Ways to Experience Discover Iceland
More Info
from $924.34
More Info
1,221 results
All reviews off road super jeep northern lights tour golden circle south coast private tour minibus tour driving skills first night weather conditions great guide hot chocolate his knowledge these guys beautiful country driver guide highly recommend this company
Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

Discover did not let us down. This is the best company to explore Iceland with. We went on the Golden Circle day trip and accessed places others could not (thanks to the giant truck we were in). I definitely recommend you do the snowmobile at the top of the glacier (very beautiful).

And to top it all off, we were lucky to see the Northern Lights on our last night. Both crews were completely professional and well versed in tour subject matter.

If you want a bit of exclusivity and all access through Iceland's rough weather patches, go with Discover. And you can be sure you will be met with adventure on your trip. Our day trip saw us in white out conditions driving up the mountain (a tad scary), and then later we rescued tourists who got stuck on a road they should not have been on (but one our truck had no issues with). At night our truck got stuck in snow and the companion truck (buddy system at night), pulled us out with ease...all while the northern lights kept dancing well past our bedtime.

I cannot stress how thankful we were to have gone with Discover! When I return I will most definitely go with them again.

1  Thank Bairda98
Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

What an amazing day! Our guide was helpful and took us to see things we didn't expect as well as the official itinerary. We saw all the tourist sites of the golden circle and the wilderness and beauty of the glacier. Off road driving, plate boundaries, geysers, a spectacular frozen waterfall, local ice cream and thermal baths - what more could you want? It was a day we will remember forever!

2  Thank LouisP09
Reviewed March 27, 2016

Discover Iceland really should be number 1 on Trip Advisor!

Myself and my boyfriend did all of our tours in Iceland with Discover. We wanted a more private tour away from the crowds and with a guide who would push the boundaries and give us an adventure..... We were not disappointed!!

Our first trip was the northern lights trip with Steph. Although there was a slight mishap at the beginning of our tour Discover more than made up for this. We were lucky enough to see the northern lights, which were just incredible.

The next day we were picked up from our hotel by Biggy ready for the golden circle tour. WHAT A DAY! Biggy really was the best tour guide ever. He made sure we did everything we wanted to see and went above and beyond to take us to secret locations away from all the big groups of people. His "fun facts" kept us entertained the whole way along with his awesome Icelandic music blasting out of the stereo whilst we were driving up to the top of the glacier. We cannot thank him enough for the amazing day we had!

Day 2 - we were collected by Heimir and Arnar ready for the South Coast tour. Anna had kindly sorted out a glacier hike in the middle of our south Coast tour so we were really against the clock to make sure we did everything on this day. Heimir made sure we did it! We were out from 8.30am until 7.30pm and it was so worth it! The weather was incredible, the scenary was even better and the time just flew past. Both Heimir and Arnar were extremely knowledgeable and great fun to be around. They went above and beyond our expectations and shown us places we will never forget. Holy Moley it was a good day :)

Thank you so much to Georg and Anna for kindly helping plan our trip and being so patient, and thank you to Biggy, Heimir and Arnar for such a memorable trip, it's one we will never forget!

3  Thank 430charlotteb
Reviewed March 26, 2016

We had a fantastic time on the golden circle tour with George. He arrived bang on time, then got us free coffee - and then took us on a tour to remember.

We have 7 year old twins and he brought the trip to life- for example explaining where all 13 santas live in Iceland!

The tour felt bespoke to us and used George's local knowledge to bring to life e.g. We stopped off at a shop so we could buy Icelandic Easter eggs, and see what Lamb's head looked like!

I mentioned I liked waterfalls, so we had an impromptu stop at an amazing waterfall where it was only us there!

I mentioned I was a golfer, so we went to see a golf course... And will be back to play in the future.

The girls were collecting stones for school, so he also took us to a quarry to pick some different coloured lava stones.

Nothing was too much trouble, Icelandic lessons were fun and he seemed to know everyone.

Thank you George for a great day out- well worth the price.

2  Thank familybrown2015
Reviewed March 23, 2016

I had a great time on my tour. I did both the Golden Circle and Northern Lights hunt tours with this company. I've had total of three different guides during my trips and I had a great time!

Date of experience: January 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
3  Thank imaxorz