“Great food, excellent hosts”
Review of Pisa Ristorante - CLOSED

Pisa Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reviewed June 25, 2013

went there with 30+ people in May. Really good food, especially the lamb. great hosts and very accomodating. service was excellent.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had Excellent Meal With My Wife At Pisa. The Owner/Chef Was Extremely Friendly, We Showed Up After The restaurant Was Already Closed But The Chef Welcomed Us In And Made An Amazing Meal For Us. Prices Were Very Good And The atmosphere Was Warm And Very Friendly. Best Place We Ate At In Iceland!

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The lamb was incredible. The restaurant had a classy yet comfortable atmosphere. If I come back to Iceland, I'll be eating here again for sure.

1  Thank Dpatel035
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went here without checking reviews and were pleased to find a comfortable. easy going, family oriented restaurant. It offered home made pizzas as well as Icelandic main courses. I was not feeling very well so we had only a main course, but the lamb was outstanding and the other dishes very good too.

balinn74, Manager at Pisa Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind words.

We especially appreciate what you said about our lamb. We do it differently everyday but we always try to do it justice. As it is one of the most tender and succulent meat you will ever find.

I hope you will visit us another time and try our fish, it also changes daily, it depends on what we get fresh that day.

This is one of the perks of running a restaurant in Iceland, you get excellent lamb and you can get fresh fish everyday (we are located less than one kilometer from the harbour).

We are really glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

we went here as a group of 20. We booked the table at 20:00 and when we arrived, the table wasn´t ready. We sat down next to it and then went to the table, while the staff were preparing. We had chosen lamb and sea bass from before, so it was really easy for the chefs to be well prepared. The drinks arrived and the wine was too warm and had no taste. The lamb was good, but it was a really small portion. (I know that the size of portions can always be discussed, but I was really hungry after.) the garniture was exactly the same for both the seabass and the lamb: a few carrots, very few slices of potatoes and lots of rucola salad on top! We had almost no bread, and when we were almost done, I saw that the waiter came with one big bread at the sidetable. Too bad they didn´t serve it.
We all payed and went of, some of us to have some more to eat.

balinn74, Manager at Pisa Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

As I was your waiter I am distraught at your experience.

I was under the impression you were all really happy with your evening with us.
It is true that we were a bit tightly booked, but we did inform the person that made the reservation of this beforehand. But as he wanted to have dinner at that time we did our best to accommodate.

Other guests in your group said that it was the best lamb that they ever tasted and also praised the cod (not sea bass) highly.

Concerning the size of the portions, this is the first time I hear of it. People have even said our large portions were part of the "bad points" in other reviews. But of course this will be taken into considerations.

I also want to apologize that we were baking at the same time it should have been on your table. Maybe we are too obsessed with having it warm and fresh.
This can happen, but shouldn't.

In conclusion I want to say that though I think your review was harsh, we will take all this consideration.

And lastly; the other group we had that night was so happy that they are coming back tonight, and some of them even came for dinner yesterday as well. So we are doing something right.

Farvel