“Excellent Tour of Iceland”

Nordic Visitor Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #33 of 344 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Reykjavik, Iceland since 2002, Nordic Visitor offers wide range of excursions, from wilderness adventures to culture-focused city tours. Our selection of guided small group tours, privately-guided tours and self-guided tours are handpicked by our own local travel experts.
Fredericton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour of Iceland”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My 7 year old son and I thoroughly enjoyed a self drive family tour on the Ring Road right around Iceland in July 2012. We highly recommend the service provided by Nordic Visitor who provided excellent front end service by email as my son and I worked with their staff to construct a customized version of the trip. Maria at the Reykjavik office provided quick and thorough responses to our many questions. She constructed a 12 day vacation that was a trip of a lifetime for us. She made sure that we stayed in kid friendly lodging that provided unique and interesting glimpses of Icelandic life in small guest houses and farm stays. Airport pickup and drop off as well as car rental were worry free and exceeded expectations. Excellent information and maps allowed us to plan our days easily and see Iceland as we wanted to see it. All of the included tours and attractions were thoroughly enjoyable.

We received excellent value by booking with Nordic Visitor. I believe we had a much better vacation using their services and I believe we probably saved some money by packaging while receiving the many benefits of having a local expert help build our trip. I am convinced that they made sure that we had the most interesting places to stay in beautiful places and the best tour operators. The trip was extremely well organized while providing us with the flexibility to do things that my son and I enjoy.

What a fantastic trip! My son is now a confirmed travel junky like his dad!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank StJFamily

Phoenix, Arizona
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fantastic Company - We loved our Trip”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I work in the travel industry and usually plan all my vacations myself via online research and experience. For my recent honeymoon my wife and I wanted to visit the Scandinavian countries and chose a tour on the Nordic Visitor website and then worked with Cecilia to customize it to our needs. WHile I tried to plan this trip myself, once I started working with Nordic Visitor I just gave up and let them handle everything as they were so good at it. They also got better prices that I could manage on my own so I got a perfectly organized trip and then it cost me less that I expected!

We flew into Stockholm and they had a driver meet us at the airport and take us to our hotel (we could have taken the train but preferred with all our bags to have a car). Our driver was great, even after she dropped us off she came into the hotel until we were checked in and made sure we had our welcome packet from Nordic Visitor.

For our trip we upgraded to stay in nicer hotels (well worth the money). Every hotel they got us was great, right in the city center so we could walk everywhere and they all included wifi and breakfast which at all 3 hotels was a 5-star buffet.

From Stockholm we took a train to Copenhagen, Denmark, from there an overnight cruise to Oslo, Norway (upgraded on the ship and again, it was well worth it, great cabin, free wifi, free drinks and snacks in the VIP lounge). While in Oslo we stayed at the grand Hotel, which is the most renowned hotel in the city.

From Oslo we took a train back to Stockholm (we had Nordic upgrade us on all trains to 1st class. A minimal fee but again well worth it).

Communication was great, every time I had a questions Cecilia or someone from their team answered straight away. I highly recommend Nordic Visitor to anyone who is looking to take a vacation in Scandinavia. They were fantastic and made our travels so much easier. if I was to go back again (would love to do Finland and Iceland next) I wouldn't even look anywhere else but would go straight to their website and book my trip.

You will not go wrong using these guys!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank AZTVLR71
Ottawa, Canada
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Eyjafjallajökull Exclusive”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was one of those by accident things we found Nordic Visitor Tours and were we impressed by our guide Ludwik.
It was hard to say who was having more fun that day Ludwik or us? Very hospitable and knowledgeable.
For Nordic Tours you have a real gem with Ludwik sorry it took a while to write the review but I could not recommend this company or Ludwik more highly.
Thank you Ludwik it was a great day.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Bill T
Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“brilliant experience”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We sort of found Nordic Visitor "by accident" on the internet. Fancy using an Iceland Travel Agent to book a self-guided tour schedule from Australia! But WHAT a find. Everything about the tour worked brilliantly. Cecilia was our contact there, and we traveled effortlessly from Finland, through to Sweden, Denmark then Norway. parts were by boat, and some by train.
When we had a query, or needed to contact them during the trip, the response was almost instant.
We thought dealing with them was quite extraordinary, and I'm not one to say that lightly.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank MikeT_8
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“17 Day Iceland Grand Tour”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I chose Nordic Visitor to arrange this self drive tour for us. We travelled in July and were very lucky with the weather. 15 days sunshine out of 17. Iceland is one of the most beautiful countries we have ever visited, and we were impressed by the friendliness and hospitality of the people ( and also by the fact that almost everybody spoke English). Outstanding also were the services we received from Nordic Visitor through María, their representative. From pick-up at the airport to the selection of the places to stay, every detail was exactly as advertised and flawless. The documentation we received prior to arrival and then again in Reykjavik was plentiful and very useful. So were the hints and other information we received from María personally at her office. We are full of praise and shall share our experience with friends and family.

Visited July 2012