Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $288.42
from $193.04
from $82.89
2,373 results
All reviews ice climbing glacier hike blue ice blue tour river rafting golden circle northern lights day tour lava caving silfra fissure dry suit hiking boots south coast the bus lava tube small group super jeep
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

Had booked a 4 day tour! The south and west tour was both amazing! Especially our tour guide Oliver! He is literally the best! And thanks to him we saw one of them best Northern Lights! Thank you Oliver!

1  Thank Yash2408
Ragnheidur H, Director of Social Media at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2017

Dear Yash2408,

we are happy to read you had a stunning trip and enjoyed the beautiful Northern Lights!
We are thrilled to have such great guides like Oliver in our team.

Thank you for leaving this review!

Kind regards

Reviewed February 16, 2017

Did this tour in January when it was snowing a lot. It was a great experience. Guide provided a lot of information of each site that we went to. Driving in snow on slippery road must be hard, but our guide was very safe with his driving and still got us through all the sites on the itinerary. Snorkeling at the Silfra was definitely a YOLO experience. There's no where else that you could do this. Most people might think that snorkel in this sort of weather is a crazy act, it definitely isn't. Outdoor weather was -12 degree Celcius on that day, whereas water temperature is above freezing point, so it was actually warmer to be in the water! Water was very clean and clear, you can actually drink it! Definitely recommend everyone to do this tour. If you've come so far to this island full of adventures, you have to do things that you don't get to do outside of here, and this is the one!

Date of experience: January 2017

Dear Melissa C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your wonderful experience.
Iceland is indeed an island full of adventures and has beautiful sights that needs to be discovered. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your snorkeling adventure at the Silfra!

Kind regards

Reviewed February 15, 2017

I'm giving it 5 stars because I survived it AND our guide (Anula) totally had my back. I'm writing this as a 55 year old woman with lots of arthritis and not used to long walks, let alone on hard ice We booked an ice cave tour and my thought was they would drive us to the base of the glacier, we'd go into a cave and learn some cool stuff, then head out. Not so. I had absolutely no business being up there, but I sucked it up because I wanted to climb a glacier (that probably won't be there in another 10 years). If you go, know that there's a lot of walking involved, even before you get to the glacier. Lots of it is at a decent incline. You have to think about every step. One split second of not paying attention and my crampon got caught on my pants and down I went. I mean I didn't fall DOWN a glacier, but I did fall ON a glacier, and ice being ice, it's hard. Coming down was difficult because my legs were like rubber and I was feeling the fall. BUT, on the upside, I found if I took my sons arm (just lightly) it was enough reassurance that I wasn't going down again. That made things way easier. When we got back to the bottom of the ice, Anula suggested I take the jeep with her back to the bus, so that cut about a mile and a half off my trip. I KIND of wanted to finish it out, but I was done. Hey, I climbed a glacier....and didn't die.

3  Thank ZroseZ
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Thank you to Oliver at Arctic Adventures for making our experience spectacular!!

Every minute of every day & night was filled with awesome site-seeing, great walks and Breath-taking views!!

The whole Trip was perfectly organised!
The hotels we stayed in were very comfortable too with good food.

Oliver made the whole Trip extra special by taking us to some of his favourite, yet lesser - known spots , so that we will always remember Iceland as one of the most uniquely beautiful places we have ever had the privilege of experiencing.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank Orly M
Ragnheidur H, Director Social Media at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2017

Dear Orly M,

We are very happy to hear you had a great time during the tour and discovered Iceland in a breathtaking way! We are thankful to have such wonderful guides in our team like Oliver.

Thank you for this review, always delighted to read messages like this.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Omg what a day first paliment lake . Ok not so hot . Then on to hot spings and geysirs . Getting better . On to spectacular waterfalls . Great . But then 50 mins in what i can only describe as serious army trucks traversing up a white wonderland to the glacier for snow mobiles . Wow wow wow wgat agreat way to travel over snow 50 km per hour first my wife drove and never have i clung on for my life . Ice found out she us a bigger speed freak than me . You get about an hour on rhe glacier. And please believe the guys at artic adventures are THE best . They were everywhere looking after you . Never once did you feel unsafe . Please go . And when you do go with these guys .if i say this experience was the best thing in iceland . Even topping the blue lagoon and the northern lights

1  Thank tigerstar57

Dear tigerstar57,

we are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience exploring the golden circle and glacier snowmobile tour. It is important for us that all the customers feel safe during the excursion.

Thank you for your enthusiastic review!

Best regards