“Interesting place for lunch”
Review of Scandinavian

Scandinavian
Ranked #78 of 464 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Seafood, Soups, Norwegian, International
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We welcome you to Scandinavian restaurant and bar, conveniently located downtown Reykjavik on Laugavegur 22a. Scandinavian offers a variety of dishes in a cozy atmosphere. Our emphasis is on Icelandic and Nordic cuisine as well as selected specialties from continental Europe. All our dishes are prepared using only the best Icelandic ingredients, usually organically grown. We hope you have a pleasant time with us and enjoy our food in our charming setting. A diverse menu at very reasonable prices. Every day, new courses are offered at a special low price.
Denver, Colorado
“Interesting place for lunch”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. We had a couple of their open faced sandwiches for lunch. Definitely an interesting experience for us as that is not common in the US. Coffee is by the cup, another thing we were surprised by. My husband is the coffee connoisseur, and he said it tasted like watered down espresso. Other patrons' dishes looked as delicious as ours. Staff was unintrusive, and the restaurant felt very modern. We enjoyed our one meal there and would consider going back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Hampton Roads, Virginia
“Really love the chicken salad”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place is connected to our hotel so we decided to try it out after a long day of walking around town and wanting to get a bite to eat before our northern lights tour without having to walk somewhere else. I am so glad we did! I ordered the BBQ chicken salad and my husband ordered the seafood soup. The salad is one of the best salads I have had. A nice mix of greens, feta cheese, generous amounts of barbecued chicken and some type of creamy dressing (skyr based?). I have had it three times now! My husband also had the chicken sandwich which was very good. The burgers here also looked and smelled very good and are large. The best thing is from 4:30-6:30 pm they have half priced beer, wine and the chicken salad is at a reduced price. It is a pity more people do not eat here. They also have a soup of the day and a number of Danish open faced sandwiches. Perhaps I will try one of those next time!

• Visited March 2013
Plymouth, MA
“Nice, quiet spot for lunch”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My friend has the seafood soup, he said it was excellent. I had an open faced sandwich with currant jelly and bacon, a strange but oddly tasty combination!

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff, Great food!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Fron, and this is the attached restaurant, to be honest I could have had dinner here the whole time we stayed! It was great and very understanding when we said we needed something quick as we were going on a tour and only had under an hour, the lovely lady recommended the open sandwich menu. All the plates were big and I was full after both meals we had here. A tad expensive, but worth it. I was uncomfortable full and their 'Scandi' Burger was EMENSE. so big I nearly broke my jaw trying to bite into it!

The fish soup, the fish and chips and the anti pasti platter was what we had on the second night and as a quick munch before a tour we had club sandwich, my mum loved it however I actually did not like it, ONLY because I do not actually like the BBQ on it.

Truly recommend this place. LOVE the horse/volcano eruption canvas on their wall.

• Visited February 2013
California, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have never in my entire life had so tasty hamburger and the icelandic beer is great!
Five stars no doubt!