Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier

Book in advance
from
$90.73
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $90.73
from $157.97
from $117.41
from $92.86
9,306 results
All reviews glacier hike blue ice tour golden circle day tour northern lights ice climbing dry suit south coast silfra fissure the bus lava tube super jeep small group hiking boots tectonic plates diamond beach the black sand beach
Selected filters
Reviewed February 29, 2016

Our caving experience was amazing! Our tour guide, Ingo, was absolutely brilliant- he was hilarious, knowledgeable, safety conscious and very helpful. We weren't rushed at all, we really learnt about caves and Iceland as Ingo conveyed a real passion for both. There were some from our tour group who had to go to the airport directly after the caving and they were able to keep their bags at the reception. Not sure if this is general company policy or just Ingo but either way it was very generous! I'm definitely coming back to Iceland and when I do I will be booking more activities through Extreme Iceland and would recommend it to anyone! Thank you from your new customers from Ireland!

Reviewed February 29, 2016

Margaret, our Extreme Iceland guide, made this trip fantastic. For starters, she really created a good vibe among the group, which for us was only 13 people. I was there as part of my Iceland Air package, but others contracted individually. Margaret was very engaging and well informed about all the places we visited. Our tour was the Golden Circle/Norther Lights tour.

During the tour, we visited a geyser (cannot remember which one), Gulfloss waterfall (BEAUTIFUL), a tomato greenhouse for lunch, a dairy farm, Fontana thermal pools, a national park, and were lucky enough to see the lights.

I am normally not a package or tour kind of person, but having a small group was great and having Margaret as a guide was an excellent opportunity to meet someone who lives in Iceland and can give some local information.

I would not hesitate to use Extreme Iceland for any of their other tours. Well done!

1  Thank ParisKat
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

Couldn't have hoped for a better experience.
Our driver, Richard, was on time, super awesome and his commentary along the drive was very cool.
When we arrived we had Joe and Norris fit us out with the required gear (they supply everything except base layer, if you want it) and explain everything to us in detail.
The dive itself was incredible! The visibility was over 150m, the water is crystal clear.
The dive lasted the perfect amount of time.

Highly recommended !

1  Thank hofmanrykus
Heiðrún Ó, Manager at Arctic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2016

Hello there!
Thank you very much for your positive review, we highly appreciate it.

All the best from Iceland!
Heiðrún Ólafsdóttir
Content manager

Reviewed February 27, 2016

Thank you to our guide David for an amazing 2 days tour. We learned a lot about Iceland and it was great to discover places out of the usual paths. We have been really lucky with the weather and the northern lights. I recommend Extreme Iceland and would definitely do more tours with them when we go back to Iceland.

Reviewed February 26, 2016

While in Iceland, my partner and I went on two tours with this company. The Black and Blue tour (lava cave exploring and snorkelling) and the Glacier hiking and ice climbing tour. The guides were extremely helpful and gave us lots of information about our activities. They were laid back and fun to spend the day with. The highlight of the trip was the glacier hiking, as the glacier itself was beautiful!

Although the snorkelling part of the first trip was cancelled due to bad weather, the company were great and gave us the option of rescheduling for free or giving us a refund.

I would highly recommend this company (I already have!) and would love to go on other trips if I return to Reykjavik!

Hi Rachel
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with this positive review - we really appreciate it!

All the best from Iceland