Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $87.93
from $145.04
from $194.14
2,417 results
All reviews ice climbing glacier hike blue ice blue tour river rafting golden circle northern lights day tour lava caving silfra fissure dry suit south coast hiking boots the bus lava tube small group super jeep
Selected filters
Reviewed May 18, 2016

One of the most unforgettable excursions I have ever been on. Our guides Rich and Julian were super knowledgable and made everything more fun. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: May 2016
Heiðrún Ó, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Hello there!
Thank you for this awesome review - it is truly appreciated.

Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

I did the caving and snorkelling tour with Jonas as the guide and he was fantastic! Told us lots of stories too! The caving was amazing, something new for me. The snorkelling was so picturesque and something you will never forget! I highly recommend going on a tour with Arctic adventures! :) -Dana

Hi Dana
Thank you for taking the time to write this review - we really appreciate it!

Reviewed May 11, 2016

The tour guides were friendly and helpful. Everything seems to be well organised. We were 4 tourists and had 2 dive masters with us. The dive is challenging (actually not the diving but getting in and out of the dry suit when you never did it before) but it is really worth it. I was diving a lot in the Carribean but this here is unique! For a diver this is a MUST! Worth every dollar we spent there. We had a guide from the UK and a lady from Finland. Both were very friendly and explained everything in detail. It felt like a private tour. I would highly recommend it.

Hello Thomas
Thank you very much for your review, it is much appreciated.
I am so glad to hear that you had such a good time diving in Silfra with us.

Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

We did the Black and Blue tour through Arctic Adventures and it was definitely an adventure. First we explored a lava tube cave which was very cool to see! Afterwards we went snorkeling in Silfra. This was one of my favorite days in Iceland. I was worried about being cold but it was bearable. The coldest part was changing into the suit and taking it off because it was around 20 degrees outside. Once we were in the water the view was amazing so I didn't think about the cold as much. As most people mentioned it was really just my hands and feet that were cold. I would recommend trying to get a dry suit early on because I was one of the last to get a suit and they only had large left. It was huge on me and the guides had to take an extra ten minutes to add bands around my wrist, ankles and neck to try to make it tighter. My undershirt actually got wet on my arms probably because the suit was so loose. It definitely took me a little while to warm up after changing out of the suit. Overall this trip was awesome, but it would be nice if they had more sizes available.

Date of experience: March 2016

Hi Erinemerino
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. I understand the frustration about not getting a suit that fits you well and although it does not affect you I can add that we are getting more sizes in for the upcoming season.

Thanks again!
All the best

Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

I booked the Cave Exploring and Silfra Snorkeling tour in advance through TripAdvisor (Viator) so that I would not have to arrange anything my first day in Iceland after an overnight flight. At the request of Artic Adventures, I happily agreed to walk a few blocks to be picked up at a nearby hostel rather than my own guesthouse so it would be easier on them. I arrived at the agreed upon time but due to construction surrounding the hostel, I had to sit on the corner across the street to wait. I sat. And sat.

No one ever showed up.

Calls wouldn't go through, and after waiting 45 minutes in the cold without any responses to the multiple emails I sent while waiting, I decided to just walk over to their office. The young lady explained, with a shrug, they had booked me on the wrong day. "Sorry, mistakes happen."

I'm pretty sure if I hadn't shown up and just shrugged saying mistakes happen, they still would have kept my money and I'd be out of luck. Something more than offering to rebook me seems in order after they wasted a full day of my vacation here.

Bottom line, if the lackadaisical attitude at Artic Adventures is any indication, you are probably better off taking your business elsewhere. Sounds like a great tour to do with a company that actually cares.

2  Thank biddleb

Hello Biddleb
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I have tried to figure out what went wrong in your case without luck, unfortunately. I can only apologize for this again and say that this is not the level customer service we like to be known for, so thank you for letting us know so we can make sure that this does not happen again.