Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $1,566.66
from $348.66
from $205.50
2,259 results
All reviews ice climbing blue ice glacier hike blue tour river rafting golden circle northern lights day tour lava caving silfra fissure dry suit hiking boots south coast lava tube super jeep small group tectonic plates
Reviewed November 22, 2014

Snorkeling in between tectonic plates; a crack between the North American and Eurasian continent is not something that one gets do in many places, it really is a very different experience even if you have snorkeled elsewhere. Getting in and out of the suit is quite a task but once you are in the waters, the visibility is awesome and pretty much just like the pictures. We did it Nov and the water was cold about 2 deg celsius, though you remain pretty much dry because of the dry suit. Trick is not to panic when little droplets of water seep in if at all, its normal and the body does adjust to it Your hands even with gloves can will bit cold if you are using an underwater camera, but the pics are totally worth it!

The team is friendly and very professional and the whole experience is pretty safe.

All in all its awesome experience!

Reviewed November 19, 2014 via mobile

This tour was the highlight of our trip. We did Blue Ice which included a Glacier trek, ice wall climbing and a visit to a waterfall. The whole day was awesome! The views were absolutely amazing and the whole experience was just enhanced by our two fantastic guides, Jakob and Freyr. We cannot praise or thank them enough! They were fun, informative and very eager to ensure we had as full an experience as possible. We would highly recommend Arctic Adventures. :)

Reviewed November 18, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a great day with Jacob & Fray from Artic Adventures on the "Blue Ice" tour. The tour itself was great; when booking it said max. 8ppl but there were 10 on our group. Apart from that our day was fabulous. The glacier was spectacular and Fray was so passionate, funny and excited
about glaciers that he added something extra special to the day! He is just a cool guy, doing what he loves and it made us enjoy the experience more!

Reviewed November 16, 2014

We booked the Northern Lights Super jeep tour on our second last night in Rekjavik. My main reason for rating this as poor is not because we didn't see the lights as we completely understand that this is a natural phenomenon. Our poor rating is because of the safety on the trip. The super jeep sits about a metre off the ground and is difficult to get on and off even for an agile person. The jeep inside is cramped and uncomfortable. I unfortunately had a fall from the vehicle as I could not see the tiny ledge at the door. I was only badly bruised but the guide did not look after me or report the incident. I feel that the vehicle is not suitable for the tour.
When I contacted the company, they were very surprised with what happened but were helpful and did give us a refund. I can't fault their customer service. I do however worry about someone else falling and hurting themselves more seriously.

1  Thank cathyq
Reviewed November 16, 2014

First I have to say that we had some complications with our scheduling during our stay, so we went into the main office on Laugavegur and the girls working inside were extremely friendly and happy to work with us on the adjustment. That said, the tour was mind-blowing. Thingvellir National Park is astounding. First, we explored a cave ("black" part) which was such an incredible experience. It began snowing prior to us entering the cave, so the white coating on all of the surrounding lava rocks gave it a beautiful aesthetic. Our tourguide Gillie was extremely knowledgable, easy to talk to, and a downright fun guy (he gave us some great tips for the Airwaves event that was happening and we actually ran into him much later in a nightclub). I can't say enough good things about him. He was a great story-teller, I learned so many different things both about the geography and even about trolls (I won't elaborate but it actually starts to make sense how the belief originated). The next part was the "blue", snorkeling in Silfra. First we stopped at the visitors center for food/refreshments and to empty our bladders (NO PEEING IN THE WATER! This was the "Golden Rule"). The drive to Silfra was only about 3-5 minutes. My only qualm was the fact that the guys had to get changed outside of the bus, which was freezing! The 2 instructors are a couple of really nice Spanish guys (although their names elude me, I believe one of them was named Juan). They were very thorough and assisted us through the daunting process of putting on the wetsuit. The first layer that goes on is basically a very thick, plush onesie that keeps you very very warm. Next is the wetsuit which is a bit boisterous but it is very efficient at keeping the water out. The only things to get cold in the water were my face (exposed, obviously) my hands (gloves allow water into them) and my feet. Your actual body and core temperature remain quite toasty though. The sights underwater are unexplainable. I work for a travel agency and I will absolutely be recommending Arctic Adventures. Try it out.