“Fantastic Company - We loved our Trip”

Nordic Visitor Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #20 of 363 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Reykjavik, Iceland since 2002, Nordic Visitor offers wide range of excursions, from wilderness adventures to culture-focused city tours. Our selection of guided small group tours, privately-guided tours and self-guided tours are handpicked by our own local travel experts.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I work in the travel industry and usually plan all my vacations myself via online research and experience. For my recent honeymoon my wife and I wanted to visit the Scandinavian countries and chose a tour on the Nordic Visitor website and then worked with Cecilia to customize it to our needs. WHile I tried to plan this trip myself, once I started working with Nordic Visitor I just gave up and let them handle everything as they were so good at it. They also got better prices that I could manage on my own so I got a perfectly organized trip and then it cost me less that I expected!

We flew into Stockholm and they had a driver meet us at the airport and take us to our hotel (we could have taken the train but preferred with all our bags to have a car). Our driver was great, even after she dropped us off she came into the hotel until we were checked in and made sure we had our welcome packet from Nordic Visitor.

For our trip we upgraded to stay in nicer hotels (well worth the money). Every hotel they got us was great, right in the city center so we could walk everywhere and they all included wifi and breakfast which at all 3 hotels was a 5-star buffet.

From Stockholm we took a train to Copenhagen, Denmark, from there an overnight cruise to Oslo, Norway (upgraded on the ship and again, it was well worth it, great cabin, free wifi, free drinks and snacks in the VIP lounge). While in Oslo we stayed at the grand Hotel, which is the most renowned hotel in the city.

From Oslo we took a train back to Stockholm (we had Nordic upgrade us on all trains to 1st class. A minimal fee but again well worth it).

Communication was great, every time I had a questions Cecilia or someone from their team answered straight away. I highly recommend Nordic Visitor to anyone who is looking to take a vacation in Scandinavia. They were fantastic and made our travels so much easier. if I was to go back again (would love to do Finland and Iceland next) I wouldn't even look anywhere else but would go straight to their website and book my trip.

You will not go wrong using these guys!

1  Thank AZTVLR71

Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was one of those by accident things we found Nordic Visitor Tours and were we impressed by our guide Ludwik.
It was hard to say who was having more fun that day Ludwik or us? Very hospitable and knowledgeable.
For Nordic Tours you have a real gem with Ludwik sorry it took a while to write the review but I could not recommend this company or Ludwik more highly.
Thank you Ludwik it was a great day.

1  Thank Bill T
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We sort of found Nordic Visitor "by accident" on the internet. Fancy using an Iceland Travel Agent to book a self-guided tour schedule from Australia! But WHAT a find. Everything about the tour worked brilliantly. Cecilia was our contact there, and we traveled effortlessly from Finland, through to Sweden, Denmark then Norway. parts were by boat, and some by train.
When we had a query, or needed to contact them during the trip, the response was almost instant.
We thought dealing with them was quite extraordinary, and I'm not one to say that lightly.

3  Thank MikeT_8
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I chose Nordic Visitor to arrange this self drive tour for us. We travelled in July and were very lucky with the weather. 15 days sunshine out of 17. Iceland is one of the most beautiful countries we have ever visited, and we were impressed by the friendliness and hospitality of the people ( and also by the fact that almost everybody spoke English). Outstanding also were the services we received from Nordic Visitor through María, their representative. From pick-up at the airport to the selection of the places to stay, every detail was exactly as advertised and flawless. The documentation we received prior to arrival and then again in Reykjavik was plentiful and very useful. So were the hints and other information we received from María personally at her office. We are full of praise and shall share our experience with friends and family.

1  Thank Eugen B
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This past summer we spent a week in Iceland following the "South at Leisure" self-drive tour arranged by Thordis of Nordic Visitor. The entire experience was first-rate. Every accommodation that was arranged for us was beautiful, every meal was amazing, all of the people we met were friendly and accommodating, and every day was memorable. We not only enjoyed the sightseeing, we got to ride horses, hike and snowmobile on glaciers, and snorkle in Silfra. We also indulged in "underwater massages" at the Blue Lagoon. The weather was cool and rainy most days, but the sunlight lasted all night, so every day felt like two days of vacation. I highly recommend visiting Iceland, especially since it is only a 5-hour flight from NY, so you don't even have to worry about jet lag! I also recommend using Nordic Visitors--they were there for us every step of the way--even when we changed our minds or changed our schedules.