2,017 results
All reviews games room bread porridge northern lights extra pillows happy hour underfloor heating luggage room ham the main street cold buffet city centre boiled eggs minute walk good size continental breakfast basic hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hallway carpet on the 4th floor is shredded in many places...see photo. The rooms are the size of a college dorm room. The rooms on the 5th and 6th floors are much larger and nicer. The breakfast buffet is excellent.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ida_s_berg, sales and marketing at Hotel Klettur, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear 702garyg,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review of your stay at Klettur. We are happy to read that you liked the complimentary breakfast :)

Our standard rooms are about 18 - 24m2 in size and we offer different types of rooms for the modern traveler. We are sorry to read that the size of your room didn’t meet your expectations and encourage you to speak with our reservations team for your next stay with us so we can accommodate you as best as possible.

Your point about the hallway carpet is very valid and we will be definitely looking into this. Thank you for pointing this out.

We hope you will have an opportunity to return and enjoy Klettur again in the future.

Have a great day,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Quiet location, within easy walking distance of the city centre. Functional and plain rooms, but everything is there : water heater, fridge, iron... The reception area is a bit cramped but the staff are friendly enough. The breakfast room is underground and somehow underwhelming. The food choice is OK, but the presentation is...plain. I had to leave for the airport at 4 am, but it was possible to get a basic breakfast at this early hour, great !

Dear riehen,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review of your stay at Klettur. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location, your room and the early breakfast.
A continental breakfast buffet is always included in your room rate. We appreciate your tip regarding the presentation. We will make sure to share your comments with our team.

We hope you will have an opportunity to return and enjoy Klettur again in the future :)

Have a great week,
Best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Wife and I just spent 9 nights at Hotel Klettur. We found the rooms to be large enough for our stay and nicely furnished. I felt the rooms were clean and the staff was competent at keeping them that way. The Breakfast was quite European style and included most everything one might want. The location was, In my opinion, great fro us. It started at the bottom of them main part of the City and we were able to see pretty much everything. The old Harbor was a 30 minute walk and of course, most everything was in between.The front desk staff was incredible and were so helpful. Any issue was handled promptly and professionally. I travel 4-5 months out of the year so finding a Hotel gem like this is nice. I have paid much more for a lot less. If Business or Pleasure carries me back to Iceland I will return to this Hotel. Another plus is it is Quiet. I have stayed in other super downtown Hotels and not had this much quiet time. A smaller hotel with a big heart, please give it a try. Ciao.

Room tip: Try to book a room overlooking the Harbor, Happy Hour in the Bar is a nice touch, also.

Dear bradrobenolt,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review of your stay at Klettur. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in our Hotel, the surrounding areas and the effort from our hard working staff. We truly appreciate your kind words and we hope to welcome you back soon :)

Have a great week!

Best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My tour of Iceland began and ended here. I found everything about the hotel practical and functional, including the breakfast and eating area. Both my rooms were on the street side, so no view to speak of, but it's a quiet street and I slept comfortably. Although not central, the hotel is positioned near one end of Laugavegur, the main shopping street that runs into central Reykjavik and is pleasant to walk along, so there are plenty of places to eat/shop nearby. I also found pick-ups and drop-offs for tours and airport shuttles were very straightforward from here - directly outside reception - some more central hotels had to wait at separate bus stops.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of restaurants. There is only breakfast served on the premisses. However, it was raining really hard when we had to go find a restaurant which was unpleasant. There is parking in the hotel garage which was very nice. If they had had a restaurant I would have rated higher.

Room tip: The hotel has a parking garage That is a big bonus.
Date of stay: August 2019
ida_s_berg, sales and marketing at Hotel Klettur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Muncie_birder,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

You are right :) Klettur is conveniently situated in Mjölnisholt, restaurants and shops are only steps away from our hotel.

Your comments are much appreciated and your feedback will help us to continually improve the standard of facilities and services.

We do appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards,