“Day Hike to Landmannalaugar”
Review of Arctic Adventures

Arctic Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Arctic Adventures is an Icelandic adventure and activity company. We are a bunch of outdoor and adventure fanatics committed to the mission of mixing business and adventure! With an emphasis on eco tourism and environmentally friendly trips, we want to offer the best for our customers to experience in the unique Icelandic nature. We provide tours ranging from exciting River Rafting and Snorkeling in one of the world's clearest waters to Glacier hiking and trekking in some of the most beautiful sceneries Iceland has to offer. Additionally a wide range of other activities is offered to adventurous travelers. Our main office is located in Reykjavik and our two base camps are located close to Geysir and Gullfoss (western Iceland) and in Skaftafell (southeastern Iceland). Go home with a story worth telling!
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Brilliant day had with artic adventures. Both tour guides were informative and sound. Our day tour guide was Inga and she was great. The hike wasn't too strenuous but unless you have proper gear renting boots and waterproofs is required. It was raining and snowing and the luminous orange overalls I got were more than handy. We also got to bathe in the natural hotspring at the base camp which was handy after the hike! The journey from Reykjavik is about 3.5 hours each way so if I was to go again I would do the multi day tour but for a day trip it is still worth the travelling times as most of it is through the highlands!

Date of experience: September 2016
Kristján Karl B, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2016

Hi,

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your Landmannalaugar hike. I will be sure to pass on the kind words to Inga and your details about the trip are right on point so I recommend readers take note. You got some wonderful pictures of the unique landscape at Landmannalaugar as it is out of this world.

Thanks again for telling us about your experience and joining us on this adventure.

Content Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,930)
All reviews
in 63 reviews
"small group"
in 74 reviews

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

Their tour of snorkelling and the golden circle was worth it if you're looking to fit in as many attractions in Iceland as possible. Juan (our tour guide) was very informative and attentive, he was great!
The only downside was that the tour bus arrived 45 mins late and we were not informed so I felt a little worried we would have missed the bus.

Date of experience: August 2016

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your day packed with attractions and adventure. I love your photos and I see you were able to pick some ripe berries for a snack. The transportation is supposed to take up to 30 minutes max to pick everyone up and I am sorry about not notifying about the delay as that is procedure and why it is important to get phone numbers from our clients. I will be sure to pass on the praises to Juan as I am sure he will love to hear the kind words.

Thanks again for telling us about your experience as it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

This day-trip was spectacular and fascinating. Glymur Falls is astonishingly gorgeous and the walk to it was relaxing exercise. My two sons (ages 12 and 14) and I took many photographs and so enjoyed seeing this breathtaking feature of the Icelandic landscape up close. Thingvellir was also extraordinary as both a unique geological location and the site of crucial Viking events. We were glad to cover so much memorable territory in one day (while getting exercise), but now we want to go back to each location and spend more time. Our lovely tour guide Hilmar answered questions about every subject (language, history, rock formations, volcanic activity, life in Iceland, etc.) and was so patient when we lingered and delayed. A trip like this is a success when it makes you want to stay longer and then return. We will definitely be back.

Date of experience: August 2016

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your Glymur hiking tour with us. The Glymur area is a great place for photographs as it is abundant with beautiful landscape, wildlife and of course the waterfall. Thingvellir National Park is also a place where you can spend days exploring and making memories with your family. We are so happy that this trip met your expectations and were able to pick Hilmar's brain as he is full of information on these sites.

Thanks again for the kind words and joining us on this adventure!

Reviewed September 21, 2016

I went glacier hiking and ice climbing on the Solheimajökull glacier, a full day activity. The driver and 'ninja' guide was Kata, a tough young lady while the main guide was Norris, a very funny Swede who kept the group entertained the whole day. The trip is a bit grueling but I think this is the most adventurous day possible. Arctic Adventures makes it special. I would do it again the next time I am in Iceland. I would also recommend it to anyone, subject to fitness.

Hi,

We appreciate you taking your time to review our Blue Ice tour on Sólheimajökull glacier.
This definitely is a day full of adventure and it sounds like you got the perfect combo of guides for the activity.
Thanks again for the high marks and the kind words which I will be sure to pass on to Norris and Kata!