Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $145.11
from $120.93
from $81.77
8,031 results
All reviews extreme iceland glacier hike golden circle day tour northern lights dry suit ice cave south coast the bus small group diamond beach the black sand beach tour company an adventure other companies cancelled due hot chocolate
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2020

I am appalled at this company, their customer service and would not recommend them to anyone.

We booked the 2pm 'Into the Blue' snorkel at 6am the morning of the tour. As the weather in Iceland can be unpredictable, especially in winter, we wanted to make sure the tour would be on, and the forecast for the day was to be good.

We began our journey to the snorkel meeting area leaving plenty of time to arrive. When we were only 15 minutes away (and were going to be 45 minutes early for the tour) the weather took a turn for the worse and the road we were on closed. We were told to turn back as it would be dangerous to continue. I called the company straight away to explain what had happened and that we were now having to take a 1.5hr detour and would miss the tour. I asked for a refund as it was not our fault that the road had closed and completely out of our control.
I was told by the first lady I spoke to that she "could not see that the road was closed" so therefore stated that we needed to make the tour on time, even thought I was looked at a road closed sign.

I then spoke to another lady who hung up on me while I am attempting to explain the situation.

I was already upset and disappointed to miss the tour as we were both looking forward to it and to be treated so poorly by the team was just adding insult to injury. The fact that we were abiding by the road closures and not driving in dangerous conditions should not have be punished by this company.

I finally spoke to a manger and was told that they would review the case and get back to me. This is the email I received
"Arctic Adventures is not responsible for expenses and/or other related costs due to factors outside of its control, such as flight delays, changes and or cancellations, injuries, weather, war, natural disasters etc. and/or other unforeseeable matters.
​As my colleague has mentioned earlier, unfortunately, we are unable to issue any refund."

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY! I have worked in the adventure tourism industry for over 7 years and never have I known a company to not give refunds for things outside of the customers control.
Not only is this shocking customer service the way I was spoken to on the phone was also appalling.

2  Thank smcc93
Laura S, Customer Care at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2020

Dear smcc93,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your experience with us. We welcome all feedback both positive as well as negative as it helps us improve our overall operations.

As I know you had your tour at 2 pm, this is the last departure of the day for snorkeling tour. We offered you to reschedule for another day but you didn't have time.

Unfortunately, as per our Terms and Conditions: "You as the traveler are responsible for arriving to the meeting point in time for your tour. This includes being ready at the correct time at the correct location in time for your adventure tour. Arctic Adventures will provide you with information about the meeting point for your tour on your voucher which is provided upon booking".

You can also check road.is website to see where the roads are closed and see alternative roads.

I am very sorry for this unfortunate situation.

Reviewed February 16, 2020

This is one of the best tours I’ve done with arctic adventures. I was fortunate to have a small group and our guide, Meg, was an absolute legend! The hike and climb were challenging but Meg was always making sure we were okay and having a great time. The glacier itself and the views were incredible. The company have boots for you to hire which were comfortable enough. The waterfall stops on the way are also spectacular and there’s plenty of time for photos. Highly recommend this tour for anyone wanting to get out of your comfort zone and have an amazing experience.

Reviewed February 15, 2020

Myself, husband,son and his girlfriend booked this tour. Our first tour was cancelled due to the weather but Arctic adventures rebooked us for the next day with no problem. The staff are friendly and helpful. we decided to pay the extra to have a snowmobile solo, well worth the experience. The views are out of this world and the trip to the glacier in the monster trucks is an experience all of its own. highly recommend to anyone, just one tip if you are unsure of driving solo definitely go as a passenger as i found a little scary, maybe because i've never even driven a motorbike let alone a snowmobile.

1  Thank Deb L
Reviewed February 15, 2020 via mobile

I booked a number of tours with extreme Iceland for my holiday. Arctic adventures is the actual company taking you around. Cyclone Denis came through on Friday 14th February and understandably tours were cancelled on the day (refund pending). On 13th, I asked about tours for the 15th and did not get a response. Late Friday afternoon I received an email advising tour is also cancelled for Saturday. I quickly called to try and re-work my remaining tours but they refused to cancel the ones still going ahead (unless they get cancelled too). So I’m disappointed they wouldn’t be helpful citing their cancellation policy. I have to be understanding about the weather, but they don’t.

3  Thank twoinf

Dear twoinf,

Thank you for your feedback.

That is correct, Arctic Adventures and Extreme Iceland are the same company. Both companies (and some others) are a part of Arctic Family.

Unfortunately, all of our tours on Feb. 14th were cancelled due to weather. The refund may take up to 3-10 days, excluding weekends and how soon you'll see the refund in your bank statement depends on your bank.

On the 13th we didn't know if we are cancelling tours on 15th since the weather in Iceland cannot be predicted and we only know the evening before. Unfortunately, some of the tours had to be cancelled on Feb. 15th as well. Due to unfavourable weather conditions.

If the tours are going ahead we cannot cancel them for free since we need a 24-hour notice for a full refund. You got familiarized with these rules when booking the tour.

We hope you can understand that weather is something totally outside of our control and we do our best not to cancel tours but sometimes we just have to.

We hope you enjoyed your time in Iceland despite these misunderstandings.

Reviewed February 14, 2020

Having travelled to Iceland for a long weekend with friends, we booked (via Extreme Iceland) onto Arctic Adventures' Golden Circle and Snowmobiling tour.

Part way into the tour the minibus got a puncture, resulting in a 1.5 hour wait in the middle of nowhere. Finally, after the tyre was replaced, we were then informed that the snowmobiling had been cancelled over safety concerns. Whilst safety is of course the number 1 priority, it meant we ended up with the basic golden circle tour - BUT without being refunded accordingly!

The shortfall in the refund meant we paid almost DOUBLE the advertised price for the golden circle tour without the snowmobiling. I would strongly recommend that people use other tour companies if they want fair and reasonable service and value. What was their alternative option on the day? ... "we can stop for ice cream". Daylight robbery!

1  Thank CRHorne

Dear CRHorne,

I would like to confirm that on the weekend we have received your question regarding the refund and a screenshot has been sent to you of the processed refund. As I understand you're not satisfied with the refund amount. We received your complaint on the weekend so we will look into it as soon as the office opens. We are grateful for your patience.