“Good location, solid dinner”

Sjavargrillid Seafood Grill
Ranked #41 of 535 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Made reservations one week in advance since we went on the the Saturday of the marathon and cultural festival. No problems with getting seated. Had the tasting menu which included the puffin, minka whale, and lamb. Wasn't a big fan of the puffin, closest thing it reminded me of was pheasant. I really enjoyed the whale, it was like a mix between a fatty tuna and duck, which is the only way I can explain it. The sauces complemented the dishes well, service was exceptional. I understand their foray into the foodie world, but I would not put this place on par with a Michelin star restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,901)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I went there with a friend of mine for lunch. The price was really affordable and it kinda struck me how really nice quality dishes we got for this price but I got the "Meat dish of the day" and my friend "Fish of the day". The food tasted really good and fresh, really beautiful presentation on the dish and the service was excellent were the waiter explained our dish. The place is really nice and so does the whole lunch menu. It is kind of pricy the dinner menu so definitely go there for lunch.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our food was exceptional and worth the stop. I found this place on tripadvisor and it was ranked 3 out of 244 places to eat in Reykjavik. I found the service to be a little on the slow side however we enjoyed our meal and the time that we spent at the restaurant. Was a very good dinner for our second night in Iceland.

2  Thank JTEVANS7
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Maybe it's because I live in Norway now and we have awesome seafood, but I was kinda disappointed with the food here. It's always crowded, but I was able to sit outside since it was a warmer evening. The shellfish soup barely had any shellfish in it. Not sure if I would come back here on return to Reykjavik. I'm sticking with the Grill Market! Don't know if I am allowed to link to my blog, but I included more details and pics of the meal. http://naessessaryescape.wordpress.com/2013/08/25/reykjavik-restaurants/

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We soon discovered that there are very few places for a family of 6 to eat cheaply in iceland and sjavargrillid is no exception. However the service and quality of the food were the best we had on our trip and much better than similar priced restaurants. We hadn't booked and the maitre d' was great in finding a slot for us.