Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier

Book in advance
from
$90.73
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $90.73
from $157.97
from $117.41
from $92.86
9,306 results
All reviews glacier hike blue ice tour golden circle day tour northern lights ice climbing dry suit south coast silfra fissure the bus lava tube super jeep small group hiking boots tectonic plates diamond beach the black sand beach
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

I had an awesome time on the golden circle tour! We stopped at many more place than the other tour companies, including some that were off the beaten path. Tour guides were extremely knowledgable, friendly and accommodating to our schedules.

The Volcanic Veins tour was also good, not as much as a highlight as the golden circle but if you have half a day to kill and you've seen all the other sites then definitely give it a go!

1  Thank 722alexl
Reviewed October 13, 2016

The park needs to invest. I understand they need to preserve but this was ridiculous.
You change in a parking lot with a table. Hopefully, they bring your right size equipment.
Then...with all of your gear on...you walk across a road, down a path and sit in an area until you descend the stairs. Lovely entrance.

Except my suit leaked when I got in the water and I had to abort the dive. Now I am freezing AND I have to haul my gear back..but fortunately someone took pity and helped. There was no indoor warming place! Only the van. Bring an extra set of clothes. You have to change in the van because the bathroom is not large enough..ok..very tight..to change with a wet floor.

THATS the easy part. I may have been lucky. To exit the dive..600 ft...with your tank on your back and your gear back to the parking lot. OMG..where is the tram?? How about a cart?? ANYTHING! Moral of this story? Until they have a better way to transport our gear..SNORKEL IT! Not only is it the same view..its half the price and not as strenuous.

As for the site itself? Gorgeous! Clear water and when you are thirsty..you can just drink it!

Date of experience: September 2016
Kristján Karl B, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your diving experience at Silfra.
The National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage site and unfortunately we are not allowed to build anything at the park or use equipment like carts that cause erosion at the site. This is something some people find appealing about Silfra how everything is so well preserved.
We are proud to have equipment of the highest standard that is renewed every 2 years and we are very sorry to hear that your suit leaked. We have back up suits at the site, which you should be able to get to go for another dive. Please send us more information about this to info@divesilfra.is so that we can look into what happened in your case.

It is worth noting that on our site it does state:
Difficulty: 4 out of 5 possible. Rated: Demanding
For those that want a less demanding experience then like you say snorkeling is the better option.

Thanks again for your feedback as it is greatly appreciated and we hope to hear from you to resolve any issues that are at hand.

All the best,
Kristján
Content Manager

Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

The entire tour was very well done, we got to see everything and even a exciting off road adventure ride on a glacier. Our Guide Teitur was incredible, he was very knowledgeable and funny , the weather was not great but we still had a wonderful time, it was unforgettable.

1  Thank Kateredkanines
Reviewed October 12, 2016

thorsmock is best experience I have in last Iceland trip, and it's great outdoor. 30+km super jeep drive plus around 17km hiking in aftermath of volcano, slot canyon, top of mountain.

1  Thank Chengyu Z
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Wow! You guys totally rock!! I did several tours with you while on my 10day adventure. "Black and blue" was one of my favourites, the guides are ace and arrange everything from pick up and drop off to ensure your life time experience is at its up most best. I couldn't recommend this company more.

Date of experience: November 2015
Kristján Karl B, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this great feedback! Caving and snorkeling on the same day on our Black & Blue tour is one of the better ways to spend the day. A joy for the senses witnessing these unique places and listening to our guides tell the saga from these historic sights is something everyone enjoys.

Thanks again for these kind words and joining our adventure!

All the best,