“I wish there was a rating above excellent... Discover Iceland deserves it!!!”
Review of Discover Iceland

Discover Iceland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: DISCOVER is a dynamic adventure travel operator in Iceland offering wide range of day and multi day tours and adventures to suit your desires with luxury. We are here to help you discover all the amazing things you can experience in the Icelandic nature. Our experienced driver guides will take you on a true adventure journeys around the most spectacular Icelandic hotspots in our modified luxury 4x4 Off Road Trucks. We provide you with personal service and make sure you have a memorable trip with us. Discover Ltd is registered tour operator by the Icelandic Tourist Board and cares about your safety on our trips.
Northport, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“I wish there was a rating above excellent... Discover Iceland deserves it!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had an absolutely incredible day with Discover Iceland!!! From the first email I received back from Georg until Sven dropped me back at my hotel at the end of the day, I was extremely impressed with this company. Georg was always prompt and helpful in his emails. From Georg's communications to his selection of guides, it is clear that Discover Iceland is a top notch operation!

Due to weather issues, the original tour I wanted to go on had to be amended but that was not an issue. We walked behind waterfalls, stood on a glacier, crossed a river several times, tromped on freshly fallen snow and checked out a black sand beach. Sven was always there to lend a helping hand to someone who is more used to warm weather scuba diving holidays! I struggle with remembering all of the places we went but rest be assured, each was awe inspiring in its own way. I can't think of a better way to see Iceland than in a comfortable but rugged and powerful 4x4. I didn't stop smiling the entire day!

My guide, Sven, is a true ambassador for Iceland. He is knowledgeable, helpful, humorous and kind. I feel that my time on this tour gave me a wonderful glimpse about what makes Iceland truly extraordinary, from its otherworldly landscape to its fascinating history. Sven kept us entertained the entire time. The other people on the tour were a fun couple from England who planned on staying in Iceland another week. Sven gave them some great tips for the rest of their stay.

With tourism booming in Iceland, there are a plethora of tour operators popping up. Though I am sure other operators do a good job, I'd be shocked if any come close to Discover Iceland's level of excellence. Do yourself a favor and go with them-you'll have a blast!

I plan on returning to Iceland this summer. I can't wait to do another tour (or two!) with Discover Iceland! Thanks Georg and Sven!!! You made someone who loves sunny days and warm water enjoy a cold and wintery day-no small feat! :)

1 Thank OceanJane
Georg T, Owner at Discover Iceland, responded to this review, March 9, 2016
Thank you for the great review, makes us proud knowing how much you enjoyed your day out with us. Touring out in small groups in a very capable SuperJeep which can take you to places where other 4x4 can´t go is our thing :) We hope to see you soon over again :)

• Czech first
Shepperton, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“amazing trip!!!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had booked a trip for our son's birthday, spending a bit more to make it a memorable day, and boy did we get that. Georg was in constant touch with any questions we needed answers for and on the day provided us with the wonderful Radnar, who filled our 9 hour day with amazing facts and folklore about Iceland. We will never forget our day and can't wait to go back and book another trip with Radnor.

1 Thank Maureen B B

Aylesbury
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We'll worth it!! (Not for the faint hearted)”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We went on the golden circle 4x4 with snowmobiling trip on 13th November. The weather was awful in Reykjavik and rained for the first part of the day but it didn't spoil it. You can get right up close to the geysers which is fascinating. The guides were both really knowledgeable and had some great stories to tell. The drive was brilliant for anyone who watches ice road truckers - off roading on the rocky terrain then falling off the glacier road getting stuck in the snow! All the tour guides know each other and as the heavy snow wasn't easing up our guides got us on another monster truck that was passing to get us to the snowmobiling while they dug the jeep out. It was touch and go as to whether they would let us go in the conditions but it went ahead and what an awesome experience - driving thought 3ft deep snow all the way to a spectacular view of the volcano in the sunset. Beautiful. All in all this trip made our holiday if you can afford to go with these guys it's well worth it - only one other couple with us in the jeep so it was a really good laugh. If you don't like this kind of thing choose the bus trips instead but for me this is the way to see Iceland.

3 Thank FreeeeeM

Moscow
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“An amazing trip”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

A Super Jeep tour was probably the best part of my trip to Iceland. There were only three people in the group, which made for nice, quiet, and compact visits to the places of interest. We were taken to Thingveller, Gullfoss, the geysers, and a glacier. The drivers also threw in couple of extra stops which were extremely pleasant and didn’t add to the time of the tour, we still returned to Reykjavik as planned. The route itself was beyond comparison, the drivers/guides were professional and fun, and the trip was truly a highlight of my stay in Iceland. This is a strikingly beautiful country, and a Super Jeep tour is a great way to experience it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kriemhild

Leeton
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Amazing Day - highlight of our European trip - lifetime memories”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We booked a full day tour and we had so much fun with Flosi we then booked Flosi for the Northern lights tour the same day. I can truly say it was one of the best days I've ever spent travelling anywhere in the world. Flosi was so much fun and so knowledgeable. Georg and his guides made us feel like family for the day as they showed us around stunning Iceland. When I go back I would definitely explore with Georg's team but maybe do three or four nights next time - I truly fell in love with Iceland and it's people and I highly reccomend these tours - so much fun and so professional! Thanks Georg and Flosi x We all miss you!

Visited October 2013