“Great place for good inexpensive food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Babalu

Cafe Babalu
Ranked #4 of 27 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Denver
“Great place for good inexpensive food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This place is so cute and serves great food at a great price. I was there twice and never paid more than $10 for a meal, cookie and beer. It is a local hangout and the staff are really nice. The type of food is more on the lighter side- chili, sandwiches, that sort of thing.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Albany, New York
“Best crepes!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I had a craving for crepes as my husband and I were touring around reykjavik... I dragged him around for 40 mins to find a place. We passed up cafe Paris because it looked too touristy and we came upon cafe babalu. I'm so happy we found it!! Delish food and hot drinks and even though it was a little small, the place had a great atmosphere. I'll be dreaming of those crepes for a long time!!

1 Thank Veronica W
Winter Park, Florida
“Great vegan options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stumbled upon this place and what a nice find. I was able to order a soy hot chocolate and vegetarian chilli YUM. It was both tasty and priced reasonably. The staff were very friendly. Wish I had more time to check out the rest of their menu. Highly recommend this place for anyone with alternative diet.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank HennaHands
new york
“Super cute little cafe with vegan options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stumbled across this cafe and were immediately taken by its cosy and comfortable vibe. It has the feel of a funky coffee shop I would have gone to in college. The food was casual and inexpensive with vegan and vegetarian options which was great for us. The stand out was the vegan carrot cake! This was the most delicious vegan cake of any variety I have ever tried, and I've tried a lot. Even my meat-eating carrot-cake hating husband LOVED this cake. Would definitely recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank emma b
Lancashire
“Funky place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled on this place near the big church. Had a student/hippy vibe. Friendly and quirky. The soup and panini's were good as we're the crepes and chocolate cake. It's an eclectic mix of sofas and small tables. Not huge amounts of space though. Free wifi.
A refreshing change.