“Excellent Tours - Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

$112.64*
and up
Golden Circle and Secret Lagoon Hot Springs Day Trip from Reykjavík
More attraction details
Owner description: Arctic Adventures is an Icelandic adventure and activity company. We are a bunch of outdoor and adventure fanatics committed to the mission of mixing business and adventure! With an emphasis on eco tourism and environmentally friendly trips, we want to offer the best for our customers to experience in the unique Icelandic nature. We provide tours ranging from exciting River Rafting and Snorkeling in one of the world's clearest waters to Glacier hiking and trekking in some of the most beautiful sceneries Iceland has to offer. Additionally a wide range of other activities is offered to adventurous travelers. Our main office is located in Reykjavik and our two base camps are located close to Geysir and Gullfoss (western Iceland) and in Skaftafell (southeastern Iceland). Go home with a story worth telling!
Oakland, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Excellent Tours - Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I took two day trips with this company, Diving Silfra and the Glacier Hike.

Both activities are highly recommended, and I enjoyed my guides, as well as the staff who helped with booking in the downtown office.

1 Thank rinwonderland

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Westchester, New York, United States
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Personal Tour Guide is a Must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I took the Superjeep Golden Circle and Glacier Snowmobiling Day Tour. While I've read it's not worth taking a superjeep around the Golden Circle, if you tack on Snowmobiling it's very worth it!

The Golden Circle was well worth having a personal guide (instead of a bus tour). We were with another couple from Whales and it was a blast. Not rushed, very fun and informative guide.

The snowmobiling really made this trip amazing. You have to have a superjeep to get to the Glacier, hence if you tack it onto the Golden Circle, its worth having the superjeep. First off, you'r on a glacier, that was on my Bucket List. Second, you look off in the distance, and the mountains you see are actually volcanoes. Let me reiterate, you are on a glacier, looking at full fledged volcanoes... where else in the world can you do that!? The views from the top of the glacier make you feel like you on top of the world.

Visited June 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Glacier Hiking is a must do- amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

6 of us booked onto the tour before leaving home and it was my favourite of our whole trip (9 tours in 7 days!) Absolutely amazing being on a glacier. The ice climbing was brilliant fun and the guides very patient and informative.
This is the tour to do and the company to do it with.

Calgary, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently went to Iceland on vacation and booked two tours with them.
The first tour we did was the U-Drive South Shore with Glacier Hiking and was our favourite thing that we did the entire trip. It included visiting some waterfalls, glacier hiking, and a drive along the lava coast. Our guide picked us up from our hotel in a Super Jeep (a jacked-up monster of a jeep excellent for off-roading and every weather condition in Iceland). He then handed over the wheel to my boyfriend and sat in the back seat to direct and explain things to us.
Our guide Valdi was absolutely amazing! So knowledgeable about his country and the history behind it. Every question we had was answered. He encouraged us to go wherever we wanted to go and added in extra little side trips when he saw we were really up for anything. We got to see so much of the country and learn about it in a way we wouldn't have been able to if we had just rented a car ourselves. When we went glacier hiking he told us all about the different aspects of the glacier and which eruptions the different kinds of volcanic ash covering it came from. One of our favourite parts was the black sand beach - at our request he even played photographer and took picture after picture until my boyfriend and I had the one picture we wanted to print and frame for home. Valdi made this day the best of our trip.
The second tour we went on was the Black Lava Tour which was a combination tour of horse back riding in the morning and exploring lava caves in the afternoon. The horse back riding was so much fun! The Icelandic horses are so small they can just barely be considered horses - but what they lack in stature they make up for in personality. They were all friendly and well-tempered, making for a very good riding experience. The second half of the day we drove out to the lava fields and clambered down into a cave which we explored for about 45 minutes. Our guide was, again, very knowledgeable and explained to us how the cave had formed and what the differences in the rock were.
Arctic Adventures both times was a really great experience for us and the highlight of our trip. Definitely recommend it!

Visited September 2012
Hong Kong
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Unforgettable trip! - volcano hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

2 friends & I joined the "Thorsmork volcano hike tour" on 25/10/2012. We visited the volcano that just erupted in 2010. The view was fantastic up there! That wasn't an easy trail though. Our guide (Palli) was very supportive and friendly. Without hiim, I think I could not complete the hiking! He saved me when I nearly fell off from the mountain during descending. This tour is the highlight of my stay in Iceland. I highly recommend this.

Sabrina from Hong Kong