Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $288.42
from $193.04
from $82.89
2,374 results
All reviews ice climbing glacier hike blue ice blue tour river rafting golden circle northern lights day tour lava caving silfra fissure dry suit hiking boots south coast the bus lava tube small group super jeep
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

We had an awesome day covering some of the most beautiful countryside in Iceland. We were a small group of 11 traveling in a van and not a huge bus like most other tours. The geyser was good, the large lake was interesting but the waterfalls were out of this world! Just gorgeous, so loud and full of sound, so magnificent in force and power, it is magnificent!
The snorkeling trip was very interesting. Watching other groups getting ready was a little intimidating but also thrilling. We had great preliminary instructions by the guides associated with the snorkeling. I brought a bathing suit but many wore tights, smart wool, etc., just can't go naked! Putting in the suits is an ordeal carefully orchestrated by the guides, listen to them as they know just what to do! Even with all the warnings about freezing temperatures, I was totally fine all over my body. You float through the crevice with the current sending you mostly but you can kick or use your hands. It was hard to kick but I just used my arms and breast stroke now and then. The underwater world was gorgeous changing from golds to blues. I was almost completely dry upon disrobing my garb while some of the others were a little wet. Well worth it!!

Our driver, Olaf, was EXCELLENT! Informative, pleasant, and professional, Olaf gave us all a great day in Iceland!

Date of experience: August 2016
Kristján Karl B, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time and giving us this wonderful review. Waterfalls in Iceland are one of the must see landmarks and there are lots of them to witness. We try to keep our groups small to have a more personal feel to our trips. It is such an honour to be able to take people on diving and snorkelling tours as it is a natural wonder. Most Icelanders just wear bathing suits underneath so you must have some viking blood in your system! It is always good to bring an extra set of clothes for the snorkelling as there is always a chance of getting a bit wet even though the dry suits are very tight.
Thank you again for telling us about your experience and the kind words.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

I really liked both of the trips I took with Trek: a trekking tour and Into the Blue snorkling. Both were unique and I am so glad I did both of them! The group sizes were small, the tour guides attentive and knowledgable, and the atmosphere relaxed. Both tours were easy for this Scandinavian, but dress properly! I've seen too many people not dressed properly for the colder weather and maybe did not have as good of a time as they could have. The service I received from the office was excellent as well, even after the tour was finished.

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time and telling us about your experience. Trekking and snorkelling are wise choices for tours in Iceland as they are truly unique. Dressing in layers is always important especially when trekking! Thank you again for your kind words and joining us on these adventures.

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I had 3 different tours through this group while in Iceland. The first was the blue ice Glacier trek. It was great fun. Our guide was very encouraging when it came to the ice climbing. I was really glad that I tried it.

The second adventure was the snorkeling trip. Again it was awesome but it would have been helpful to know what to wear. Nothing in the literature said that long underwear or leggings were necessary. Luckily we had met them at the take off point my daughter had some extras in her luggage. Otherwise it would have been a disaster.

After a near miss with the snorkeling trip, I decided to call beforehand to see what we should wear on our trip to landmannalaugar and what the day would consist of. The person said wear layers and that it would be a 2 hour bus ride and a 4hour hike - no mention of a bathing suit and towel or that 2 hours were allocated for the hot springs. You can imagine our disappointment when we realized that we were once again destined to miss a fun experience. Quite luckily again they rented bathing suits - a big basket of suits that others had left behind just find one that fits. We weren't choosy and the hot springs were a great experience. The hike was amazing and our guide was very knowledgeable.

I discovered that I had left a down jacket on the bus for the first tour. I called every day for 3 days and also emailed. They said they would get back to me but never did. They would not let me go to the location of their lost and found. I finally spoke to someone who was very helpful so the jury is still out.

1  Thank cbreetwor

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time in telling us about your experience. The Blue Ice is always a hit as it is packed with fun and unique scenery. The dry suits are very warm but extra thermal wear is always better for those that don't want to keep extra warm. I am glad you enjoyed the trips and everything worked out but all of your points are being taken into consideration. I hope you found your jacket and we greatly appreciate hearing about your experience and have already taken steps to revise the itinerary.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

Did a half day river rafting in the Hvita river which was a level 2. It rained earlier hence there was a lot of water gushing around and the tide was high. We had a great time getting out there and letting the river take us downstream. Instructors were fun and safety was always a primary concern. Altogether it was a great experience especially for first-timers.

Date of experience: July 2016
Kristján Karl B, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Hi,

Thank you for taking your time in giving us this great review. Gullfoss Canyon Rafting is a great place for all skill levels to go rafting and enjoy the unique scenery. I am glad you noticed how seriously we take safety issues as safety always comes first!
Thank you again for joining our adventure and telling us about your experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

I did this hike on the Friday. It was very challenging but rewarding. I really enjoyed all the beauty and serenity. It was secluded and the highlight of my Iceland trip. I really liked the guide. He let us go at our own pace but offered advice when required. A couple of times I got really scared and he was there for me. He offered good advice and held my hand. I never caught his name but I know he just started being a guide a month ago and I wanted to recognize him for his great work and thank him. He really helped me conquer some of my fears!

Date of experience: July 2016
Kristján Karl B, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time in giving us this great review! The Þórsmörk Volcano Hike is indeed one of our more challenging day hikes and is definitely worth it because of the amazing landscape. Well done in going on this hike and conquering your fears. Please send me your booking number and name and I can find out the name of the guide on the trip for you. Thank you again for joining us on this adventure and these kind words. kristjank@adventures.is