Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier

Book in advance
from
$90.73
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $90.73
from $157.97
from $117.41
from $92.86
9,306 results
All reviews glacier hike blue ice tour golden circle day tour northern lights ice climbing dry suit south coast silfra fissure the bus lava tube super jeep small group hiking boots tectonic plates diamond beach the black sand beach
Selected filters
Reviewed May 25, 2017

We really enjoyed the Into the Blue Snorkeling Tour. We drive from Reykjavik that morning to the snorkeling site, which took about 1 hour. We easily followed the parking directions using Google Maps and found the Arctic Adventures van to start suiting up! We put on a cozy warm insulated suit (except for our hands and feet) and then put on a dry suit. No one in our group got any water inside their dry suit, which was great. Your hands and face are the only things that get wet. My hands were VERY cold but if you keep them above the water and/or don't move them too much, that helps. It does not matter what time of the year you do this tour because the water is 2-3 degrees year-round. There is a slight current that took us downstream in the water, which was crystal clear and very beautiful. With the dry suit on, you just float on top of the water. After that, we did a short swim to a lagoon where we swam around for a few minutes. Our guides were excellent and they helped us with our suits, explained the geography of the area, and gave us hot chocolate and cookies at the end. After this, we actually drove to the airport and flew home, so this trip is easily doable before a late afternoon flight! Even though it is cold, I highly recommend this tour!

Date of experience: May 2017
Ragnheidur H, Director of Social Media at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Dear reiamii,
what a wonderful way to start a day by reading through your great experience with us.
We are so happy to know that you enjoyed yourself so much on the snorkeling tour.
Like you said perfect for a pre flight tour!
Hope you can join us again soon.
All the best,
Ragnheiður.

Reviewed May 25, 2017

At the start I was a bit worried that I would not be able to do the walking on the ice. The tour guide was fantastic. She helped me and made me feel very safe.

It was a fantastic experience, both beautiful and educational!

I highly recommend Extreme Iceland!!

1  Thank FromSharonMA
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

That was the best Tour we could get! We had an nice group an the freakin BEST GUIDE on iceland - Swanish ( i hope to wirte the name right ) ! We realy loved him! Nice infomations, nice climbing, the best of routes though/above the ice! Perhaps the most amazing event ob our iceland-tour! Thank you very much Swanish!!!

Date of experience: May 2017
Ragnheidur H, Director of Social Media at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Dear Clay Z,
thank you so much for taking the time to write us this beautiful review. We are stoked to see how much you experience meant and that you had such a fantastic time.
Svanur really is such a great guide and I have just shared this review with him and the team on the staff site. Thank you so much for all your kind words! :)

Reviewed May 23, 2017

The 8-hr private golden circle tour was an excellent way to get an overview of that Iceland is all about. Jonas, the guide, was very knowledgeable and patient. The trip was relaxed and not rushed. Would recommend this one to anyone who has only a day or 2 in Iceland and would not like touring in a big group.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

There's so much to tell as I did a number of their tours (so... I can't speak to other tour companies!) They have a range of guides, I had at least 3 Icelandic guides, and one fantastic Scottish guide. I felt like i saw so much of Iceland as a solo traveller that I might not have: south coast and glacial lagoon & hike (easy enough for anyone 'normally' fit); volcanic veins caving tour; west coast which also included a volcanic cave and the archetypal golden circle. I did Golden Circle last, and was a little more shocked by the 'tourist tax' of paying for bathrooms, which was less common in more remote location. The vehicles by EI are all equipped with wifi, for live posting and tweeting! There's enough space for the baggage on overnight buses. They are great at pick ups, and I noticed many others were at AirBnBs and similar and it worked fine. The weather was pretty crisp and cool, and worse in wind, and rain, but it was such a beautiful landscape, you can't fault mother natures weather!

1  Thank aussiesnosie