“Excellent Restaurant Choice in Reykjavik”

Sjavargrillid Seafood Grill
Ranked #18 of 511 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Seafood Grill was recommended by our hotel, and really exceeded our expectations. The 4-course dinner is an excellent choice that allows you to taste a variety of Icelandic specialties. The entrees are well-prepared, and everything is presented in a beautiful and creative manner.

1  Thank bkh

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Absolutely loved this place. We we had two set menus, the Seafood feast and the Lobster feast. Wonderful combinations of food with clever combinations of flavours and textures. Excellent value too, especially for Iceland. One of the best meals we have ever had. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate at Sjavargrillid on our first night in Iceland. We had no reservations but were seated anyway. The Fish Feast I had was the best meal I had in Iceland in the five days we were there. In particular, Hallgrim's shellfish soup was incredible. The catfish and plaice were delicious and the carrot cake was the best I've ever had. The atmosphere and service there was fantastic as well. Make a reservation if you can.

2  Thank robi1138
Reviewed November 10, 2013

4 adult and two children (6/7) dinner. Lovely seafood soup and wonderful fish of the day to follow + some of my fave oyster bay sauvigon blanc from NZ. Very friendly service, kids colouring books with crayons, comfortable seating for six. Highly recommended both for couples and family option.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Lorraine had the plaice lobster main and I had catfish fish of the day. Mine was nice but Lorraines was gorgeous and another case of wishing I'd ordered hers. L sang to her food while she ate and said if not the best at least next to the best fish meal she had ever had. Damn, wish even more had ordered the same.