Book In Advance
Tours from Discover Iceland tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Reykjavik
from $107.85
from $139.00
from $180.40
from $204.70
1,213 results
All reviews off road super jeep northern lights tour golden circle south coast private tour minibus tour driving skills first night weather conditions great guide hot chocolate his knowledge excellent driver memorable trip these guys beautiful country
Reviewed March 15, 2016

The day we spent with our guide, was the most worthwhile money we spent in Iceland. Our guide was easy going, incredibly knowledgable and kept us laughing the entire day. We explored locations we never would have seen any other way, on volcanos, under waterfalls, the black beaches, and all the way, learned about Iceland's geological and cultural history, economy, cuisine, music etc-- A not to miss adventure- especially for teens

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Laurel A
Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

Just arrived back from a truly memorable day with the greatest tour guide "hawk" on the golden circle tour.
We experienced off road driving through snow blizzards on the glacier area, rescued 3 vehicles from the snow which added to the experience.
We learnt tons of interesting information about Iceland itself and how Icelandic people live. Snowmobiles were the highlight of our trip, and we can not thank "hawk" enough for his expertise and making this day special and one of the best experiences to date. I can not recommend him enough as he went above and beyond our expectations and wanted to make it a truly unforgettable experience for us. Thank you again from all of us

4  Thank alexlgarcia
Reviewed March 12, 2016

Had a wonderful guide Stefan. Did the Golden Circle tour. Only 4 people in the jeep. Our guide was informative and knowledgeable. He added on surprise destinations when we were unable to reach the glacier do to weather conditions. Highly recommend!

3  Thank Travelgal385
Reviewed March 11, 2016

We took a private tour (for four) with Discover Iceland & had an absolutely great day. The jeep AHA was very comfortable and our guide Erdin was very knowledgeable and interesting as well as being an excellent driver through the heavy snow as we travelled up the glacier to do the optional snowmobiling trip (we highly recommend doing this & having the hotdog & Icelandic beer afterwards!)
The weather lifted as we came down from the glacier and we had a wonderful tour of the golden circle highlights including the surprise of driving into a volcano crater at the end. Nothing was too much trouble for Erdin and we would absolutely recommend Discover Iceland tours to everyone - we will be back for more!

2  Thank lesley c
Reviewed March 10, 2016

I have nothing but good things to say about Discover Iceland and our tour. Even before we left for this tour, the team was excellent in keeping us updated and responding to our questions.

We went on the Mission Blue Ice tour this past weekend, a 3d2n trip from Reykjavik along the South shore to Jökulsárlón with plenty of stops in-between, and including two nights in a hotel in the South. We had the pleasure of being guided/driven around these three days by Gummi in ‘Hey’ and we were joined by another couple. We all got along so well, it felt like a family road trip, and I was quite sad to say goodbye at the end of this tour.

We visited an incredible amount of stops during this tour but the highlights for me were the ice caves, Gljúfrafoss, Svínafellsjökull and Secret Lagoon. Even though we had so many things planned, never once did we feel rushed. This was very important to us, since my boyfriend’s a photographer and takes his time taking in the sights! Plus, I took my time walking around the ice as I’m not very sure-footed. They provide crampons for people who need a little extra help like me! I also loved watching Gummi drive the jeep off-road through snow and ice and water streams, and never once felt unsafe. Unfortunately, no northern lights were visible during these two nights.

I highly recommend this tour as I really enjoyed every single moment. We took a Golden Circle tour with another company and that was such a letdown. We’ll be sure to book with Discover Iceland again in the future!

2  Thank AmandaCh