“wonderful meal”

Sjavargrillid Seafood Grill
Ranked #16 of 464 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Ashford, United Kingdom
“wonderful meal”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We booked this restaurant for a group of 10 and the staff could not have been more welcoming or efficient and we received a complimentary drink and they also did a birthday cake for my husband. The food itself was delicious and the whole party enjoyed their meal. I myself went for the lobster feast which was sublime. I would happily recommend and return to this restaurant. The ambience is lovely and only surpassed by the food.

Visited January 2014

Stonehaven, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the wait.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We tried to get a table here a couple of times - but without a reservation. Third time lucky - but well worth the wait. Fantastic food, with the best shellfish soup ever. Staff are really helpful and friendly and I had no problem with my coeliac diet being catered for.

london
“A special evening”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We ate here on my birthday and we had a fantastic evening. We had a reservation for 830pm and on arrival we were asked to wait for a few minutes until our table was ready. Shortly the Maitre D showed us to our table but it was directly next to the door and in the path of the waiting staff. I apologised to the Head waiter and asked for a different table as I really didn't want to sit in an Icelandic draught! He was extremely understanding and agreed we could have another table but explained that we would have to wait. We settled in the bar with a glass of wine each and started to wait. After about 10 mins the waiter came to us an apologised that we were still waiting and offered to comp our drinks which I felt was extremely accommodating seeing as it was my decision not to take the offered table! Some half an hour later he again returned with the bottle and refreshed our almost empty drinks again apologising for our wait and comping the new drinks! He also brought the menus, which he discussed at length with us and siad he would take our order shortly so that we wouldn't be waiting for too much longer. We made our choices and shortly afterwards were shown to the table, which was really the best in the house!
We were served an amuse bouche and a selection of artisan breads and then dinner began in earnest! I chose a prawn and ling dish and my husband a scallop and smoked haddock dish. Both were simply divine! I then had Arctic Charr, a fish I had never tried before and it came served 3 ways, including a fillet served on a smoking tray and it was simply beautiful! My husband had lamb served 2 ways and he said it was the best he had ever tasted.
We had no room for a dessert but we had coffees and lingered over them enjoying the atmosphere. By this time it was almost 11pm and people were still coming in to eat and mostly local people which to me is always a sign of an excellent restaurant.
All in all it was an exceptional meal, with exceptional service which all helped to make it a most memorable birthday! Many thanks!

Visited January 2014
Scotland
“Excellent food, great taster menus for Icelandic cuisine”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The food here is just fabulous: great-tasting, lovely presentation, and the taster menus (three courses starting from ISK6,400) are excellent ways to get an introduction to local produce and cuisine. Some reviews point out the relatively limited menu as a drawback, but it's actually a good sign: they focus on a few things done well which means they are more likely to be making all the food from scratch. The worst one could say about this restaurant is that the lights are turned so low you can't see the food properly and take in the full loveliness on offer (although perhaps this is different in summer with the extremely long days). A definite must on your Reykjavik menu!

Brussels, Belgium
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

A friend told me that I had to visit this restaurant when going to Iceland and I am glad that I did. The food is excellent, the restaurant cosy and the staff friendly. Absolutely worth a visit, especially if you like seafood and fish.