Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier

Book in advance
from
$90.73
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $90.73
from $157.97
from $117.41
from $92.86
9,306 results
All reviews glacier hike blue ice tour golden circle day tour northern lights ice climbing dry suit south coast silfra fissure the bus lava tube super jeep small group hiking boots tectonic plates diamond beach the black sand beach
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2017

The experience was absolutely fabulous. Thanks to the beautifull weather the visibility was remarkable. As beginning snorkler we were well informed before going into the water, and the company of the guides in the water was comforting.
All we needed to do was enjoying the gliding through the Silfra Crack.
So happy we did this !!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Our family of four: two adults and two children ages 8 and 11 did the Volcano Veins tour with Extreme Iceland. Extreme Iceland is the agency that organizes the tours but other smaller vendors perform all the tours. This particular tour was done by Arctic Adventures.

The cave was amazing, a 5, but the rating was reduced due to the following:

1. The guide, Crazy Sven(?), was unprofessional. He was smoking pipe the whole time, including in the van and in the cave. He was swearing in front of everyone and my kids: "f$cking tourists" when talking about tourists stepping on moss in Iceland or "it's your f$cking language" when he could not pronounce one word and I helped him. Lots of use of word "sh@t" too.

2. He drove extremely unsafe, speeding all the time. We did not feel safe in the van.

3. He was stretching the tour and being extremely slow, smoking and sitting in the cave when everyone was already done. He didn't have much to say and whatever he was saying was the bare basics and not very interesting. I was pretty bored.

4. The van and equipment were old.

1  Thank AnnaWest24
RagnheidurHarp, Director of Social Media at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear AnnaWest24,
first let me thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We do appreciate getting all feedback from our tours although we are deeply disappointed to read of your experience during your tour with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome, we do extend it with all sincerity.
This level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned party. This behaviour will not be tolerated and we will seriously look into this.
If you could send me an email to ragnheidur@adventures.is so I can get more details and make sure this never happens again.

Again we are so sorry about this and hope to hear from you soon.

Ragnheiður.

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

The cave was amazing, a 5, but the rating was reduced due to the following:

1. The guide was unprofessional. He was smoking pipe the whole time, including in the van and in the cave. He was swearing in front of everyone and my kids: "f$cking tourists" when talking about tourists stepping on moss in Iceland or "it's your f$cking language" when he could not pronounce one word and I helped him. Lots of use of word "sh@t" too.

4. The van and equipment were very old.

1  Thank AnnaWest24
ExtremeIceland02, Public Relations Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Dear AnnaWest24,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience on the caving tour. For us and our guides, the safety and enjoyment of the customer is a top priority, so this is something we are very sorry to hear about and is absolutely not up to our standard. Can you please send us more information about your tour via email, e.g. your departure date and such to it@extremeiceland.is so we can look into this further.

kind regards,
The Extreme Iceland team

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

I went diving Silfra with Arctic adventures. The trip could have been a disaster, I am afraid of the cold and my rather tatty dry suit they provided flooded during my first dive. I was freezing, disorientated, probably in the early stages of hypothermia because I lost the ability to think straight. Yet this is a positive review. My dive guide, Nick, totally rescued the experience. He held my hand through the first disastrous dive, got me prepared for the second with new kit and a pep talk which led me to one of the most amazing dives of my life. So, unbelievable staff, slightly dodgy kit (which is why this review gets 4 stars only). I would come back in a moment because of the amazing staff, who took my broken wet suit out of service and made sure 40 more were ordered.

I wonder if it is possible to avoid dry suits flooding, and whether more could be done, I don't know. However, I can say that in all my years diving I have never met a more intelligent, thoughtful, interesting, informative and supportive dive master than Nick. He is a real asset to the company and make sure you book this dive with him as your guide!

Date of experience: July 2017
RagnheidurHarp, Director of Social Media at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear Sarah B,
Thank you so much for leaving us this review. The dry suits can be tricky and that's why we now only allow divers to join with dry suit certification. The first time can be like you said, difficult but our guides are such experts at this but that doesn't explain the leaking suit which we are very sorry about!
I have shown this to Nick and he is so happy and hopes to see you again diving at Silfra!
Thank you so much for joining our tour!

Ragnheiður and the team.

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

The rafting portion of this trip was phenomenal. Great guides, a lot of fun and beautiful scenery!

However, it's nearly a 2 hour drive to get to the river (4 hours round trip), takes around an hour for everyone to hear instructions and get changed, and another 20 minutes to the starting point. Now of course the company cannot help how far Reykjavik is from the river, but this is to let people know nearly your entire day will be consumed by traveling and getting ready for 90 minutes of rafting - might be worth it to you, might not.

Also, a couple more points. The wetsuits and gear are very smelly and didn't seem to be washed often. We took an old school bus to the starting point which was making odd beeping sounds and seemed to need servicing. Last, once we were done and everyone showered and changed, a good portion of the group was ready to go but we were told we had to wait for the entire group to be ready, which proved problematic because some had ordered beer tasting flights and food. There is no absolute end-time, it's just when the group is ready. Luckily there were some very adamant participants who had dinner reservations or younger children and needed to get back to Reykjavik, but we still didn't get back until about 9PM.

Dear Christine501,
thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We appreciate getting all feedback.
We are sorry if your expectations were not met but the length of the drive is listed within the description of the tour on the website which we encourage people to read before joining. The old school bus is well looked after but we will, of course, make extra sure what the beep might have been. About the gear, we do take excellent care of it but it's used 2x a day and we cannot wash it in between. These are though very valid point you give and we will look into all of them.
Thank you again for the feedback and thank you for joining our tour.

All the best,
Ragnheiður and the Arctic Team.