceland was different for us. Iceland's reputation of being very expensive concerned us too.
We pinpointed the potential travel time as early September (2012), during the summer, we started to search more intensely. Tried to compare and understand the kinds and details of services offered by a number of different operators.
Self-drive tours appealed to us since we would be still independent but especially accommodations would be arranged for us. Small towns with potentially limited accomodations and the distance in between did not give a comfort level for arranging our own accomodations.
Secondly, we thought a local & reputable company would have certain standards and make arrangements for B/B and hotels accordingly.
Seeing that they are experts in Scandinavian/Nordic travel, decided to contact Nordic Visitor. Also the coverage and duration of their tours appealed to us. After exchanging a few e-mails with some questions, which were promptly answered, decided to phone them directly to expedite the process. The phone response was efficient (Manuella), friendly, informative and spoke to the quality of the service we may potentially be getting from this agency. Due to being 6 hour behind Iceland (Western Canada) some of the phone calls coincided with the end of the work day in Iceland but Manuella did not mind and give as much info. as we needed to make an educated decision even though she ended up staying late in the office. Our choice was made and it was the FULL CIRCLE tour of Iceland. We chose the budget accommodations and the economy car options. It was within our budget and was going to give a fairly good view of Iceland.
We decided to fly to Reykjavik first and spend four days there. Manuella confirmed that upon our arrival, if we contact Nordic Visitor right away, the travel arrangements would be done in a couple of days.
We did so and the day before our tour of Iceland Nordic visitor provided us the entire information package for our tour (in an environmentally friendly paper bag!). It included;
A detailed map showing the route we were going to follow, nightly accommodation spots, highlights of potential/recommended sightseeing spots were all on the map.
Also availability of gas stations throughout our route was clearly indicated on the map and was of great value.
A detailed description of each recommended sightseeing location was given in a booklet. And of course, vouchers for the nightly accomm. were included.
In addition, a cell phone (with about 1 hr calling time) was included. The Nordic Visitor's 24/7 phone number was clearly shown.
In addition, a hard cover Iceland Road Guide was in the package.
Manuella assured us that we could phone her or Nordic Visitor directly for any questions and concerns or troubles during our tour.
Given that the north was already having some snow Manuella made sure that our car was going to be equipped with winter tires (which we appreciated a lot at some northern sections-even on Hwy#1).

CONCLUSION:
After all the details above we want to say that the service provided by NORDIC VISITOR was excellent. We felt, even in remote areas of Iceland, we had somebody ready to help us, if we needed. The arranged accommodations were quite satisfactory. Even though the shared bathroom (shower/WC) was our choice, the facilities were clean and ample. As a surprise the last night's accomm. had private bath and wc. Recommended sights were quite popular ones and instead of searching guide books they were compiled for us. The car rental co. Nordic Visitor arranged the car rental from was Dollar-Thrifty and we were very pleased with their service.
One final point is that we felt that we got good service everywhere especially because we were Nordic Visitor customers and/or Nordic Visitor screens the establishments to meet certain criteria both in amenities and service.
All in all we are very pleased and are already considering using their services in the future for our travels in Scandinavia.

Visited September 2012
6 Thank qualityvsquantity
Haarlem, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The perfect way to discover one of the last unspoiled countries in Europe!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

For several years now Iceland has been on the top of our travelling plans. We set ourselves quite an ambitious task, also considering that we were travelling with our 4 year old son.
We decided to do the full circle tour around the island in just over 2 weeks and I have to say we were not at all disappointed.
Not only did the island exceed our expectations, but also the quality of the organisation was excellent. The choice of hotels was carefully made by our travel agent to ensure our son would have plenty to do, while not compromising on the highlights. All the activities were also well planned and the information provided by our travel agent was accurate, detailed and useful.
The agency was also very quick in action when required. Mid way through our stay we decided to prolong our trip and with the help of Nordic Visitor it was possible to arrange it, despite all the full booked hotels in the high season.
All in all, a great country to explore and great to have Nordic Visitor facilitating the process!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank orlandojlferreira
Fredericton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour of Iceland”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My 7 year old son and I thoroughly enjoyed a self drive family tour on the Ring Road right around Iceland in July 2012. We highly recommend the service provided by Nordic Visitor who provided excellent front end service by email as my son and I worked with their staff to construct a customized version of the trip. Maria at the Reykjavik office provided quick and thorough responses to our many questions. She constructed a 12 day vacation that was a trip of a lifetime for us. She made sure that we stayed in kid friendly lodging that provided unique and interesting glimpses of Icelandic life in small guest houses and farm stays. Airport pickup and drop off as well as car rental were worry free and exceeded expectations. Excellent information and maps allowed us to plan our days easily and see Iceland as we wanted to see it. All of the included tours and attractions were thoroughly enjoyable.

We received excellent value by booking with Nordic Visitor. I believe we had a much better vacation using their services and I believe we probably saved some money by packaging while receiving the many benefits of having a local expert help build our trip. I am convinced that they made sure that we had the most interesting places to stay in beautiful places and the best tour operators. The trip was extremely well organized while providing us with the flexibility to do things that my son and I enjoy.

What a fantastic trip! My son is now a confirmed travel junky like his dad!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank StJFamily
Phoenix, Arizona
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Fantastic Company - We loved our Trip”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I work in the travel industry and usually plan all my vacations myself via online research and experience. For my recent honeymoon my wife and I wanted to visit the Scandinavian countries and chose a tour on the Nordic Visitor website and then worked with Cecilia to customize it to our needs. WHile I tried to plan this trip myself, once I started working with Nordic Visitor I just gave up and let them handle everything as they were so good at it. They also got better prices that I could manage on my own so I got a perfectly organized trip and then it cost me less that I expected!

We flew into Stockholm and they had a driver meet us at the airport and take us to our hotel (we could have taken the train but preferred with all our bags to have a car). Our driver was great, even after she dropped us off she came into the hotel until we were checked in and made sure we had our welcome packet from Nordic Visitor.

For our trip we upgraded to stay in nicer hotels (well worth the money). Every hotel they got us was great, right in the city center so we could walk everywhere and they all included wifi and breakfast which at all 3 hotels was a 5-star buffet.

From Stockholm we took a train to Copenhagen, Denmark, from there an overnight cruise to Oslo, Norway (upgraded on the ship and again, it was well worth it, great cabin, free wifi, free drinks and snacks in the VIP lounge). While in Oslo we stayed at the grand Hotel, which is the most renowned hotel in the city.

From Oslo we took a train back to Stockholm (we had Nordic upgrade us on all trains to 1st class. A minimal fee but again well worth it).

Communication was great, every time I had a questions Cecilia or someone from their team answered straight away. I highly recommend Nordic Visitor to anyone who is looking to take a vacation in Scandinavia. They were fantastic and made our travels so much easier. if I was to go back again (would love to do Finland and Iceland next) I wouldn't even look anywhere else but would go straight to their website and book my trip.

You will not go wrong using these guys!

Visited September 2012