Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier

Book in advance
from
$90.73
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $90.73
from $157.97
from $117.41
from $92.86
9,306 results
All reviews glacier hike blue ice tour golden circle day tour northern lights ice climbing dry suit south coast silfra fissure the bus lava tube super jeep small group hiking boots tectonic plates diamond beach the black sand beach
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful and unforgettable experience. One of our group dived and two of us snorkeled - we all had an experience that will last a life time. We were lucky to be in a small group so everything was very personal. Everybody involved in the operation was friendly and helpful - but a particular shout out to our guide, Westin, who was phenomenal - he was very knowledgable and clearly very experienced. The meeting point was at the main Visitor Center (the one on the main road through the park, NOT the one in car park 1). We were transported in a mini-bus to the dive site where there were a team of people who helped us gear up. An insulated base layer is provided (you wear your own thermal base clothing under this). Next, into the dry suit which is an experience in its own rite; the staff help you suit up and make sure everything is snug so as to not have any leaks. In the water, I found that your body stays warm but you feel the cold on you face and hands. My clothes stayed dry, though water does get into the gloves (by design) and my hair was wet - but it's not a big deal.

The experience itself was amazing. You really must bring a GoPro or other underwater camera - the water is crystal clear and we all got some really nice shots. As our group was so small there was no rush in getting out of the water. Once we did get out, the team was quick to help get the gear off so we could relayer with our clothes, hats, gloves and boots. We were given cookies and warm coco which was very welcome. There is also a bathroom on site. There are several companies out there offering similar packages, but I can't say enough about Scuba Iceland (scuba.is) and Westin in particular for delivering an experience which we will talk about for years to come. In summary, I can highly recommend diving/snorkelling with this company.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

Snorkeling in Silfra was an absolutely amazing experience!! First let me say that yes it was cold, but really how many times will you ever have an opportunity like this? The team was awesome and knowledgeable and patient and very helpful. I must say that I would not recommend this for anyone under 5'4" because they suits they have are WAY too big (I am 5'1'') so my suit did have a leak and I wound up very wet. Wear under armor and bring an additional base layer and underwear in case you wind up getting wet (very glad I did!!)

Definitely recommend to anyone and everyone who loves adventurous different activities and don't mind the cold!

Reviewed March 12, 2017

Our guides, Ivan and Carlos, were great! Very upbeat and attentive to our interests and needs. The underwater scenery is spectacular, but very different from tropical snorkeling.

Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

We took the sensational Iceland tour with the glacier hike! Our guide's name was David and he was fantastic for the whole trip stopping along the way to let us get beautiful pictures of the Icelandic scenery! The glacier hike was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and by far the highlight of my trip to Iceland. David was so knowledgeable and kept us safe and made sure we had fun throughout the day! Definitely recommend this tour!

1  Thank Sinead M
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on the Golden Circle and snorkelling tour and had a fantastic day! Our tour guide was brilliant and it was great being on a mini bus as we got to speak to lots of cool travellers! Snorkelling in Silfra was a once in a lifetime experience so definitely worth the extra money to do it!

1  Thank Sinead M
Ragnheidur H, Director of Social Media at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Dear Sinead M,
thank you oh so much for taking the time to write us this beautiful review.
It really means a lot to us that you felt like sharing.
You chose an excellent tour to see the best of Iceland and we feel so lucky that you picked us to take you.

Have a great day,