“An Excellent Meal above Reyjkavik Marina”
Review of Kolabrautin

Kolabrautin
Ranked #216 of 516 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Description: Kolabrautin Ristorante is located on the fourth floor of the Harpa concert hall. We offer Italian cuisine paired with local ingredients, providing our guests with a taste of Iceland merged with Italian traditions. With spectacular views, in Iceland's most phenomenal building, a trip to our restaurant is a must for anyone that enjoys good food and beautiful surroundings.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

an impressive building that requires some fitness to get up to the top. I enjoyed this place. I would disagree with the lack of atmosphere. Service good. Food great. Not sure about price as was not paying. For me worth paying to eat here. My meal of Cod was one of the best fish meals i can recall.
The Marina cannot help looking like it does and that is the view!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The restaurant Kolabrautin is located in the Harpa conference and concert hall, which was the winner of the 2013 European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture. An interesting house and a great view! The restaurant is one of the best in Reykjavik; a bit expensive, but Reykjavik is rather expensive.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Like many other reviewers, my friends and I were drawn to the restaurants because of the view. However, the views turned out to be rather boring, as we were shown to a table where we could gaze upon the coast guard and other ships. Anyway, I was there to eat, not take photographs. The waiters and waitresses were attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. An earlier review of the restaurant stated that it felt like you were sitting in an airport, and I can agree to some extent. It felt rather sterile, and not very personal.

My friends and I chose the four dish menu, which was priced 8900 ISK, or 57 EUR. I will not go into details of each dish, but they were all very good. The dessert was the highlight of the meal though, it was a pear sorbet with white chocolate, berries and sorrel. Incredibly fresh and delicious taste, I'd go there again for this dessert alone. After drinks, the total price ended up at around 73 EUR per person, which is half of what we'd pay here in Norway, so I can't complain about the prices.

All in all, the food was definitely worth it, but the atmosphere was rather dull.

1  Thank Gardai123
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Worth going to because the building from the inside was very cool, but the food was expensive for what you got. Maybe stop by for a drink and enjoy the view and then head elsewhere for dinner.

1  Thank Natalie J
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Excellent service. Magnificent architecture. Views over the harbour. Food of a high standard. Would certainly recommend a visit. It is not inexpensive but Reykjavik is an expensive place to eat.