Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier

Book in advance
from
$90.73
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $90.73
from $157.97
from $117.41
from $92.86
9,306 results
All reviews glacier hike blue ice tour golden circle day tour northern lights ice climbing dry suit south coast silfra fissure the bus lava tube super jeep small group hiking boots tectonic plates diamond beach the black sand beach
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

While on our honeymoon we wanted to experience the most we could in our time here in Iceland. The Riverjet by far was worth everything. I had no idea what fun it was going to be. Warned us before spinning (which was unreal!) and while flying through the canyon i felt safe and that the operator knew exactly what he was doing. We asked and he has been doing it for over 3,000 hours. Maybe 4,000 tours. Absolutely recommend to anyone who wants to experience something exhilarating and will leave your adrenaline pumping as you get off the boat.

Thank you Iceland Riverjet. Made the last day of our trip perfect.

Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

Amazing! Our guide was great, knew exactly what he was doing and we loved every minute! Don't pass up the chance to do this while in Iceland!

Reviewed May 20, 2016

I booked a solo trip to Iceland as I just had to see the Northern Lights! But, once I booked the flights I knew I would have to do more; I like t go the extra mile at work so play should be no different, right?

So, I said what the heck in going to go all the way to the south. So i booked a tour with another company. And paid for this tour. However, the company cancelled at the last minute and had all of my money. So, they said they would issue a refund of course but this would take like 3/5 working days and of course I was leaving in 2.

So, I had to get my go getter hat on and find a solution. I contacted this company and they was going south, but they were going deeper south to the Ice-caves and this was £100 more. I asked if I could get the other company to transfer the money to them if I could book a place. And they said yes. I then asked if the other company could transfer the money to this company an they said yes. And the next minute im booked to go all the way down south, to the ice-caves too!

So, my adventure began with a pick up. On time (8:30am) from outside the hostel I was staying in. I was met by a guide named Thor. I was the only person on the minibus at this point so he made me feel very welcome and notice I was a photographer; and he told me the best sit for photography (which was a single sit right by the main door).

Thor went about driving through the city collecting all of my fellow Adventurers, and showing us his family businesses as we drive passed! And he introduce us all to each other. Our group was from around the world. With English as the main language. Thors social skills made us bond very well.

As we drive out of the city Thor started telling us stories about Churches, houses, land, and people. And the Elfs. And during our trip the stories were fab. The way he both entertained, and give historical details is what made this tour the best I have ever been on. The Icelandic people should be really proud of this guy cos he really holds Icelandic nature, and culture in his heart. And he really made me appreciate what it is like to be from such a hard terrain to live on. And, he also loved photography and didn't mind stopping to take a shot if the location had "good light" :-)

During the trip I visited a lot of places. Im sorry if I cannot say all of the places but I did the 1 night trek down south past the Jok Lagoon and to the ice caves. Each place was fantastic; with enough time given to enjoy the view. We stopped many times so you don't have to worry about the toilets and things. And we stopped for food too.

Lunch/dinner on the road cost about £10 per meal, and dinner about £30 in the farmhouse (its a hotel really and not a farm house like we would think of). The room during my stay was a double bed ensuite with heating and a TV; an wifi.

The minibus was safe, and the drive was also safe. I should add that Thor ensured we were safe during the whole trip. And give us pre warnings on how to be safe on Iceland beaches and landscapes.

All in all I really learnt a lot from this tour, and Thor is the best tour guide I have encountered. And the Northern Lights hit a level 7; like I said they would!

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Katrina F
Reviewed May 19, 2016

My friends wanted to renew their wedding vows on the 25th anniversary of their marriage. The twist is they wanted to do it front of a Viking Chieftain in an Ice Cave deep beneath the Vatnajökull glacier. Rósa (Sigrún Jónsdóttir) and Páll (Ásgeir Ásgeirsson) made it happen, from managing the event to providing the transportation, serving the champagne and taking the pictures. Rosa and Páll are a great team.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

One of the most unforgettable excursions I have ever been on. Our guides Rich and Julian were super knowledgable and made everything more fun. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: May 2016
Heiðrún Ó, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Hello there!
Thank you for this awesome review - it is truly appreciated.

All the best from Iceland