Ways to Experience Arctic Adventures
from $811.00
from $214.50
from $365.70
2,105 results
All reviews ice climbing blue ice glacier hike blue tour grand slam river rafting golden circle northern lights lava caving day tour silfra fissure dry suit hiking boots lava tube super jeep tectonic plates south coast
Reviewed October 8, 2014 via mobile

We joined these guys for the solheimajokull glacier hike tour during our visit to Iceland - and recommend everyone else do the same! We drove and met them at the location, and got quickly fitted with boots, helmets, crampons and waterproof gear. The two guides were very friendly, helpful and extremely professional. They kept an eye out for us and held our hands as we made our way from grasslands to ice fields. They were also extremely knowledgeable about the landscape of iceland and readily shared factoids with us, entertaining any question we had about how glaciers form and the like. The hike was an incredible experience - it was our first time trekking on ice and were really glad they made it so fun, enjoyable and safe. Scaling the ice wall was also memorable - and is way harder than it looks - but something everyone should try in a country as pure, natural and amazing as iceland. We would recommend Arctic adventures anyday, and hope to return to try the white water rafting tours they also offer!

Reviewed September 27, 2014

I did two tours with this company: their full day glacier hiking tour and the snorkeling and caving day trip.
Glacier Hiking - This tour was a highlight of my time in Iceland. The tour guide ‘Odd’ was informative, funny and laid back. You don’t need previous experience for this, I didn’t have any. It’s challenging enough to be manageable but still fun. The ice wall climbing was an amazing experience. My body was exhausted around halfway up but push yourself to get to the top, you won’t regret it. I felt completely safe at every stage of this tour. We got to see down large crevasses and learnt about the history of the glacier. On the way back we stopped at a waterfall for photos. An amazing tour experience – thanks Odd.
Caving - – I did this in the morning, with snorkelling in the afternoon. It was a unique experience to walk through an underground lava tube. Bring good walking shoes or boots as you have to climb on and over rocks of varying sizes. The best part was when we stopped for a rest and turned our headlights off. Sitting in the complete darkness really magnified the sounds from within the cave. I didn’t take any photos inside in case I dropped and smashed my camera, but you’re free to take photos if you like. A fun morning.
Snorkeling - I did this at Thingvellir National park after doing caving in the morning. When we got off the bus we were told that they had filmed some of Game of Thrones here, so after the snorkelling I ran around the area taking photos. You are given a dry suit to wear to keep you warm in the very cold water. The only part of you to get wet is your face and hands, which both end up freezing. I had hired an underwater camera to use for 5000ISK (it was meant to be 7500ISK, but I was told the wrong price from the company I booked through). To be honest, I didn’t feel the camera was necessary. The water was very blue and nice to swim through, despite the cold, but there was nothing to look at. There were no fish and the coral was all the same colour, with a little bit of seaweed. I took lots of photos to justify the cost of renting the camera, but they are all pretty much the same. After snorkeling we were able to jump off the side of a small cliff into the water – fun, plus you’ll be used to the cold water. A fun tour but don’t both with the camera, unless you have your own.

Reviewed September 19, 2014 via mobile

We took 2 tours with arctic adventure golden circle and snorkelling also glacier hiking...had awesome guides small enough groups so perfect and the service was exceptional. We booked northern lights tour with them but due to weather they had to cancel and tried reaching us every way possible and refunded 100% cost instead of a voucher or a credit. Highly recommend going with arctic adventure.

Reviewed September 10, 2014

Arctic Adventures offers tours for anything and everything you want to do in Iceland. Most importantly all the Tours were amazing! I did Rafting, South Coast waterfalls/volcano/glacier walk, Horseback riding, and Snorkeling Silfra tours and all the guides were very fun, friendly, and knowledgeable. Their office in downtown Reykjavik is very convenient and they are open extended hours to accommodate your travel needs.

Reviewed September 4, 2014

I can't recommend these guys enough. friendly, fun and professional. I even got a lift into town off them one day when I hadn't even taken a tour that day. They're located in the centre of the capital with an outdoor supply shop adjoining.