Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Discover Iceland
from $1,282.17
More Info
1,315 results
All reviews off road super jeep northern lights tour golden circle private tour south coast glacier tour weather conditions his knowledge these guys driver guide highly recommend this company great driver highlight of our trip visited iceland monster truck the black sand beach
Selected filters
Reviewed March 9, 2016

I have been travelled alone to Iceland for 14 days in last month (feb), i stayed in reykjavik as base, and travelled to different places mainly by jeep tour. Therefore, actually I joined three different Jeep tour companies for different places. Normally I don't write review, but Discover Iceland helped me to experience the most beautiful of iceland, I really appreciate them, after my experiences with different Jeep tour companies, i think Discover is the best Jeep tour company in Reykjavik.

I joined the golden circle tour and south coast tour from them, plus two hunting northern night tours as well.

The guide of Golden Circle tour was Johannes, he is a very considerate, professional, funny and knowledge tour guide. The whole tour was like an adventure. On our way when driving to Langjokull Glacier, we can stop freely whenever we found interesting point to take pictures, sometimes he suggested us too. We drove off road to the Glacier and the view through the journey was truly amazing beautiful and unique. If I joined a minibus tour, i don't think I can have these experiences.

Few little things show the caring from this company, such as they provided me the crampon to avoid fall down before i walk to any icy places. So that I can walk freely to take picture, and no need to walk slowly and afraid of fall down. Honestly, it seems basic, but some tour companies i joined didn't know it is extremely important. And while we headed to south coast tour, we tried to enter a ice cave in Gigjokull, but since there was no safe entrance point of the cave for us to enter, they then made a path and test the safety first before allow us to enter in. I think it is really thoughtful.

The ice cave in Gigjokull which is the best ice cave I ever visited in iceland, even compare with the one I visited in Jokulsarlon. It is very private and quite big inside, no other traveller except our tour, we have the time and space to experience the beautiful nature.

Finally, about the Northern light tour, I found it seems easy to see the lights while followed their tour, i went out three nights, and two nights can saw the Lights, they know where to find it. I am very satisfied after saw the northern lights for two nights, within the first few days of my journey.

If I will travel to Iceland for summer again, definitely I will find Discover iceland as my tour guide again, they are professional, and passion for what they work. Once again, thank you so much.

Jun

Date of experience: February 2016
5  Thank jl00l
Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed the Golden Circle and Snowmobile tour and it is a must for anyone visit Iceland. We had Heimir Einarsson and he is one of the best driver I have experienced. He know the super jeep well and drives very safely. He is great in driving on snow and glaciers. I especially enjoyed the snowmobile ride. You have to do it when visit during winter ! It's an amazing experience! Great driver, excellent itinerary and awesome snowmobile rides! Must engage Discover Iceland when you visit Reykjavik.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Ivy777
Georg T, Owner at Discover Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Reviewed March 8, 2016

Really enjoyed this tour and would like to thank Óðinn for showing us around the Golden Circle (and driving us up a mountain!). He really went out of his way and took us to extra places - he didn't have to do that so thank you very much. Overall a really cool trip, we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Only disappointment was not being able to see the glacier as the weather wasn't ideal but that is the luck of the draw in Iceland! The 4x4 off-road Jeep tour is more expensive than some of the other options (a bus tour) but it's well worth it - a much smaller group, more comfortable, quicker, you go off road, up mountains covered in snow and it's more personable so if you can afford this option, take it! Thanks again Óðinn!

Date of experience: March 2016
3  Thank kurt570

Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed your day out with us. We hope to see you soon over again :).. Some times the conditions at the glacier can be very extreme so that we are not able to have the views we want :) it all goes down with the weather gods.

Reviewed March 6, 2016

We were in Reykjavik in January for only a few days, and were fortunate enough to go on both the Golden Circle Tour with Kidde and the Northern Lights Hunt with "Hawk." Both were extremely knowledgable about their respective tours, and we had a fabulous time on both. Driving on the glacier on the first tour was like being on top of the world!! The drive was fun and we enjoyed the comraderie of the other two couples. A special treat was the surprise stop at the end of the greenhouse where tomatoes grow all year long! We were fortunate enough to see the Northern Lights on the hunt, and although it was really cold, it was an experience not to be forgotten.
Can't recommend these enough!!! And the hotel pick-up and drop-off were super convenient.

Date of experience: January 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank WNewyorker

Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed your day out with us. We hope to see you soon over again :) We love doing those secret stops, those where we show you more that is away from the main tourist sights :)

Reviewed March 6, 2016

We did the golden circle tour with Ori and it was a blast. Ori was really nice and made sure we had a really good time. I highly recommend this tour to anyone that wants to take advantage of their time in Iceland.

Date of experience: January 2016