Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier

Book in advance
from
$90.73
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $90.73
from $157.97
from $117.41
from $92.86
9,306 results
All reviews glacier hike blue ice tour golden circle day tour northern lights ice climbing dry suit south coast silfra fissure the bus lava tube super jeep small group hiking boots tectonic plates diamond beach the black sand beach
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2016

Iceland is just full of beautiful nature which is why it is my favourite place I have ever visited. In February I travelled around Iceland with 5 of my girlfriends and loved every second of the trip. By far, our highlight was snorkelling Silfra, it was mind-blowing. The staff were super friendly and were up for a laugh with us as well as making sure we were safe. Silfra itself is beyond beautiful, nothing like I have ever witnessed before. I was worried that I was going to struggle as I am not a strong swimmer, however the dry suits keep you buoyant which meant I barely swam at all. The only thing I think Arctic Adventures could improve on is their organisation/meeting point, it was quite confusing and unclear. I would love to snorkel Silfra again and if I did I would make sure I booked again with Arctic Adventures.

Date of experience: February 2016
Kristján Karl B, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful Iceland experience and your snorkeling trip with us in Silfra!
The Dive Silfra staff are really passionate and love to have fun while so its great to hear your time with them was enjoyable and safe. The dry suits keep you perfectly afloat with the weights on them so you don't really have to swim just let yourself float between the tectonic plates downstream.
The meeting point is sometimes a bit confusing because their is a visitors center at Þingvellir close by the information center which is the meeting point for Dive Silfra and we will see if there is anything we can do to clarify this even more.

Thanks again for the kinds words and we will love to have you again!

All the best,
Kristján
Content Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2016

I went on the glacier walk with arctic adventures on Sólheimajökull, as part of a wider south shores tour, arranged through another company. This was a fantastic experience - a great way to see yet more of Iceland's amazing geological features. I'm really glad I did this as, although the glacier was impressive to see from the sidelines, it was even moreso once you were on top of it. We saw the undulating icy hills, striking black ash deposits and terrifying deep glacial fissures, as well as drinking cool, refreshing glacial water.

Our guide, Andrea, was very friendly and enthusiastic and spoke knowledgeably about the glacier, including information on its shrinkage and the discussions around to what extent this was a natural or manmade process. She definitely made the walk even more enjoyable and worthwhile.

I should also compliment Arctic Adventures on being well-organised. Andrea and her colleague were ready and waiting at the glacier whenever we rocked up on our tour bus, ready to get us suited up and off to the glacier as quickly as possible.

Thanks very much!

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank amblingpangolin

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your Glacier hike with us on Sólheimajökull!
It is true that you can't fully appreciate the glacier and its surrounding until you go on top of it. Sólheimajökull is such a great place to go hiking on a glacier because of the diverse surroundings like you mentioned. I see you were able to take in from Andrea some of her vast knowledge of the area and she will be happy you took note! :)

Thanks again for the kind words and joining us on our adventure!

All the best,
Kristján
Content Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2016

We really hate doing trips with big groups but when we went to Iceland we booked a 3 days trip with extreme Iceland. We were very sceptics about this choice but at the end they changed our thoughts about group’s trip. It was really nice, our guide friendly (rajna, sorry I do not know her Icelandic name) and everything was stunning. Worth to choose this company they are really professionals.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Jose Antonio E
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

Our guide Richard was really really good and knowledgeable. He also helped us one by one with the dry suits, because they are quite a pain to put on! And briefed us well prior to getting into the cold water.
It's a great company to go with if you're either going to snorkel or dive at the silfra. Overall it was an insanely memorable experience

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

We booked two excursions - Northern Lights and Golden Circle Express.
Inevitably, the first Lights tour was cancelled (too much cloud), but they were efficient in letting us know and rebooking.
On the rebooked tour the guide found the lights before we could see them, although they were quite faint and then took us to a second location to see them better.
We returned back in good time (to our relief as we had an early start the next day).
Our Golden Circle Express guide was Ingo, who was charismatic and entertaining the whole time. Obviously the Express tour did not allow loads of time at each location, but that suited us well.
Ultimately, we saw what we wanted and expected and were entertained along the way with some great stories.

Date of experience: September 2016