“great way to spend the day”
Review of Volcano House

Volcano House
Ranked #19 of 181 things to do in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Volcano House is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the heart of Reykjavik. This is the place where one can learn about the Icelandic volcanoes by watching high quality film that were created for the Volcano House. Moreover, there is a great lava stones collection, souvenir shop and the collection of arts from famous Icelandic artists. We pride ourselves with of our multilingual staff many of whom have studied geology and so can add to the understanding of our customers.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Hello,

Me and my wife spent the day at the volcano house. These two interesting movies are really educational and at a fair price. It was fun to see and feel with your hands 3000 year old ash from the eruption in Hekla. I fully recommend this place for everyone who visit Iceland.

Volcano H, Manager at Volcano House, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Good to hear, thanks for visitng and be sure to stop by next time you come to the country! :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went to the Volcano House and paid for the movie-not thrilled especially for the price, I would skip this one.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A good show at a fair price. Good location close to the old harbour, saw their ad in the Visitor´s Guide travel book, went for a visit and was very satisfied.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Though me and my dad are English, we decided to see it in German (don't ask), even so it was utterly fascinating to learn about the eruptions that happened in 2010. I'd suggest going to watch in your own language though!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I didn't see the movie because it was about $20 for about 40 minutes of film. There was a woman playing Gotye Somebody I Used to Know at the piano. She was pretty good. The lava rock collection was fine but I feel like after seeing the real thing this wasn't so impressive. I didn't eat or drink anything here so I can't comment on the food. I'm just really surprised that this is one of the best things to do in Reykjavik? Was pretty forgettable?

Volcano H, Manager at Volcano House, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Hello there,

Just a quick reply to your review here. We are not so surprised to see that you didn´t really get "what the hype was about" seeing as you didn´t see our film or enjoy our cakes and coffee. As you can see on the comments here on our page that´s definetly something worth taking your time and money on. So we hope you will drop by again so you can actually write a review from your experience here and not the lack of it, we are sure that you will be impressed! :)