“perfect start of a concert evening”
Review of Kolabrautin

Kolabrautin
Ranked #222 of 518 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Description: Kolabrautin Ristorante is located on the fourth floor of the Harpa concert hall. We offer Italian cuisine paired with local ingredients, providing our guests with a taste of Iceland merged with Italian traditions. With spectacular views, in Iceland's most phenomenal building, a trip to our restaurant is a must for anyone that enjoys good food and beautiful surroundings.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

we started our Jethro Tull concert evening in Harpa with a dinner at Kolabrautin. A perfect choice :-).
We did enjoy very much the innovative, fresh dishes, a mixture of traditional Icelandic menus in a modern interpretation. The wonderful view to the harbour and the very friendly service completed a wonderful evening.
We will be back!!

1  Thank Jasmin_Stroppel

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Great dishes, excellent food and quality service. Beautiluf location. The restaurant is inside Harpa. Breathtaking view over the sea.

1  Thank ElinBjork
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Prompt service and very beautiful setting highlighted by fresh local ingredients tastefully prepared an presentation to match a one-of-a-kind venue.
Highly recommend.

1  Thank Cesnik01
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We went to the show @ Harpa "How to become Icelandic in 60 mintutes" - great fun
and had dinner @ Kolabrautin Restaurant in this fantastic Opera House building.
I know there is lots of discussion about this building being melomane or, on the contrary, a boost for Iceland's national pride. Nevertheless, I find it a fantastic landmark, amazing architecture. Apparantly many Scandinavian cities are having new opera houses incl. Copenhagen & Oslo.
But this review is about the restaurant. The building is mindblowing and the enormous open spaces, as well vertcal as horizontal make enetering the restauant already an adventure. The giant staircase, the spatious bar and the low night sun in June make the rooms explode with light. The view over the harbour through the huge double honeycomb like wall of glass give the restaurant a unique atmosphere. Food / menu is very good, not spectacular, but reasonably priced. I saw a 3 course lunch menu for less than 40 €, http://www.kolabrautin.is/#Kvoldmatsedill

1  Thank Peter V
Reviewed May 29, 2012

On the way from the US I did stop over in Reykjavik. The first day, I made reservation for dinner and got a ticket for opera performance in the Harpa, new Congress and Entertainment center.
Second evening I went to Harpa and had wonderful evening. I started with a view over mountains from restaurant. I was served wonderful dinner. I started with champagne, later I had vegetarian dish and twice the same fruit dessert. That was excellent dinner. The service was proper, food better than the first night in a ”very good” restaurant in city. The opera performance was also very nice.

I recommend full evening in Harpa even if one is not a lover of opera or another performance. You will enjoyed it.

1  Thank Krzysztof F F