Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier

Book in advance
from
$90.73
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $90.73
from $157.97
from $117.41
from $92.86
9,306 results
All reviews glacier hike blue ice tour golden circle day tour northern lights ice climbing dry suit south coast silfra fissure the bus lava tube super jeep small group hiking boots tectonic plates diamond beach the black sand beach
Selected filters
Reviewed January 27, 2017

My family went on Extreme Iceland's 2 day/1 night tour to the Snæfellsnes Peninsula in January 2017. It was a fantastic trip! The things you see and time spent at each site varies greatly because of the every-changing Icelandic winter weather, but our guide Holly led an amazing trip. I would highly recommend this tour in the winter, and I'm sure it would've been equally as great during the well-lit months.
Also, as an aside, Extreme Iceland's website is the most detailed tour website I've ever encountered for Icelandic tours, and I have combed through A LOT of websites! Great job all around.

2  Thank Dom412
Reviewed January 26, 2017

We did see the Golden waterfall and other interesting sights on our tour with Arctic Adventures; but the lava cave was the highlight of the tour for my husband and me. The scenery around the entrance was beautiful. We repelled down a rope, just a short distance but it was a little icy, but that was the beginning of a wonderful adventure. Our guide was terrific, knowledgeable, and helpful. The inside of the lava cave was so beautiful and unique.

Date of experience: January 2017
Ragnheidur H, Director of Social Media at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Dear Kathryn S,

So happy to know that you enjoyed your tour with us. We agree with you completely the lava cave is such a beautiful and unique place to visit.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. It means a lot.
Hope to show you more of Iceland one day.

All the best,

Reviewed January 26, 2017

Norris and Biggi picked us up promptly and were huge fun. They really tried to help everyone climb the ice wall if they so desired. Many folks made it to the top because they were so encouraging. In fact, they even found a slightly more challenging wall for those who really wanted to do it again. They went out of their way to make the day fun and to show us a good time. They even found an ice cave for us to check out. Most incredible day. If you can't walk for long periods, this may not be the tour for you. It is an all day tour. These guys totally rock!

Dear Amelia L,

thank you so much for writing us this review, your opinion means a lot to us.
We are stoked to know that you enjoyed your experience with us Norris and Biggi sure are great guides! I'll be sure to pass the message to them.
We hope to show you more of Iceland one day,

Reviewed January 26, 2017

Amazing experience. My fiance and I were the only ones that booked the 10am hike so it was essentially a private tour. Our guide "Siggy" filled us with amazing information about the glacier and Iceland. He has his PHD in mountain rescue so we felt very safe. This tour is for someone who wants to experience the beauty of walking on a glacier without ever feeling unsafe and I highly recommend it if you are on a budget. The tour is a 5 minute drive from the meeting point at Freynes gas station and the road to the glacier was actually built to accommodate films crews for Batman Begins (They call the road the "batman road"). If glacier hiking is on your bucket list, and you are not an experienced hiker, then this is a great tour. Booking is easy online and they provide ice crampons, helmet and ice pick for free. Bring hiking shoes or you may have to rent them (also available online). We stayed in Vik so the drive was an early, dark 2 hours to the destination but wasnt so bad. I would recommend staying closer just in case the weather gets unsuitable for driving.

3  Thank Dave J
Reviewed January 25, 2017

My wife and I had a fantastic time on all the tours supplied by Artic adventures. We were led by experienced guides who couldn't do enough for you. We were unsure if we were able to do the glacier hike but we both managed it and we're both around 50!. Visiting the lava caves was very good, got to do a bit of pot-holing, ice wall climbing and seeing things very few people have. I can thoroughly recommend Artic adventures if you want a slightly different holiday to the normal sight- seeing in Iceland.

Dear BrianRM70JA,

thank you so much for leaving us theses beautiful words about your experience with us.
We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your tours with Arctic Adventures.
We hope to welcome you back one day to show you more of Iceland.

All the best,