“Best restaurant in town”
Review of Pisa Ristorante - CLOSED

Pisa Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Best restaurant in town”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Me and my girlfriend just came back from a great night at Pisa, where the owner took great care of us, even if we just walked in without a reservation on a saturday night. We started off with some really enjoyable bruschetta that surprised us both for being both elegant and yet simple.

We both had pasta, obviously, and my spinach filled ravioli with mushrooms, green onions, garlic, olive oil and walnuts was the best pasta dish I have ever had, each bite was so delicious, and the texture was perfect. My girlfriend had the lasagna bolognese with garlic bread and pesto and it was just wonderful.

The price is nothing to worry about and the look and feel of the place is homey and classy at the same time, we both agreed that we enjoyed the stay and would return multiple times.

The service was fantastic to say the least, the owner makes everyone feel welcome and has earned himself two loyal customers

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Einosig

Toronto, Canada
“I still dream about the mushroom risotto”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is one of the few restaurants we visited twice during our 10 day stay in Reykjavik.

The price was in line with other restaurants in Reykjavik and therefore reasonable. However, the mushroom risotto I had there would have been worth every kroner no matter what they charged for it! Delicious wild mushrooms, apples, walnuts - every bite was heaven.

It was very, very rich, though. The serving looks deceptively small, and I ate the whole thing the first time I went. I was quite uncomfortable afterwards because I was so full, so the next time I went, I ordered the same thing, but took about half of it back to my hotel, despite my temptation to gobble the whole thing down again!

We got a carafe of white wine to go with our meal, and the price was reasonable that way - that was something we noticed, that their wine price was quite reasonable compared to the prices in many other restaurants in Iceland.

The server was also quite friendly and attentive, and recognized us when we came back the second time.

If I ever go back to Reykjavik, this is one of the restaurants we'll be sure to visit again!

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank FromOntariariario
scotland
“Best Italian in the world”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

2 independant people had told me about this restaurant so we looked out for it and went on our second night in Reykjavik. It's a pretty restaurant with a nice atmosphere in an easy location to find. The staff are lovely and our waitress was brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. But the food, the food was absolutly amazing. I had the smoked salmon linguini which was beautiful and we shared a nice wine. The food was so good in fact we went back on our third and last night. I tried the mushroom ravaloi and again we had a nice wine but to our surprise our lovely waitress sneeked us some dessert!!!
All in all I cannot praise this restaurant enough for it's amazing food and outstanding service. We also felt it was very well priced, just wish it was a bit nearer than a 2 1/2 hour flight from me.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank nic78Scotland
Uppsala
“Excellent food for a moderate price”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

First night in Reykjavik my sister and I stepped int to Pisa Ristorante just because I rememberred the name of the guest house from searching accomodation in Reykjavik.
We decided to try a three course menu of smoked salmon, lamb rack and chocalate with ice cream. We just had a glass of wine each and ice water, that the waiter filled up constantly. We really enjoyed the service, the cosy place and most of all the outstanding food. The bill for the two of us came to 14 200 ISK ( 818 SEK or 90 EUR), which is about half the price we would pay in Sweden. Why don't you look up Pisa on www.pisa.is!

On Saturday night a lot of restaurants in the main street were fully booked because of a music festival so we decided to try Pisa again, where we got a table. We ordered the second menu of beef carpaccio, fish of the day and almond biscuit for 4 900 ISK each (282 SEK or 31 EUR). The fish this day was fresh ling (latin: molva molva )a very nice surprise to me, who doesn't care for the stockfish variety (lutfisk), that is served in Sweden at Xmas.

I do strongly recommend you to try Pisa Ristorante, when in Reykjavik.

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank __Joh__Ye
reykajvik
“Delicious dinner and relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The service was attentive and kind girls, relaxed atmosphere, I hade a spaghetti with lobster, tiger shrimps and chilli, I realy liked it, spicy and tasty. My son had a pizza cruncy like real Italyan. Realy cozy and beautiful restaurant. Experiance I will do again.

• Visited October 2011