“Go with cash!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Skolabru

Skolabru
Ranked #80 of 462 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Enjoy distinctly Icelandic food based on our Icelandic cultural heritage and local culinary traditions. We offer also a wide variety of dishes from the international scene of fine dining. - Our Icelandic lamb together with our seafood dishes are among the things people like the most.
San Francisco Bay
“Go with cash!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had a great five star dinner here - started with the wild goose carpaccio (incredible), I had the catch of the day (salmon in a blueberry sauce) and my husband had the lamb (done to perfection) - both main dishes were large and really wonderful. For dessert we split a berry/skyr dish that was amazing, best dessert we had. Great wine, lovely service, perfect interior - probably the nicest dinner we had in Reykjavik- but (and this is the only reason I didn't give it a 5 rating) go with cash (this was also one of the least expensive meals we had in the city). They were having problems with their credit card system the night we went and my husband had to run to an ATM.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank satchel

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Breda, The Netherlands
“great evening and dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is local restaurant a little bit (10 minutes walk) outside the city center. They serve a combination of meat and fish. Also they have 3-course adventure menu's. If your looking for a nice restaurant, this one should be on your list.

Visited March 2014
Pembroke, Canada
“Great meal, great ambience, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Can't think of anything negative to say about this place. We ate here one night, and both had the catch of the day, which was seawolf and Atlantic salmon served over a blueberry sauce with sautéed vegetables and rice. Great wine and beer selections as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful, service was by far the quickest of any of the Reykjavik restaurants we dined at, and they were mindful of our dietary allergies (no nuts, no gluten - we're a fun bunch for restaurants).

While the meal was expensive, it ended up a fair bit less than the Grill Market or Fish Market (which were both great as well), so I guess I can't even complain about that. Bravo!

• Visited March 2014
Bicester, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were looking for a highly rated restaurant to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and fell in love with the clean, cosy, intimate interior. We were given a lovely table by the window as they remembered it was a birthday celebration when we booked. The food choice was great, including 2 set menus. I opted for the 'Catch of the Day', a huge cod like fish fillet with the most delicious lobster sauce and potatoes/seasonal veg. My husband had the lamb dish and was cooked to perfection. We both finished with chocolate souffle, and although it tasted absolutely beautiful, I was rather disappointed that they hadn't risen. Service was exceptional - right balance between being attentive enough but not overly bearing. The meal for 2 (including a bottle of wine) cost us £105 which seems pretty standard for Reykjavik but I have to say that I was more than happy to pay this as we had a fantastic evening.

• Visited February 2014
Bristol, England
“Great find in the centre of Reykjavik”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We too stumbled across this one night wandering around Reykjavik and resolved to go there the following night. However, we forgot to make the booking. Nevertheless, we turned up in the hope of getting a table and were not disappointed. We had a table by the window on the ground floor. I was happy with this as the upstairs seemed a little more noisy and the peace it what we were looking for.
I had the 'Lamb Adventure' set course. This was a goose carpaccio to start, rack of lamb followed by a Iclandic Skyr. The first two courses were cooked to perfection. The goose came with a balsamic glaze and the lamb was tender and flavoursome. The Skyr was good but not to my taste (my problem, not the food's)
My wife had the salmon pickled and smoked) to start and the seafood gratin for mains. She enjoyed the food a lot and was more than happy with it.
The service was good if a tad tardy but the waitresses were friendly, welcoming and professional.
The atmosphere was peaceful and the surroundings well decorated and clean. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant especially for couples or those looking for a warm, welcoming meal.

• Visited February 2014