Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $286.61
from $155.66
from $114.89
7,725 results
All reviews extreme iceland glacier hike blue ice tour golden circle day tour northern lights ice climbing dry suit south coast silfra fissure the bus lava cave super jeep small group hiking boots black sand beach tectonic plates
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2020 via mobile

I would have loved to give a review for the ice cave tour they put me on, if only they PICKED US UP. Our 2 day south coast tour got cancelled and in return, they gave us an ice cave tour. We waited for 40 mins, only for them to tell us that the bus already came and left our pick up point, which is ridiculous because we were EARLY.

Turns out, the driver didnt bother coming in to the hotel lobby. She just asked 3 guys who were waiting outside the hotel something and simply LEFT even though it WAS STILL EARLY. I've been on a few tours on my trip and the other drivers bothered to at least go inside the hotel to look for their guests.

We were told we had to wait outside the hotel which I find is a pathetic excuse to absolve themselves of any fault because nowhere in our eticket did it say that we had to wait outside. It just said that pick up could take up to 30 mins. So what, I have to wait 30 mins in the cold winter for them?

I'd like to think we only had the misfortune of having such a LAZY driver who didnt even meet the BARE MINIMUM of stepping a few metres into the hotel lobby to look for other guests when it's not even the PICK UP TIME YET (because we saw other drivers did so).

That said, we already booked other tours with arctic adventures (golden circle, snaefellsnes peninsula, south coast). I would say all they provide is really just the transportation. The guides do pepper the drive with facts and commentary but other than that, you're mostly on your own for the short amount of time at the destination. It's pretty rushed, only enough time to take essential pics, not a lot of time for you to explore.

I say they oversell themselves also because we didnt actually stop at all the stops mentioned in the itinerary. For some reason, we skipped the Skogafoss Waterfall and Skaftafell Nature Reserve in the south coast tour. Even the "stop" at vik village wasnt really a stop, more like a pit stop. We were only there for 30 mins to eat, literally no time to explore the supposedly charming village. We also didnt visit the ytri-tunga seal paradise and hellnar in the snaefellsnes peninsula tour.

Lastly, the accommodation they booked was hotel orkin, instead of the Reykjavik lights hotel which they indicated on their website. I understand that its subjected to changes, but they did say that it would be something similar. Let me just say that hotel orkin and Reykjavik lights hotel are VASTLY DIFFERENT. So please, manage your expectations if you do book with them.

Though I would suggest you dont (this includes extreme Iceland as they're affiliated). Just find some other tour companies. They're a dime a dozen in Iceland.

5  Thank elocinnnnn
Laura P, Customer Care at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2020

Dear Valued Customer,

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We would like to begin by saying how sincerely sorry we are you felt the tour was rushed. Our sightseeing tours include quite a large number of sites that must be visited in a window of Icelandic daylight and during the winter season that window is quite short. Thus said, we are still trying to spend an average of 20 minutes on each site, which, based on our experience, is a reasonable amount of time to explore the site and take a few pictures. This is also one of the main reasons why our guides share most of the facts while driving to the location. However, it is wrong to say the sightseeing part is just a silent supervised exploration. We have a number of great reviews regarding our professional and highly knowledgeable guides after each departure.

Allow us to elaborate on the pick up issue. We do ask our customers to wait outside for the tour vehicle or at least step outside their hotel when they see a vehicle parking at the premises. Our team is running on a tight schedule during pick ups and we very much appreciate you understand how going inside every hotel and looking for every single customer would extend the time of the pick up. By waiting outside you are not only showing appreciation and respect to our guides but also to other customers, who are still waiting to be picked up and to those who are already sitting inside the tour bus and anticipating to embark on the adventure they've been looking forward so much.

Reviewed March 11, 2020

I did golden circle and snowmobiling with Peter and Jessie and I had the best experience ever. Peter was very informative and patient for everyone with a good sense of humor. "If your guide is strong then you are strong". We stopped at Thingvelir National Park, Geysir and Gullfoss waterfall. The glacier for snowmobilling was amazing and I really enjoyed driving snowmobile there . Peter and Jessie were very knowledgeable, friendly, open for questions and very highly trained. Everything was super carefully explained. They made me feel comfortable throughout the whole experience. We had hot chocolate and biscuits waiting for us after snowmobile. It’s one of the best trips I have ever been on in my life. The entire tour from the pickup till the drop off was safe. I would definitely recommend this experienece with Peter, Jessie and Arctic Adventures. Well done guys .

Date of experience: March 2020
Laura S, Customer Care at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2020

Dear Diver990,

Thank you for such a positive feedback. We greatly appreciate it!

The team at Arctic Adventures is thrilled you’re so happy with your tour. We do have fantastic guides that help our customers to have the best memories.

We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Best regards,
Laura S.

Reviewed March 11, 2020 via mobile

We went with 2 kids (10&11yrs) and all really enjoyed the your. pick up was right on time, 4x4 minibus was comfy and modern and was great for the off road part to get to snowmobiling (also had USB charging points which was helpful . Tour guide (Ingi or Inki) was great and very professional. The golden circle tour was very interesting and some great photo opportunities. Gulfoss waterfall was my favourite stop and very spectacular although very cold and windy. The snowmobiling part was great fun and we got to see part of a glacier up close which I wasn’t expecting. Definitely Recommended.

Reviewed March 11, 2020

We had a great trip out into the winter wonderland of Iceland. The guides were really knowledgeable and well skilled at leading groups. They all drove brilliantly in fairly harsh conditions and were interactive throughout the tour by telling stories and answering questions. I would recommend Arctic Adventures, they have a range of options for different tours. Having seen other companies transport options I would say that Arctic Adventures are at the nicer end of the spectrum for tours.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed March 11, 2020

You start by getting dressed in a warm suit and then proceed to getting your dry suit on. It is quite difficult and by no means is it comfortable and restrict movement quite a lot. Be warned - you are in all of this gear for quite a while and we were stood around in the snow so bring your hat and gloves whilst you are waiting. You are roughly waiting 45 minutes from suiting up before actually getting into the water. There is a system in the national park and guides are told when their slot is. Annoying, but this is to ensure that when you are in the water you see no one else apart from the other 5 that are in your group - a good system but means you are in the suit for a long time.
Getting in the water is not difficult and I didn't really notice the cold, you walk down the steps and are instantly buoyant so you do not need to worry about how you will swim. You check your snorkelling equipment and then get going. Our guide Kevin was amazing from start to finish. there is a small current so at one point you have to stay close to the rock but this is not much of a problem as long as you can kick your legs. Kevin spoke us through everything and was always on hand if you needed anything.
The water is very cold on your fingers and mine went numb within about 5 minutes but those first 5 minutes were tough, you soon learn not to move your fingers about as it lets even colder water into your gloves. Swimming with your hand behind your back is my best advice. I didn't feel it so much on my face because I was so amazed by what I was seeing below me and how amazing the visibility was.
I took a GoPro Hero Session but because the water was so cold I have about 15 minutes of footage, out of the 35/40 minutes you are there. We also bought the GoPro images from Arctic Adventure at the end of the session which was roughly £18 and there were some good ones but I would recommend taking a gopro, videoing the whole thing and then taking stills as you cannot click the on/off button much as your movement is restricted and your fingers will be incredibly cold by moving it all the time.
If you are thinking about booking this tour then absolutlely do it, this was our best day trip (combined tour with Golden Circle) that we did in Iceland! Whats better, they provide you with hot chocolate and biscuits at the end!